Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Roger Rosengarten, 2020 4* OL, Littleton (Valor Christian), CO (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

I doubt we are taking 5 OL

Most likely not, but they might want to lock in their 4 and then take the 5% chance on Murao coming here.
    Our odds are much better than that with Murao.

And what makes you think we're even taking four? That would be a large OL class for Pete.

Hope it happens.
    We just took 4 last year mind you, and we also are losing 4 (Adams, Hilbers, Harris, Roberts).
    Yes but we haven't taken four high schoolers since Pete's first year.
    We also never took as many DL as we took last year. Petersen definitely has put a higher priority on the lines. Also Huff is recruiting better than Strausser ever did, so I'm sure they're more confident in taking that 4th guy then they would have previously.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The key to me is on the total numbers ... I’d like the OL to sit between 15-18 OL on the roster
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Tequilla said:

I doubt we are taking 5 OL

Most likely not, but they might want to lock in their 4 and then take the 5% chance on Murao coming here.
    Our odds are much better than that with Murao.

And what makes you think we're even taking four? That would be a large OL class for Pete.

Hope it happens.
    We just took 4 last year mind you, and we also are losing 4 (Adams, Hilbers, Harris, Roberts).
    Yes but we haven't taken four high schoolers since Pete's first year.
    We also never took as many DL as we took last year. Petersen definitely has put a higher priority on the lines. Also Huff is recruiting better than Strausser ever did, so I'm sure they're more confident in taking that 4th guy then they would have previously.
    I mean we took 0 DL two years ago and that's never happened on OL either so I'm not sure how relevant that example is, but I definitely hope you're right. I'd NTDBB all over a 5 OL class.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    Tequilla said:

The key to me is on the total numbers ... I’d like the OL to sit between 15-18 OL on the roster

Not sure we will ever be at 18, but 15-16 is realistic
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Rosengarten is 100% going to UW. Blue-collar, hard working, physical kid from Colorado. Not a flashy guy. UW aligns with his identity and he also want to major in Business. Give him and his parents the Built for Life presentation as well as information about the Foster school of Business and it'll be a wrap. There's a reason UW got the last visit and we've never lost a recruiting battle to Oregon when we get the last visit. Don't know or care what the crystal ballers have heard. He's obviously going to UW. Will be a huge commitment that could motivate Hatchett to join him soon after and that would easily be the best OT class out West.

I kind of agree with you. I'm not sold we're gonna push super hard for him which is why he may go to Oregon but if we want him I think we can win this one.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    dhdawg said:

Rosengarten is 100% going to UW. Blue-collar, hard working, physical kid from Colorado. Not a flashy guy. UW aligns with his identity and he also want to major in Business. Give him and his parents the Built for Life presentation as well as information about the Foster school of Business and it'll be a wrap. There's a reason UW got the last visit and we've never lost a recruiting battle to Oregon when we get the last visit. Don't know or care what the crystal ballers have heard. He's obviously going to UW. Will be a huge commitment that could motivate Hatchett to join him soon after and that would easily be the best OT class out West.

I kind of agree with you. I'm not sold we're gonna push super hard for him which is why he may go to Oregon but if we want him I think we can win this one.
    No hedging needed. We want him bad. He's one of the top-3 OT prospects out West. They'll push hard for him, therefore there's 0% chance he's going to Oregon.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,091
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

dhdawg said:

No hedging needed. We want him bad. He's one of the top-3 OT prospects out West. They'll push hard for him, therefore there's 0% chance he's going to Oregon.
    0% eh?

• Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Kid will want to commit on his Oregon visit. Hopefully parents convince him to hear UW out. Pete recruits the parents on his UW visit. UW has a chance if the kid is a parent pleaser.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

dhdawg said:

0% eh?

As I stated earlier, he's a better "fit" at UW culturally because UW is more of an old-school, blue-collar program (and he's a white kid from Colarado), he wants to major in Business and will be comparing Business schools between UW and Oregon, UW just put a RT in the first round, and UW has the last official visit and has never lost to Oregon for a recruit when they have the last visit. That's all anybody needs to know to know he's all Dawg.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,091
    Founders Club

dhdawg said:

0% eh?

As I stated earlier, he's a better "fit" at UW culturally because UW is more of an old-school, blue-collar program (and he's a white kid from Colarado), he wants to major in Business and will be comparing Business schools between UW and Oregon, UW just put a RT in the first round, and UW has the last official visit and has never lost to Oregon for a recruit when they have the last visit. That's all anybody needs to know to know he's all Dawg.
    I like your thinking, but you can't rationally look at all the crystal dongs to O and say that O has a 0% chance. Nike is a pretty enticing business in its own right for athletes. But I do agree that I think we have the edge with the last visit if his parents are coming.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

dhdawg said:

0% eh?

I like your thinking, but you can't rationally look at all the crystal dongs to O and say that O has a 0% chance. Nike is a pretty enticing business in its own right for athletes. But I do agree that I think we have the edge with the last visit if his parents are coming.
    Yes I can because that's the new norm. UW does not get crystal balls anymore unless it's completely obvious or leaks out that a kid is about commit here. There's no UW expert making crystal balls to lead the way like there was when Roof was on 247. Also, crystal ball predictions have gone from "this is where I think a kid will sign" to "this is where I think this kid would commit if he were to commit TODAY". Things change quickly after UW official visits and so will the crystal balls. Oregon's only chance is to get him to commit and cancel his UW official. Otherwise, he's all Dawg.
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    I just wanna know if his dad is open to fighting Husky Twitter before I get too wrapped up in his Oregon interest.

Someone answer me this question.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

You put the fan in fanatical. I will give you that. He definitely won’t fit in with Oregon’s flashy OL.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    lawsandl said:

You put the fan in fanatical. I will give you that. He definitely won’t fit in with Oregon’s flashy OL.
    UW's O-line has more All-Conference achievements than Oregon's does and the reigning Morris trophy award winner. Rosengarten will be our next McGary.
  • Options
    KevinPAC12KevinPAC12 Member Posts: 62
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

dhdawg said:

Are you being serious?? He has a 5% to end up in Seattle. You define "homerness"
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Rosengarten is also below 400 pounds, he's not qualified to be an Oregon tackle

Yea, neither is Penei.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8iRc3vyAvGE
  • Options
    edited May 2019

dhdawg said:

Are you being serious?? He has a 5% to end up in Seattle. You define "homerness"
    A. I don't think homerness is a word. And you put it in quotes too.

B. UW gets the last official visit. Never lost to Oregon for a recruit when that happens. Ducks put up a good fight but this one's in the bag for UW.