Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Covington student sues Washington Post for $250 million

Comments

• Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

For frivolous reporting. WaPo fucked up.
    Sure. But damages are going to be difficult to document in a case like this.
    He ain't getting a quarter billion but I bet he gets a nice seven figure settlement.
    Disagree. This “lawsuit” will eventually get dismissed.
    No clue if he will win, but he's a minor and not a public figure so he's got a better chance than most anybody else would in this type of case. Doubt it will get dismissed.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    SFGbob said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

He ain't getting a quarter billion but I bet he gets a nice seven figure settlement.
    I'll take that bet. WaPo will settle. Stick to blowing Hondo, you're out of your league when you venture away from your core area of knowledge.
    The KY white trash were shamed and humiliated by their own actions. That’s not libel GayBob, no matter how much you wish it were true.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,550
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    That kid is a joke.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

Let's try this again. Post the article where the WaPo lied on their reporting.
    This is where Hondo repeatedly asks the question that's already been answered where he ignored the answers so he could continue to claim that nobody answered his question.

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    jecornel said:

That kid is a joke.

But still...
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

Let's try this again. Post the article where the WaPo lied on their reporting.
    You literally have to be one of the dumbest people in America. It is amazing at times.
    Ok.. So you won't post that article. Cool. Do you expect him to be successful in this lawsuit?
    Sorry...should have realized you have no clue as to why you really are that stupid.

Its pointless to repost anything from the WP...there is a written complaint that details each and every claim against the WP that is already out there:
    http://www.hemmerlaw.com/blog/for-truth-for-justice-for-nicholas/

If you want to argue with that have at it, but asking someone to post the articles to argue over what should or should not be included in a lawsuit is just FS.

God you are a fucking moron...

• Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

I'll take that bet. WaPo will settle. Stick to blowing Hondo, you're out of your league when you venture away from your core area of knowledge.
    The KY white trash were shamed and humiliated by their own actions. That’s not libel GayBob, no matter how much you wish it were true.
    Willful ignorance or stupidity, you make the call.

I rest my case. Seek out Hondo's dick. Because you absolutely suck at pretty much everything else.
    You’re angry GayBob. Petty insults on an anonymous board are not the best look for “a man of integrity” that you profess to be. Be best GayBob!
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

Maybe. I just read the complaint though. You would think the Post would be extensively quoted in a case of defamation seeking $200 million in punitive damages. But the Post isn’t quoted very much or at much length. Instead, the theory seems to be what the Post knew or should have known. The word “malice” is thrown around, but it seems closer to a negligent reporting claim.
    On January 19, 20 and 21, the Post ignored the truth and falsely accused Nicholas of, among other things, “accost[ing]” Phillips by “suddenly swarm[ing]” him in a “threaten[ing]” and “physically intimidat[ing]” manner as Phillips “and other activists were wrapping up the march and preparing to leave,” “block[ing]” Phillips path, refusing to allow Phillips “to retreat,” “taunting the dispersing indigenous crowd,” chanting “build that wall,” “Trump2020,” or “go back to Africa,” and otherwise engaging in racist and improper conduct which ended only “when Phillips and other activists walked away.”

Why you always check O'Keefed's claims. Shocking, he lied.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2019

HHusky said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

Maybe. I just read the complaint though. You would think the Post would be extensively quoted in a case of defamation seeking $200 million in punitive damages. But the Post isn’t quoted very much or at much length. Instead, the theory seems to be what the Post knew or should have known. The word “malice” is thrown around, but it seems closer to a negligent reporting claim.
    Perhaps his attorneys will fuck it up. He clearly has a case if they don't fuck it up.
    Attorneys generally try pretty hard not to blow potential 7-8 figure settlements. 30% of that is a pretty good chunk of change.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

This.

The 250 mil figure was derived because that was what Bezos purchased the Post for. This has settlement written all over it. I would be surprised if it's less than $4-5 million. Drop in the bucket for Bezos, but the kid will be living large.
    At this point I’m less than convinced that it would survive a summary judgment motion and/or a motion to dismiss for failure to state a claim. But if it does, discovery would be an enormous undertaking. (The complaint contains more speculation about facts than concrete assertions.). Bezos can afford it; can the other side?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

Willful ignorance or stupidity, you make the call.

I rest my case. Seek out Hondo's dick. Because you absolutely suck at pretty much everything else.
    You’re angry GayBob. Petty insults on an anonymous board are not the best look for “a man of integrity” that you profess to be. Be best GayBob!
    Angry? Mocking you for being the dumbfuck you are brings me great joy. I love how your ego is so fragile you can't even admit when you've stuck your head up your ass. Far from making me angry it makes me laugh.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

This.

The 250 mil figure was derived because that was what Bezos purchased the Post for. This has settlement written all over it. I would be surprised if it's less than $4-5 million. Drop in the bucket for Bezos, but the kid will be living large.
    At this point I’m less than convinced that it would survive a summary judgment motion and/or a motion to dismiss for failure to state a claim. But if it does, discovery would be an enormous undertaking. (The complaint contains more speculation about facts than concrete assertions.). Bezos can afford it; can the other side?
    If you keep this up, you’re going to frustrate and confuse the tug’s trump U law school contingent.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Any reporting that claimed the teens "harassed" or "intimidated" or directed racial slurs at Philips or the black guys was false, and the Post's "reporting" was filled with all of that and more.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

On January 19, 20 and 21, the Post ignored the truth and falsely accused Nicholas of, among other things, “accost[ing]” Phillips by “suddenly swarm[ing]” him in a “threaten[ing]” and “physically intimidat[ing]” manner as Phillips “and other activists were wrapping up the march and preparing to leave,” “block[ing]” Phillips path, refusing to allow Phillips “to retreat,” “taunting the dispersing indigenous crowd,” chanting “build that wall,” “Trump2020,” or “go back to Africa,” and otherwise engaging in racist and improper conduct which ended only “when Phillips and other activists walked away.”

Why you always check O'Keefed's claims. Shocking, he lied.
    You’re making my point, blob. That paragraph is just about the only substantive allegation and the quotations are so choppy that you have to fully accept the characterization of the quotations as perfectly true to construct any argument. There are no lengthy statements quoted in their original context. The complaint goes on for pages without much more than conclusory statements about the Post’s alleged motivation.