Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2020 Class Prediction

Comments

• BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019
    Here's mine. Let me doog:

QB: Ethan Garbers
    RB: Jay'Veon Sunday
    RB: Sam Adams
    OL: Gaard Memmelaar
    OL: Roger Rosengarten
    OL: Geirean Hatchett
    OL: Jeffrey Persi
    OL: Jernias Tafia
    TE: Mark Redman
    TE: Ben Yurosek
    TE: Kole Taylor
    WR: Sawyer Racanelli
    WR: Jalen McMillan
    WR: Rome Odunze

BUCK: Jaden Navarrette
    SAM: Cooper McDonald
    BUCK or DL: Jordan Lolohea
    DL: Jake Shipley
    DB: Ayden Hector
    DB: Trey Paster
    DB: Jacobe Covington
    DB: Makell Esteen
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

You really think we take 22 and 5 OL?
    edited June 2019
    Swaye said:

You really think we take 22 and 5 OL?
    Yep. I think 21 or 22 is where this class ends up. I think the 2021 O-line talent is very weak. I see we still only have one 2021 O-line offer out after the Spring evaluation period. I think the O-line talent available to them in this class is better than in the 2021 class so I think they need to load up. The good thing about that potential O-line class is there wouldn't be any position overlap. You got two tackles in Rosengarten and Persi, two guards in Hatchett and Memmelaar, and a center in Tafia. That O-line class would fit in very nicely.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

My turn

RB: Jay'Veon Sunday, Sam Adams II
    OL: Gaard Memmelaar, Roger Rosengarten, Geirean Hatchett, Marcus Henderson III
    TE: Ben Yurosek, Mark Swayeman
    WR: Jalen McMillan, Rome Odunze

OLB: Sawyer Racanelli, Sa'Vell Smalls
    ILB: Cooper McDonald
    DB: Jacobe Covington, Ayden Hector, Makell Esteen, Trey Paster

Beer me while I WOOF!

Now this class gives me serious doog wood. Moving Sawyer to OLB, where I like him MUCH better, and getting Odunze, plus adding Henderson III (love him), and Smalls(!!!) would take this class from solid to FUCK YEAH!

• FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Woof said:

This was a fun thread to revisit last year, so I'll take the first shot at making myself look stupid.

It feels like we're going to take a bit of a smallish class, given we only have 10 scholarship seniors left on the roster by my count. There are a few potential early entry candidates, but I don't think any underclassmen are a lock to leave. I know we freed up a few scholarships from turnover, but there are a couple walkons (Ulofoshio and Fowler) who could potentially earn scholarships this year. I'll assume for now we're targeting 19 spots for the class. Current commits are bolded, guesses are in italics.

QB - Garbers
    RB - Sunday
    RB - Adams
    TE - Redman
    TE - Yurosek
    WR - Odunze
    WR - McMillan
    OL - Memmelaar
    OL - Rosengarten
    OL - Hatchett
    OL - Persi

OLB - Smalls
    DL/OLB - Shipley
    DL/OLB - Lolohea
    LB - Racanelli
    DB - Esteen
    DB - Paster
    DB - Hector
    DB - Covington

I know I'm dooging on Smalls and McMillan, but there are always a couple high profile guys that the staff closes late. It would be nice if they finally closed a 5 star for once. Those in the know, let me know how realistic this is.

I think its a senior class of 13 counting Whitford and Carty. 4 have left since signing day: https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/56773/post-signing-day-scholarship-chart/p1

That is actually an above average sized senior class. I will actually agree with SAC and say we take at least 22.

Out of a roster of 85 kids you have to expect 5+ unexpected departures due to injury, homesickness, etc. If you are trying to count only kids that are likely to leave early then you will always end up too low this far out because you miss out on the small probabilities that add up.

edited June 2019

Woof said:

This was a fun thread to revisit last year, so I'll take the first shot at making myself look stupid.

It feels like we're going to take a bit of a smallish class, given we only have 10 scholarship seniors left on the roster by my count. There are a few potential early entry candidates, but I don't think any underclassmen are a lock to leave. I know we freed up a few scholarships from turnover, but there are a couple walkons (Ulofoshio and Fowler) who could potentially earn scholarships this year. I'll assume for now we're targeting 19 spots for the class. Current commits are bolded, guesses are in italics.

QB - Garbers
    RB - Sunday
    RB - Adams
    TE - Redman
    TE - Yurosek
    WR - Odunze
    WR - McMillan
    OL - Memmelaar
    OL - Rosengarten
    OL - Hatchett
    OL - Persi

OLB - Smalls
    DL/OLB - Shipley
    DL/OLB - Lolohea
    LB - Racanelli
    DB - Esteen
    DB - Paster
    DB - Hector
    DB - Covington

I know I'm dooging on Smalls and McMillan, but there are always a couple high profile guys that the staff closes late. It would be nice if they finally closed a 5 star for once. Those in the know, let me know how realistic this is.

