Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some watch shots

Comments

• Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

I dont get watches. That is lots o money that can be spent on guns, hunting gear and truck upgrades. Not to mention booze drugs and ass.

I think every man needs to have a decent time piece. Doesn't have to cost and arm and a leg. Apple watches are lame.

But I hear you on the cost involved. I'd love to have one of @Swaye 's Submariners or GMT some day and its in the 5- 10 year life plan. But I've got stereo upgrades to make that are way higher on the list of priorities.

@swaye has both and we all suck- i.e., kick ass gun collection and all the watches. I've been sexted the pics.
    This. Get the guns and hunting gear first, then the Jeep upgrades. After that do enough drugs to kill half this bored, then screw enough hookers to give the other half AIDS. Then all that is left is baller ass watches and cigars. Die happy.
    My problem is it doesnt matter how many firearms, bows, hunting packs etc that I already have I want more. Looking at Skanda black Kryptec camo neoprene seat covers for my new truck right now. Only $325.00 for just the front seats. They are sic though.

This is how I picture @Ice_Holmvik

Height is about right.
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Today I’m wearing my Zelos Hammerhead, bronze with blue dial. Not in Swaye’s league but...

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2019
    Swaye said:

I'm pour and don't get paid Orkin wages. Had to settle for an Omega. Woe is me.

Thats a bitchin classic Omega. Love it! I wish Rolex would do a blue bezel black dial Sub!
    Isn't there a blueberry sub or am I making this up? Thought I saw one on talking watches with the Korean guy from Lost.

Edit: @5:04 they start talking about it. I guess it's a gmt not a sub.

https://youtu.be/S3ov84rggkY
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Thats a bitchin classic Omega. Love it! I wish Rolex would do a blue bezel black dial Sub!
    Isn't there a blueberry sub or am I making this up? Thought I saw one on talking watches with the Korean guy from Lost.

Yeah, the legend of the Blueberry. Nobody knows for sure if they are real or not to my knowledge. If they were ever produced, it was in such low numbers and so long ago nobody remembers. And I think they were mostly GMTs, not Subs. Almost urban legend at this point among collectors. Which is all the more reason to actually make a nice fresh modern normal release of it. Everyone would go nuts.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited September 2019
    @Doogles I did some hunting. Bob's watches is usually spot on with thsi type stuff so here you go:

Limited bezels for GMTs in the 1970 - not officially produced as a watch by Rolex, but rather some limited markets and as a "special" GMT. Incredibly rare. Probably more fakes than real ones. Awesome though. Rolex, please do a modern blueberry Sub Rolex. I couldn't give you my money fast enough - who am I kidding, the waiting list would be 8 years long.

https://www.bobswatches.com/rolex-blog/watch-review/rolex-gmt-blueberry.html
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Vintage Rolex I have really gotten into lately:

Kind of hard to find in good shape w/B&P. I might have to add this to my list. One of the best TT's Rolex ever made imo. And Clint Eastwoods preferred watch for 20+ years.

• Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Swaye said:

That was a great interview, thanks for posting.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

Nice Logitech Keyboard and Wigwam mouse pad. Also freckles on the arm. Quite honestly, it looks identical to my set up except I don't have an awesome watch and my arm isn't 5 feet long. Being super slow strategy like myself, you're basically the giant version of me.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Swaye said:

I dont get watches. That is lots o money that can be spent on guns, hunting gear and truck upgrades. Not to mention booze drugs and ass.

I think every man needs to have a decent time piece. Doesn't have to cost and arm and a leg. Apple watches are lame.

But I hear you on the cost involved. I'd love to have one of @Swaye 's Submariners or GMT some day and its in the 5- 10 year life plan. But I've got stereo upgrades to make that are way higher on the list of priorities.

@swaye has both and we all suck- i.e., kick ass gun collection and all the watches. I've been sexted the pics.
    This. Get the guns and hunting gear first, then the Jeep upgrades. After that do enough drugs to kill half this bored, then screw enough hookers to give the other half AIDS. Then all that is left is baller ass watches and cigars. Die happy.
    My problem is it doesnt matter how many firearms, bows, hunting packs etc that I already have I want more. Looking at Skanda black Kryptec camo neoprene seat covers for my new truck right now. Only $325.00 for just the front seats. They are sic though.

This is how I picture @Ice_Holmvik

Disagree.

• Options
    Founders Club
    spuden said:

FedEx delivery of above this morning. Been waiting a long time to find what I wanted. I like the 5 digit GMT better than the newer ones. Now I need a Pepsi insert to match my avatar.

Nice! I have been looking for the perfect 16710A myself! I even have an idea where you might have gotten that one because I was looking at it! Congrats bud! Great watch!

I pulled down a couple of GMTs myself last week!

• Options
    spudenspuden Member Posts: 353
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

spuden said:

FedEx delivery of above this morning. Been waiting a long time to find what I wanted. I like the 5 digit GMT better than the newer ones. Now I need a Pepsi insert to match my avatar.

Nice! I have been looking for the perfect 16710A myself! I even have an idea where you might have gotten that one because I was looking at it! Congrats bud! Great watch!

Lol. Nice oneupsmanship...Swaye raises by TWO GMTs! Very cool. I was stoked to finally pull the trigger. I’ve been watching for exactly what I wanted for over a year, and prices keep going up and up. Finally realized I just needed to buy it.

I got it from Takuya on TRF. Easy deal, but kind of scary to wire a significant amount of money on someone’s word.
  • Options
    This was my one and only watch for the last 8 years. It’s been great, but the GMT is on a whole different level.

• Options
    Founders Club
    spuden said:

Swaye said:

spuden said:

Lol. Nice oneupsmanship...Swaye raises by TWO GMTs! Very cool. I was stoked to finally pull the trigger. I’ve been watching for exactly what I wanted for over a year, and prices keep going up and up. Finally realized I just needed to buy it.

I got it from Takuya on TRF. Easy deal, but kind of scary to wire a significant amount of money on someone’s word.
    I’ve done business with Takuya for years. Good dude. And as we discussed in PMs that was the watch I was looking at. But the two I was getting was my limit! Super happy you got it. Killer watch
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Last image

Seriously nice watch, @spuden ... congrats!

While you fuckers flex with your GMT Masters (I'll get there some day), I want to share a couple of pictures of one of my Oris Divers that I sexted to Swaye yesterday. It didn't take long for the bronze to pitina on this thing and it's just fantastic.

I'm doing a Rolex flex of my own next month. Stay tuned. ;)

That bronze patina is fantastic! Really good looking watch
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,487
    Founders Club
    edited October 2019
    Thanks, Spuden!

And it seems I don't know how to spell patina. FML