Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Covington student sues Washington Post for $250 million

Comments

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,224
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

HHusky said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

For frivolous reporting. WaPo fucked up.
    Sure. But damages are going to be difficult to document in a case like this.
    He ain't getting a quarter billion but I bet he gets a nice seven figure settlement.
    Maybe. I just read the complaint though. You would think the Post would be extensively quoted in a case of defamation seeking $200 million in punitive damages. But the Post isn’t quoted very much or at much length. Instead, the theory seems to be what the Post knew or should have known. The word “malice” is thrown around, but it seems closer to a negligent reporting claim.
    Perhaps his attorneys will fuck it up. He clearly has a case if they don't fuck it up.
    He's one of the best around for this exact type of case. He represented the dude who was wrongfully accused by the media for the Olympics bombing in Atlanta.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    HHusky said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

He ain't getting a quarter billion but I bet he gets a nice seven figure settlement.
    This.

The 250 mil figure was derived because that was what Bezos purchased the Post for. This has settlement written all over it. I would be surprised if it's less than $4-5 million. Drop in the bucket for Bezos, but the kid will be living large.
    At this point I’m less than convinced that it would survive a summary judgment motion and/or a motion to dismiss for failure to state a claim. But if it does, discovery would be an enormous undertaking. (The complaint contains more speculation about facts than concrete assertions.). Bezos can afford it; can the other side?
    Just because you're a shitty trip and fall ambulance chaser doesn't mean there aren't professionals who actually know what they're doing; but we understand your need to project.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

This.

The 250 mil figure was derived because that was what Bezos purchased the Post for. This has settlement written all over it. I would be surprised if it's less than $4-5 million. Drop in the bucket for Bezos, but the kid will be living large.
    At this point I’m less than convinced that it would survive a summary judgment motion and/or a motion to dismiss for failure to state a claim. But if it does, discovery would be an enormous undertaking. (The complaint contains more speculation about facts than concrete assertions.). Bezos can afford it; can the other side?
    Just because you're a shitty trip and fall ambulance chaser doesn't mean there aren't professionals who actually know what they're doing; but we understand your need to project.
    I’m not a personal injury lawyer. Sorry you were misled. I suspect it happens to you a lot.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

HHusky said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

This.

That clinches it. The case we definitely be dismissed. Cook it.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

This.

I’m not a personal injury lawyer. Sorry you were misled. I suspect it happens to you a lot.
    I know exactly what kind of lawyer you are Aurelius.
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

This.

Are you still in prison?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

This.

Are you still in prison?
    Are you saying you won't visit?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

This.

It would be chinteresting for a client to get a copy of HHusky’s time spent on HCH vs billable hours.
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

This.

Are you still in prison?
    Are you saying you won't visit?
    I’ll try to get to your parole hearing. But go ahead and start without me.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    I’ll take the over on a $5 million settlement for the Sandmann. The case will be heard in Kentucky where Trump got 63% of the vote in 2016. The Sandmann will be a sympathetic figure and the Washington Post will be seen as a malicious belligerent bully. He isn’t a public figure. Discovery will be a hoot for the Sandmann legal team. Fact after fact will come out about to support malice and gross negligence surrounding the Posts defamation of Sandmann. Tweets and social media posts will be a gold mine.

Anyone figuring out that Sandmann has suffered no damages from the defamation are ignoring the physical threats, the attempts to deny him college attendance and the fact that crazy leftards will never forget Sandmann and will blame him personally for the phu*cked up narrative that the left. This will follow him for the rest of his life. Imagine how a leftard college professor and the howling mad snowflakes in a college course will treat him. No one likes to bully like a leftard. Then toss in the clear case for punitive damages following the discovery of the abominable behavior of the Post as a supposed newspaper seeking truth because democracy dies in darkness.

Notice, not one leftard has indicated that the Post has the ultimate defense of a defamation allegation – The Truth.
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

This.

It would be chinteresting for a client to get a copy of HHusky’s time spent on HCH vs billable hours.
    Who do you charge for your time here?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2019
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

This.

No one. But I doubt an attorney could be here as much as you are and not have a lot of “overlap”. Lol. Good for you though.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

This.

Zero
    Who = zero. Chinteresting.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    WAPO will settle and so will others. Kid is set for life due to Trump Derangement Syndrome hysteria
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

This.

No one. But I doubt an attorney could be here as much as you are and not have a lot of “overlap”. Lol. Good for you though.
    So you don't really work.
  • Options

I’ll take the over on a $5 million settlement for the Sandmann. The case will be heard in Kentucky where Trump got 63% of the vote in 2016. The Sandmann will be a sympathetic figure and the Washington Post will be seen as a malicious belligerent bully. He isn’t a public figure. Discovery will be a hoot for the Sandmann legal team. Fact after fact will come out about to support malice and gross negligence surrounding the Posts defamation of Sandmann. Tweets and social media posts will be a gold mine.

Anyone figuring out that Sandmann has suffered no damages from the defamation are ignoring the physical threats, the attempts to deny him college attendance and the fact that crazy leftards will never forget Sandmann and will blame him personally for the phu*cked up narrative that the left. This will follow him for the rest of his life. Imagine how a leftard college professor and the howling mad snowflakes in a college course will treat him. No one likes to bully like a leftard. Then toss in the clear case for punitive damages following the discovery of the abominable behavior of the Post as a supposed newspaper seeking truth because democracy dies in darkness.

Notice, not one leftard has indicated that the Post has the ultimate defense of a defamation allegation – The Truth.

Read the Complaint?

What is the defamation allegation?

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

This.

Very little.
    Does your employer know?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

Read the Complaint?

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

This.

Very little.
    Does your employer know?
    Yes, since my employer is me. I know that’s a hard concept for you to grasp.
  • Options

HHusky said:

Read the Complaint?

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

This.

Very little.
    Does your employer know?
    Same in my case. Grasped!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Read the Complaint?

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

This.

Very little.
    Does your employer know?
    Same in my case. Grasped!
    My point stands re: your billable hours. You know I’m right.