Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chris Steele

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

@lawsandl He's on your team. You're going to defend him until he does something that makes Oregon look bad or transfers or turns out to suck. The hot girl is a diva bitch but at least she's hot right?

At some point you are just going to have to accept that Oregon is no longer recruiting "men of Oregon". Cristobal has sold your programs soul and there will be consequences down the line. Could be player arrests. Could be rape accusations. Could be NCAA violations. But you don't get away with recruiting like the $EC in the liberal West coast without some shit hitting the fan eventually.

Ahmed > Gaskin
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    lawsandl said:

@lawsandl He's on your team. You're going to defend him until he does something that makes Oregon look bad or transfers or turns out to suck. The hot girl is a diva bitch but at least she's hot right?

I want some extroverted and sanguine players that will jaw a bit. Especially ones that are good and stay out of trouble. Steele and Thibodeaux will be welcomed by me in that regard.
    Nothing wrong with that. The problems come when they turn on each other and point fingers after losses. Something Oregon has had a problem with since Helfrich.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

At some point you are just going to have to accept that Oregon is no longer recruiting "men of Oregon". Cristobal has sold your programs soul and there will be consequences down the line. Could be player arrests. Could be rape accusations. Could be NCAA violations. But you don't get away with recruiting like the $EC in the liberal West coast without some shit hitting the fan eventually.

Ahmed > Gaskin
    And your point is?...

That will be proven this season with Ahmed now the lead back and getting the bulk of the carries.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2019

lawsandl said:

I want some extroverted and sanguine players that will jaw a bit. Especially ones that are good and stay out of trouble. Steele and Thibodeaux will be welcomed by me in that regard.
    Nothing wrong with that. The problems come when they turn on each other and point fingers after losses. Something Oregon has had a problem with since Helfrich.
    No Oregon hasn’t. That happened under Helfrich. Do you make it up as you go along?
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

No Oregon hasn’t. That happened under Helfrich. Do you make it up as you go along?
    And continued after Helfrich.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

I think some of that happened after the Burmeister debacle with Taggart. There was no evidence last year.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2019
    Close your top targets and win football games IDGAF. JUST FUCKING WIN. FUCK OFF WITH THIS SHIT. DON’T LET STUPID UNTRUE PERCEPTIONS FUCK YOU OVER. PLEASE AND THANK YOU.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

I am sure of that happened after the Burmeister debacle with Taggart. There wasn’t anything like that last year. Nothing that I heard of and I catch wind of the internet rumor mill.
    Cool. Good luck with that. I'm sure it will all work out fine with a bunch of diva boys on the team who were promised national titles and end up 7-5 every year. That'll be fine. Team chemistry will be fine. No worries.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

I am sure of that happened after the Burmeister debacle with Taggart. There wasn’t anything like that last year. Nothing that I heard of and I catch wind of the internet rumor mill.
    Cool. Good luck with that. I'm sure it will all work out fine with a bunch of diva boys on the team who were promised national titles and end up 7-5 every year. That'll be fine. Team chemistry will be fine. No worries.
    What’s the alternative? Hey, let’s not recruit the best players because they might get disappointed if we lose.

That sounds like loser talk.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

What’s the alternative? Hey, let’s not recruit the best players because they mighty get disappointed if we lose.

Recruit OKGs. Elite players who will stick together through adversity and don't tank after tough losses. The kind of players who go on to win the conference title after a devastating overtime loss to their biggest and most hated rival. Those kinds of players.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

What’s the alternative? Hey, let’s not recruit the best players because they mighty get disappointed if we lose.

Recruit OKGs. Elite players who will stick together through adversity and don't tank after tough losses. The kind of players who go on to win the conference title after a devastating overtime loss to their biggest and most hated rival. Those kinds of players.
    It took until the third season for Chris to change the culture. Cristobal is on record saying he needs three classes.

I think Oregon can compete next year but that winning culture takes time. Cristobal needed to make them disciplined last year. This year they need to learn to be consistent. It took time for the culture to erode under Helfrich and there is still work to do.

Teams take on the character of their coaches. The OKG thing is Peterson’s blueprint. Cristobal is a tireless and relentless competitor that’s passionate. The OKG thing is not him.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

It took until the third season for Chris to change the culture. Cristobal is on record saying he needs three classes.

I think Oregon can compete next year but that winning culture takes time. Cristobal needed to make them disciplined last year. This year they need to learn to be consistent. It took time for the culture to erode under Helfrich and there is still work to do.

Teams take on the character of their coaches. The OKG thing is Peterson’s blueprint. Cristobal is a tireless and relentless competitor that’s passionate. The OKG thing is not him.
    Sure, give him three years. That's fair for all coaches. Petersen was in the playoffs in Year 3. This is Year 3 coming up for for Cristobal and staff. They have a 4-year starter and 1st round NFL talent at QB and veteran offensive line. Veteran defense as well. A couple of good running backs. No excuses now. Make it to the Playoffs like Petersen did.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Sure, give him three years. That's fair for all coaches. Petersen was in the playoffs in Year 3. This is Year 3 coming up for for Cristobal and staff. They have a 4-year starter and 1st round NFL talent at QB and veteran offensive line. Veteran defense as well. A couple of good running backs. No excuses now. Make it to the Playoffs like Petersen did.
    This is fair
  • Options
    Cristobal is in his second season. So, there’s that. I think the talent is there to compete. It’s not playoff or bust but the team needs to be consistent.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    lawsandl said:

Cristobal is in his second season. So, there’s that. I think the talent is there to compete. It’s not playoff or bust but the team needs to be consistent.

Nope third season. I don't care if he wasn't the head coach. He and most of his staff are from the Taggart era (one year lol). It's year 3. When you make an in-house hire and retain most of the staff, they don't get a clean slate.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

Nope third season. I don't care if he wasn't the head coach. He and most of his staff are from the Taggart era (one year lol). It's year 3.
    Part of his blueprint is the 4th quarter program. That was implemented when he became HC. There was a scheme change on offense.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Nope third season. I don't care if he wasn't the head coach. He and most of his staff are from the Taggart era (one year lol). It's year 3.
    Part of his blueprint is the 4th quarter program. That was implemented when he became HC. There was a scheme change on offense.
    No there wasn't. They were running the pistol under Taggart too. Two years with the same strength and conditioning coach is enough time to raise the the physical standard of your team. It's playoffs or bust. UW made it to the playoff with a true Sophomore Jake Browning. You have a Senior Justin Herbert and a veteran team. Go to the playoffs or shut up.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    lawsandl said:

You win

So, ran out of gas eh? No shame. It's ballz you're arguing with.