Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chris Steele

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    So he's gonna commit to his 4th school soon? I'm sure he's really mature and gonna be successful.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,572
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

So he's gonna commit to his 4th school soon? I'm sure he's really mature and gonna be successful.

Not an OKG?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Oregon is loading up on talented dbs that went to like 4 different high schools. They are very talented but Donte Williams does not scare me as a db coach.
  • Options
    jecornel said:

Not an OKG?
    Definitely not.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Oregon is loading up on talented dbs that went to like 4 different high schools. They are very talented but Donte Williams does not scare me as a db coach.

Wouldn't say they're loading up yet. Graham and Lenoir have both been disappointments so far and both were high 4-star recruits. Either they were overrated to begin with or they have shit coaching or both.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

Not an OKG?
    Definitely not.
    Have you read the story on Steel and why he left?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Not an OKG?
    Definitely not.
    Have you read the story on Steel and why he left?
    He wasn't an OKG before that. Super attention seeking and immature. Committed to UCLA. Flipped to USC. Flipped again to Florida. Now transferring to Oregon. Not our kinda guy.
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I heard he made his former roommate at UF do butt stuff and then ran a black flag operation to preemptively complain about his roommate so it would look like his roommate was out to get him when he told the coaches about what Steele made him do. Just what I'm hearing, don't twist.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RealRhino said:

I heard he made his former roommate at UF do butt stuff and then ran a black flag operation to preemptively complain about his roommate so it would look like his roommate was out to get him when he told the coaches about what Steele made him do. Just what I'm hearing, don't twist.

Pretty sure butt stuff is OKG.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    If ain't an OKG you ain't getting an offer.
  • Options
    jecornel said:

If ain't an OKG you ain't getting an offer.

They've offered a lot of non-OKG's. Some kids have good enough film and transcripts to get offers and then are cooled on as the coaches get to know them as people and learn more about them from people around them.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Wouldn't say they're loading up yet. Graham and Lenoir have both been disappointments so far and both were high 4-star recruits. Either they were overrated to begin with or they have shit coaching or both.
    Graham and Lenoir are not disappointments. Overlooked by most people is Michael Wright of the 2019 class. Wright has been killing it in spring ball AND HE WAS RATED SLIGHTLY ABOVE STEELE IN THE 2019 class.

Sophomore Jevon Holland is one of the best safeties in the PAC-12

This years class has 2 4 star safeties Myles Susher and Avantae Willliams
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    DJDuck said:

Graham and Lenoir are not disappointments. Overlooked by most people is Michael Wright of the 2019 class. Wright has been killing it in spring ball AND HE WAS RATED SLIGHTLY ABOVE STEELE IN THE 2019 class.

They have not performed up to their ranking out of high school. How have they not been disappointments? They got torched against Arizona and WSU last season which was a key factor in those losses for Oregon. Neither has made an All-Conference team as two year starters. That's a disappointment by my standards for such highly rated recruits. They were overrated.

You can't really count any Oregon commit as an in the bag commit. More like a placeholder until something better comes along. Especially those two cross country safety commits.

Graham was the next big thing as a true Freshman Spring ball MVP as well and then he started getting torched in actual games. I'll believe Wright is good when I see it. I don't think Oregon's receivers are all that difficult to defend. Can Oregon coach and develop any of these guys or are they going to be the USC of the North with a bunch of overrated and under-performing 4-star guys?
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

DJDuck said:

They have not performed up to their ranking out of high school. How have they not been disappointments? They got torched against Arizona and WSU last season which was a key factor in those losses for Oregon. Neither has made an All-Conference team as two year starters. That's a disappointment by my standards for such highly rated recruits. They were overrated.

You can't really count any Oregon commit as an in the bag commit. More like a placeholder until something better comes along. Especially those two cross country safety commits.

Graham was the next big thing as a true Freshman Spring ball MVP as well and then he started getting torched in actual games. I'll believe Wright is good when I see it. I don't think Oregon's receivers are all that difficult to defend. Can Oregon coach and develop any of these guys or are they going to be the USC of the North with a bunch of overrated and under-performing 4-star guys?
    Lord have mercy, you are committed and undeterred. Graham and Lenior would be reshirt sophomores had the previous staff not botched the roster. So, they played before they were ready. The lumps will pay dividends.
  • Options

DJDuck said:

Well they play

DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

Graham and Lenoir were good enough to help dump the Huskies in Eugene.

Steele and Michael Wright who was rated just ahead of him will be in Oregon’s defensive backfield.

It might behoove you to worry about your own defensive backfield rather than regurgitating your inaccurate and ignorant opinions about Oregon.

• Options
    As to your poor analysis of our safeties Jevon Holland is a Star. He made the all freshman team last year.

“JEVON HOLLAND, Oregon: The true freshman safety sits atop the Pac-12 with four interceptions this season. He's tied for fourth in the nation and tied for first among freshman. He had two interceptions against Cal. Holland also had an interception in the end zone last weekend against UCLA.

Following the victory over the Bruins, teammate Thomas Graham Jr. crashed the postgame news conference to ask Holland how it felt to lead the team in interceptions. "It feels good. I've got some bragging rights," Holland replied before adding with a laugh: "I may need a ride home; don't leave."-AP