Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Roger Rosengarten, 2020 4* OL, Littleton (Valor Christian), CO (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2019

lawsandl said:

Rosengarten is 100% going to UW. Blue-collar, hard working, physical kid from Colorado. Not a flashy guy. UW aligns with his identity and he also want to major in Business. Give him and his parents the Built for Life presentation as well as information about the Foster school of Business and it'll be a wrap. There's a reason UW got the last visit and we've never lost a recruiting battle to Oregon when we get the last visit. Don't know or care what the crystal ballers have heard. He's obviously going to UW. Will be a huge commitment that could motivate Hatchett to join him soon after and that would easily be the best OT class out West.

You put the fan in fanatical. I will give you that. He definitely won’t fit in with Oregon’s flashy OL.
    UW's O-line has more All-Conference achievements than Oregon's does and the reigning Morris trophy award winner. Rosengarten will be our next McGary.
    You sound like someone trying to convince himself.

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Oregon-Ducks-offensive-line-ranks-among-nations-best-in-2019-132341418/
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited May 2019
    DJDuck said:

lawsandl said:

Rosengarten is 100% going to UW. Blue-collar, hard working, physical kid from Colorado. Not a flashy guy. UW aligns with his identity and he also want to major in Business. Give him and his parents the Built for Life presentation as well as information about the Foster school of Business and it'll be a wrap. There's a reason UW got the last visit and we've never lost a recruiting battle to Oregon when we get the last visit. Don't know or care what the crystal ballers have heard. He's obviously going to UW. Will be a huge commitment that could motivate Hatchett to join him soon after and that would easily be the best OT class out West.

You put the fan in fanatical. I will give you that. He definitely won’t fit in with Oregon’s flashy OL.
    UW's O-line has more All-Conference achievements than Oregon's does and the reigning Morris trophy award winner. Rosengarten will be our next McGary.

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Oregon-Ducks-offensive-line-ranks-among-nations-best-in-2019-132341418/
    Lol not really. The facts are kinda on my side. UW has owned Oregon in head to head recruiting battles and that will continue with this kid.

This is what Quooks do. Ignore the facts and cherry pick meaningless opinion articles that are favorable to Oregon. Your IQ must be so low.

Fact: Since Cristobal arrived at Oregon, UW has had more All-Conference offensive lineman. Those honors are voted for by the Pac-12 coaches. I think they are little more knowledgeable than media members don't you think?

Fact: Kaleb McGary was voted the Morris trophy winner by his peers as the best Pac-12 offensive lineman. Not an Oregon lineman. He then was drafted in the 1st round.

Fact: UW's business school blows Oregon's out of the water. If he cares about education at all which it appears he does, you know where he's going.

Remind me, how'd Oregon's fat ass O-line do against WSU and Arizona?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,892
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

dhdawg said:

I kind of agree with you. I'm not sold we're gonna push super hard for him which is why he may go to Oregon but if we want him I think we can win this one.
    No hedging needed. We want him bad. He's one of the top-3 OT prospects out West. They'll push hard for him, therefore there's 0% chance he's going to Oregon.
    Are you being serious?? He has a 5% to end up in Seattle. You define "homerness"
    A. I don't think homerness is a word. And you put it in quotes too.

B. UW gets the last official visit. Never lost to Oregon for a recruit when that happens. Ducks put up a good fight but this one's in the bag for UW.
    C. Who the fuck are you?

D. We already have btPAC. We’re at our maximum capacity for pac titled posters.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,892
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DJDuck said:

lawsandl said:

Knew here?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    DJDuck said:

lawsandl said:

linking stupid opinion pieces based on BS recruiting rankings doesn't change on field performance.

The Oregon hype is honestly a joke and I have no clue where it's coming from. I'm biased but anyone who compares Oregon and Washington's schedule, and then looks at the home and road records of both teams over the last 3 years and thinks Oregon is the favorite is just not paying attention.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

DJDuck said:

lawsandl said:

Lol not really. The facts are kinda on my side. UW has owned Oregon in head to head recruiting battles and that will continue with this kid.

This is what Quooks do. Ignore the facts and cherry pick meaningless opinion articles that are favorable to Oregon. Your IQ must be so low.

Fact: Since Cristobal arrived at Oregon, UW has had more All-Conference offensive lineman. Those honors are voted for by the Pac-12 coaches. I think they are little more knowledgeable than media members don't you think?

Fact: Kaleb McGary was voted the Morris trophy winner by his peers as the best Pac-12 offensive lineman. Not an Oregon lineman. He then was drafted in the 1st round.

Fact: UW's business school blows Oregon's out of the water. If he cares about education at all which it appears he does, you know where he's going.

Whether those facts having any bearing on Rosengarten's recruitment is unknown. Fact is Cristobal was an OL that one a championship, he devotes 3 coaches to the unit and he's had a lot of success at OL. It seems blue chip recruits like that.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Beat Oregon nothing else matters
  • Options
    edited May 2019

lawsandl said:

DJDuck said:

lawsandl said:

Whether those facts having any bearing on Rosengarten's recruitment is unknown. Fact is Cristobal was an OL that one a championship, he devotes 3 coaches to the unit and he's had a lot of success at OL. It seems blue chip recruits like that.

