Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2020 Class Prediction

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,916
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    guntlove said:

It won't be a super exciting class but it won't be a disappointment either. We need to load up on offense with better talent so that's what I think they're gonna do. We've had classes dominated by defense recently so it's time to really focus on this pussy ass offense. You look at the offensive class they're lining up and you are looking at a lot of big, physical, tough dudes at every position. Big receivers, big running backs, big TE's. All of them are just big. This class will make our offense bad ass and equal to the talent we already have on defense. It's a meat and potatoes class. Won't be flashy. But will easily be the best class in the Pac-12 in a down year for talent.

I hear what you're saying... and I agree (if we actually get Adams/McMillan/Rosengarden/Hatchet) that it would be a pretty solid offensive class. But there's no good reason why our defensive recruiting should have to fall off in order to sign a solid offensive class. It's not just low on numbers defensively (which would be okay), it's way low on fucking talent in a lot of areas. LIPO, I guess.

We are still recruiting Johnny Wilson he’s gunna visit this summer hth. I think we get him.

We are fucking Oregon's wife with the Roger Rosengarten thing. Getting Wilson would be like making them watch and jerk off
    Pretty sure her name is Jessica.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

One thing to remember. At this time last year, the following guys were in the "no chance" or "not on radar" zone:

Josh Calvert
    Troy Fautanu
    Tuitele (all Bama or SC)
    McDuffie (all Stanford)
    Liatu Latu (SC)
    Puka (this is around when he committed to SC)

Other guys we ended up getting were considered leans elsewhere

There will be plenty of guys on our final commit list that we figure are headed elsewhere or we haven't really considered yet.

Are you saying it's not over until they sign?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

One thing to remember. At this time last year, the following guys were in the "no chance" or "not on radar" zone:

Josh Calvert
    Troy Fautanu
    Tuitele (all Bama or SC)
    McDuffie (all Stanford)
    Liatu Latu (SC)

There will be plenty of guys on our final commit list that we figure are headed elsewhere or we haven't really considered yet.

This is a good point.

The problem isn't that the kids we are going to be adding to the list are underwhelming. The problem is that there are too many we have already taken who are underwhelming. It's a numbers game.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Josh Calvert
    Troy Fautanu
    Tuitele (all Bama or SC)
    McDuffie (all Stanford)
    Liatu Latu (SC)

This is a good point.

The problem isn't that the kids we are going to be adding to the list are underwhelming. The problem is that there are too many we have already taken who are underwhelming. It's a numbers game.
    And the overwhelming have already eliminated us.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Josh Calvert
    Troy Fautanu
    Tuitele (all Bama or SC)
    McDuffie (all Stanford)
    Liatu Latu (SC)

This is a good point.

Bananas point is that we can get back in on some of them, which is correct.

We just can't take enough of them.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Josh Calvert
    Troy Fautanu
    Tuitele (all Bama or SC)
    McDuffie (all Stanford)
    Liatu Latu (SC)

This is a good point.

Bananas point is that we can get back in on some of them, which is correct.

We just can't take enough of them.
    If that’s the case then the predictions everyone’s made aren’t doogin enough. At a min we need Smalls to be one. Who else? Bothello, Banks, Navarette, Ransom, Sellers? I just don’t see it; as the kids say it just feels “different” this year. Not in a good way.

RR, Adams, Hatchett, McMillan, Murano, are high level croots.

I guess it could be like petermans first class that turned out more than a few NFL players but wasn’t highly rated originally.

Doog trust the coaches comment of the night. I hate myself already for saying it.
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I’m buying pretty much everyone is saying, especially Ballz (!!!), but I think the improvement from an underwhelming 2020 recruiting performance thus far really lies in an 11-win season w/ a NY6 win, not just appearance.

Nothing original, I know, as I don’t see Ringo, Botelho, Ransom, Phillips, or Herbig changing their minds. But maybe Banks, Sellers, and, well fuck it, Savvy.

Just think: What if Pete and the Dawgs beat Ohio State or Georgia in a NY6 game? That would get the elite’s attention. Dreamy, I know.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Beno4Life said:

I’m buying pretty much everyone is saying, especially Ballz (!!!), but I think the improvement from an underwhelming 2020 recruiting performance thus far really lies in an 11-win season w/ a NY6 win, not just appearance.

Nothing original, I know, as I don’t see Ringo, Botelho, Ransom, Phillips, or Herbig changing their minds. But maybe Banks, Sellers, and, well fuck it, Savvy.

Just think: What if Pete and the Dawgs beat Ohio State or Georgia in a NY6 game? That would get the elite’s attention. Dreamy, I know.

Not happening.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

guntlove said:

It won't be a super exciting class but it won't be a disappointment either. We need to load up on offense with better talent so that's what I think they're gonna do. We've had classes dominated by defense recently so it's time to really focus on this pussy ass offense. You look at the offensive class they're lining up and you are looking at a lot of big, physical, tough dudes at every position. Big receivers, big running backs, big TE's. All of them are just big. This class will make our offense bad ass and equal to the talent we already have on defense. It's a meat and potatoes class. Won't be flashy. But will easily be the best class in the Pac-12 in a down year for talent.

I hear what you're saying... and I agree (if we actually get Adams/McMillan/Rosengarden/Hatchet) that it would be a pretty solid offensive class. But there's no good reason why our defensive recruiting should have to fall off in order to sign a solid offensive class. It's not just low on numbers defensively (which would be okay), it's way low on fucking talent in a lot of areas. LIPO, I guess.
    It is mostly because we are low on scholarships available for the defense. We have loaded up on defense the past two classes so now we don't have a lot of room on that side of the ball. You also have to recognize that the 2020 class sucks. There's just not a lot of elite talent to go around compared to previous classes.

This DB class will be elite as usual.

DL was always going to be just one guy because of the big haul they took last class. Shipley is an animal. When I watch a D-line recruit's high school highlights I want to see a guy who enjoys physically dominating other human beings, plays with relentless effort, and does it consistently. I see that from Shipley. His size and movement ability is similar to Drake Jackson at the same age. There are quite a few plays in Shipley's film in which he surprises you with how quick he is off the ball. The more I watch his film the more I like him. He could be a big steal for us.

ILB will be nonexistent. Just pretend Tuputala, Ah You, and Fowler are the 2021 ILB class because that's essentially what they are. They will redshirt and get bumped back a class while Calvert and Heimuli play right away.

The biggest disappointment right now is no doubt OLB. Smalls is now a long shot after whatever drama went on between him and UW behind the scenes that caused him to supposedly eliminate us in the Spring. Bama and Ohio State are not taking Jordan Banks, but Oklahoma will. He's not coming here. It also blows my mind that Damian Sellers isn't interested in UW at all. That's how bad Kwat sucks at recruiting. I think our best chance to get a legit level up talent at OLB in this class is to flip Jaden Navarrette from Oregon and I think that's a legit possibility with how good UW's defense is gonna be this season. I won't be surprised to hear he's taking an official visit to UW at some point.
    With fewer spots on defense to fill it should be easier to zero in on top talent and be selective.