Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So Greg Gaines

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Meek said:

I'll speak for the oppressed minority. I absolutely love my kids. Might have another couple more.

Anytime you have a chance to pass on your toxic masculinity you have to do it.

in THIS economy??????

You must be rich.
    Far from it, I'm sure I'm safely in the bottom half of HH incomes. Maybe I'll see things different later on but at this point my kids haven't been particularly expensive.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,935
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Meek said:

I'll speak for the oppressed minority. I absolutely love my kids. Might have another couple more.

in THIS economy??????

You must be rich.
    Far from it, I'm sure I'm safely in the bottom half of HH incomes. Maybe I'll see things different later on but at this point my kids haven't been particularly expensive.
    What?

Keeping kids locked in the basement is the only way I’d ever see “haven’t been particularly expensive”.

How many kids do you have locked in your basement?
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dflea said:

Meek said:

in THIS economy??????

You must be rich.
    You haven't added it up, aren't counting opportunity costs, or they aren't very old. Kids cost you a fortune.

I agree that having kids is great and it's really the only thing of significance I've ever done in my life. It's also the most basic human task. Reproduce - or some retarded fucker will and the gene pool will get shallower. We don't have a shortage of people but we do have a shortage of good people.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. One kid is out the door already and the other isn't far behind. Then I'm going to come over to their place and eat all their fucking food and drink their liquor.

Definite plenty of opportunity costs but those are very worthwhile to me.

Like I said, they're young, I'm sure it will get more expensive as they grow up. But also, we plan on not spoiling the hell out of them. Thankfully I have a wife whose a bit of a minimalist so she's on bored with not giving them everything they want.

I think a big part of the "kids are so expensive" thing is plenty of moms like to spend a shitload of money on them. Well that and child support is a bitch. Thankfully I am in neither of those situations.
    True.

It sounds like your kids have good dads and will be the kind of people the world can use more of.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    dflea said:

dflea said:

Meek said:

in THIS economy??????

You must be rich.
    You haven't added it up, aren't counting opportunity costs, or they aren't very old. Kids cost you a fortune.

I agree that having kids is great and it's really the only thing of significance I've ever done in my life. It's also the most basic human task. Reproduce - or some retarded fucker will and the gene pool will get shallower. We don't have a shortage of people but we do have a shortage of good people.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. One kid is out the door already and the other isn't far behind. Then I'm going to come over to their place and eat all their fucking food and drink their liquor.

Like I said, they're young, I'm sure it will get more expensive as they grow up. But also, we plan on not spoiling the hell out of them. Thankfully I have a wife whose a bit of a minimalist so she's on bored with not giving them everything they want.

I think a big part of the "kids are so expensive" thing is plenty of moms like to spend a shitload of money on them. Well that and child support is a bitch. Thankfully I am in neither of those situations.
    True.

It sounds like your kids have good dads and will be the kind of people the world can use more of.
    I hope so man. Raising these mini people is a huge responsibility, no question about that. We try not to take it lightly.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Thank God it's a boy. Can't imagine Gaines in female form.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dflea said:

dflea said:

Meek said:

in THIS economy??????

You must be rich.

True.

I hope so man. Raising these mini people is a huge responsibility, no question about that. We try not to take it lightly.
    This has turned into the most touching thread I’ve ever seen on HH.

Time for someone to come and blow this up with inappropriateness.

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yeah, I'm probably as happy as I've ever been being a dad. It's made considerably easier by having a wife whose career is childcare and isn't the typical first time parent. We go to concerts, camping, vacations, etc. that I see my friends are too afraid to do with their new kids. A strong support network of family living close by doesn't hurt either.

They still cost a fortune. I can't imagine the extra disposable income I'll have after I no longer have to pay for infant childcare.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,935
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Your wife or husband has to make enough to justify child care costs otherwise one should stay home and raise the little rug rats. Staying home can be a considerable sacrifice in today's world where our value is in our work in a lot of cases

Like I said mine were pre grown so they were 10 and 12. I was self employed at the time and remained so for the duration. I'd be in the field when they were in school and at the home office when they got home from school. My wife worked

My wife is thanking allah that our youngest (twins) will be going from 1/2 day pre-k to all day kindergarten next year. After 10 yrs she’s going back to work. She probably won’t make shit but it’s better than zero. She’s stayed home with all 4 and is done, like bullet to the side of the head done. Daycare was never an option because she would never have cleared enough to cover the ridiculous costs. Even the cost of 2 for day care was stupid expensive.

First world problems indeed.