Cristobal didn't win no fucking championship. He was just on the team. He won a championship like the fucking janitor who cleans Saban's office won a championship. "It's a team effort" and "couldn't have been done without all of you", janitors and cafeteria cooks and Mario Cristobal alike. He got demoted from O-line coach to Offesnive Tackles and TE's coach. Why does every Oregon fan choose to ignore that fact? Steve Greatwood is a better O-line coach than Cristobal. As soon as Greatwood's recruits graduate after this season, your O-line will automatically get fatter and less athletic.
    Lol...all of the recruits on the OL have lost substantial weight. They have another year to lose more. Randazzo and Aumavae-Laulu are both down into the 330’s and look great. Sewell is a truck at 340. The only two that need more weight off are Johnson and Jones and their S&C took a stall with injury. Jones is an absolute stud.

Also, there is a lot of resources given to the OL. Like a full time coach and GA.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

DJDuck said:

lawsandl said:

Cristobal didn't win no fucking championship. He was just on the team. He won a championship like the fucking janitor who cleans Saban's office won a championship. "It's a team effort" and "couldn't have been done without all of you", janitors and cafeteria cooks and Mario Cristobal alike. He got demoted from O-line coach to Offesnive Tackles and TE's coach. Why does every Oregon fan choose to ignore that fact? Steve Greatwood is a better O-line coach than Cristobal. As soon as Greatwood's recruits graduate after this season, your O-line will automatically get fatter and less athletic.
    Lol...all of the recruits on the OL have lost substantial weight. They have another year to lose more. Randazzo and Aumavae-Laulu are both down into the 330’s and look great. Sewell is a truck at 340. The only two that need more weight off are Johnson and Jones and their S&C took a stall with injury. Jones is an absolute stud.

Also, there is a lot of resources given to the OL. Like a full time coach and GA.
    You're so fucking boring. Oregon’s OL is mediocre until it isn't. They haven't been notable since Carson York was on the team.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

DJDuck said:

lawsandl said:

Yeah uh huh sure buddy. Sewell is the only O-line recruit Cristobal has signed that UW would take. None of the rest were athletic enough even before they blew up and got extra fat. Good luck protecting the QB with a bunch of slow-footed lineman. You already saw the struggle they had versus the lighter, faster Pac-12 D-lines at WSU and Arizona. What will happen when the more athletic Greatwood recruits are gone? It's gonna get worse. Your O-line depth is trash. There's no need to lie. This is straight from Oregon's roster:

Chris Randazzo: 342
    Steven Jones: 354
    Justin Johnson: 341
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

DJDuck said:

lawsandl said:

Yeah uh huh sure buddy. Sewell is the only O-line recruit Cristobal has signed that UW would take. None of the rest were athletic enough even before they blew up and got extra fat. Good luck protecting the QB with a bunch of slow-footed lineman. You already saw the struggle they had versus the lighter, faster Pac-12 D-lines at WSU and Arizona. What will happen when the more athletic Greatwood recruits are gone? It's gonna get worse. Your O-line depth is trash. There's no need to lie. This is straight from Oregon's roster:

Btw, I have it on really good authority that Jones was an absolute take by UW.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

DJDuck said:

lawsandl said:

I have it on good authority Jones wanted to take a secret official visit to UW late in the cycle and UW said no thanks. Also have it on good authority that Jonah Tuanaunaunau'u wanted to flip to USC but his cock thirsty mother wouldn't sign his NLI to SC so he was forced to sign with Oregon.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

DJDuck said:

lawsandl said:

I have it on good authority Jones wanted to take a secret official visit to UW late in the cycle and UW said no thanks. Also have it on good authority that Jonah Tuanaunaunau'u wanted to flip to USC but his cock thirsty mother wouldn't sign his NLI to SC so he was forced to sign with Oregon.
    USC was using a scare tactic. Also, that was out in the open.

Jones absolutely was a take and you’re foolish not to think so. If he wasn’t, it was a missed evaluation. Kid scored the highest grade by PFF against UCLA of any player on field. The talent is obvious.

• Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

DJDuck said:

lawsandl said:

USC was using a scare tactic. Also, that was out in the open.

Jones absolutely was a take and you’re foolish not to think so. If he wasn’t, it was a missed evaluation. Kid scored the highest grade by PFF against UCLA of any player on field. The talent is obvious.

Had a good game against UCLA. Must be great.

It was his first meaningful snaps as a true frosh and he grades out an 82. He has full year to go until he’s consistently relied upon.
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 773
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Another CB from some Oregon douche.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dhdawg said:

DJDuck said:

lawsandl said:

linking stupid opinion pieces based on BS recruiting rankings doesn't change on field performance.

The Oregon hype is honestly a joke and I have no clue where it's coming from. I'm biased but anyone who compares Oregon and Washington's schedule, and then looks at the home and road records of both teams over the last 3 years and thinks Oregon is the favorite is just not paying attention.
    Agree on the schedules. The hype is because the main formula “gurus” like Steele (who is a good informative but poor predictive read) look for is number of cohesive OL starts and seniors qbs. Oregon has all 5 OL back (with the most starts in the nation) and a senior qb.

I don’t agree with that methodology at all, just explaining why the pre season mag guys are so high on Oregon.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Could Oregon make a jump? Sure.

The schedule is brutal and that sets them up for 2-3 losses IMO.

The QB is nice but the WRs are massively untested or underperformers so far. Someone needs to step up for the QB to matter.

The OL is fine I guess but a lot of their good run days came against largely bad defenses. The number of mediocre run games they had last year against good teams was stunning.