I think its a senior class of 13 counting Whitford and Carty. 4 have left since signing day: https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/56773/post-signing-day-scholarship-chart/p1

That is actually an above average sized senior class. I will actually agree with SAC and say we take at least 22.

Out of a roster of 85 kids you have to expect 5+ unexpected departures due to injury, homesickness, etc. If you are trying to count only kids that are likely to leave early then you will always end up too low this far out because you miss out on the small probabilities that add up.

Lol we don't lose kids to homesickness! Our biggest problem is the guys who suck and don't play never want to leave!
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    QB: Ethan garbers
    RB: Jay'veon (I wouldn't be shocked if he's 2020's Nick Bolton tho)
    WR: McMillan
    WR: Bryant (this is my doog pick. Barring urbs being at usc prior to the signing period I think we win this battle)
    OL: Hatchett, RR, Gaard (brb, jo)

DT: I have no clue. There's not much out there and we're loaded here.
    OLB: McDonald (yawn)
    OLB: we need to land someone surprising here. My doog pick would be banks.
    ILB: fuck Bob gregory
    DB: covington, hector, esteen
  • guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784

guntlove said:

Woof said:

QB - Garbers
    RB - Sunday
    RB - Adams
    TE - Redman
    TE - Yurosek
    WR - Odunze
    WR - McMillan
    OL - Memmelaar
    OL - Rosengarten
    OL - Hatchett
    OL - Persi

OLB - Smalls
    DL/OLB - Shipley
    DL/OLB - Lolohea
    LB - Racanelli
    DB - Esteen
    DB - Paster
    DB - Hector
    DB - Covington

Bob Gregory is so fucking terrible at his job
    I think he's pretty damn good at coaching the LB position. Everything else, not so much, but at least he's good at that.

Is he though?

My comment about him being 'terrible at his job' was more an assessment of his recruiting work this year... But, special teams was atrocious last year. So that's two out of three parts of his job that he's really not very fucking good at.

ILB coaching wise...

It would be totally unfair to pin Azeem's implosion on Bob Gregory... there was obviously a lot of outside/personal shit at play there. But Gregory certainly wasn't able to slow down the implosion in any way.

Bob deserves credit for BBK... that dude got better every year, and was a machine his last year. But Beirria regressed his senior year. Kyler Manu's been here four years, and he's just as much a worthless lump of shit as he was when he got here. Beavers played pretty well when healthy... and you can't blame the dude's injuries on Gregory. Wellington seems poised for a solid season but he's been here three years and we've gotten very little consistent production out of him to this point. Gregory might be an okay coach... but nothing I've seen out of our ILBs over five years makes me thing he's pretty damn good.

Out of his three major responsibilities....

ILB coaching: okay, not bad but not great either.
    Special teams: below average.
    Recruiting: a fucking disaster.

My turn

Beer me while I WOOF!

I want to believe on Smalls, Hillsyboat... I just can't. Don't think it happens. Will be so fucking happy to be wrong though.

Last year's class had a bunch of dudes I'd consider true 'level-up' talents when they signed: Bandes, Tuitele, Fautanu, McDuffie, Latu, Nacau, Heimuli, and Turner.

IMO, the only ones that fall into that category in the above 2020 class (discounting smalls) would be: McMillan, Adams, and maybe Rosengarten or Hatchett.

This class, if it's what we end up signing, would be significant step back... and a really fucking disappointing effort on the defensive side.

guntlove said:

My turn

Beer me while I WOOF!

I want to believe on Smalls, Hillsyboat... I just can't. Don't think it happens. Will be so fucking happy to be wrong though.

Last year's class had a bunch of dudes I'd consider true 'level-up' talents when they signed: Bandes, Tuitele, Fautanu, McDuffie, Latu, Nacau, Heimuli, and Turner.

IMO, the only ones that fall into that category in the above 2020 class (discounting smalls) would be: McMillan, Adams, and maybe Rosengarten or Hatchett.

This class, if it's what we end up signing, would be significant step back... and a really fucking disappointing effort on the defensive side.
    I’d put Redman in the leveling up category for sure and probably Covington but I agree overall it’s not inspiring.

I’m pretty much in GSSNEM mode. Smalls saves the class, otherwise not exciting.
    *chinspiring.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Oh and Henderson would be leveling up. He’s the guy I’m least confident in on that list besides Smalls though.
    edited June 2019
    It won't be a super exciting class but it won't be a disappointment either. We need to load up on offense with better talent so that's what I think they're gonna do. We've had classes dominated by defense recently so it's time to really focus on this pussy ass offense. You look at the offensive class they're lining up and you are looking at a lot of big, physical, tough dudes at every position. Big receivers, big running backs, big TE's. All of them are just big. This class will make our offense bad ass and equal to the talent we already have on defense. It's a meat and potatoes class. Won't be flashy. But will easily be the best class in the Pac-12 in a down year for talent.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    We are still recruiting Johnny Wilson he’s gunna visit this summer hth. I think we get him.