Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Covington student sues Washington Post for $250 million

Comments

• HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 18,954
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I’ll take the over on a $5 million settlement for the Sandmann. The case will be heard in Kentucky where Trump got 63% of the vote in 2016. The Sandmann will be a sympathetic figure and the Washington Post will be seen as a malicious belligerent bully. He isn’t a public figure. Discovery will be a hoot for the Sandmann legal team. Fact after fact will come out about to support malice and gross negligence surrounding the Posts defamation of Sandmann. Tweets and social media posts will be a gold mine.

Anyone figuring out that Sandmann has suffered no damages from the defamation are ignoring the physical threats, the attempts to deny him college attendance and the fact that crazy leftards will never forget Sandmann and will blame him personally for the phu*cked up narrative that the left. This will follow him for the rest of his life. Imagine how a leftard college professor and the howling mad snowflakes in a college course will treat him. No one likes to bully like a leftard. Then toss in the clear case for punitive damages following the discovery of the abominable behavior of the Post as a supposed newspaper seeking truth because democracy dies in darkness.

Notice, not one leftard has indicated that the Post has the ultimate defense of a defamation allegation – The Truth.

Read the Complaint?

What is the defamation allegation?

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

For frivolous reporting. WaPo fucked up.
    Sure. But damages are going to be difficult to document in a case like this.
    He ain't getting a quarter billion but I bet he gets a nice seven figure settlement.
    This.

The 250 mil figure was derived because that was what Bezos purchased the Post for. This has settlement written all over it. I would be surprised if it's less than $4-5 million. Drop in the bucket for Bezos, but the kid will be living large.
    At this point I’m less than convinced that it would survive a summary judgment motion and/or a motion to dismiss for failure to state a claim. But if it does, discovery would be an enormous undertaking. (The complaint contains more speculation about facts than concrete assertions.). Bezos can afford it; can the other side?
    Just because you're a shitty trip and fall ambulance chaser doesn't mean there aren't professionals who actually know what they're doing; but we understand your need to project.
    I’m not a personal injury lawyer. Sorry you were misled. I suspect it happens to you a lot.
    It would be chinteresting for a client to get a copy of HHusky’s time spent on HCH vs billable hours.
    Who do you charge for your time here?
    No one. But I doubt an attorney could be here as much as you are and not have a lot of “overlap”. Lol. Good for you though.
    So you don't really work.
    Very little.
    Does your employer know?
    Yes, since my employer is me. I know that’s a hard concept for you to grasp.
    Same in my case. Grasped!
    My point stands re: your billable hours. You know I’m right.
    Because you say so. Compelling!
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

2001400ex said:

I keep hearing from the Left that freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from the consequences of your words. Anyways, unless the Post decides to make this a principled stand about free speech they'll likely settle. I'd bet even $500k is a lot to that kid and his family. No need to pay ten times that just to beat it in court and get a bunch of potential bad press.

Bezos has attorneys on staff that deal with this shit on a regular basis. How do you get fighting this would cost him/WP $5 million?
    Sure, but opportunity cost is a real thing and so are the optics. Sometims it's better to take the L and move on. I'm not surprised if you don't understand that.
    I’m betting the lawyers on staff don’t qualify for overtime. But if Bezos wants to spend millions on outside counsel, he’s not going to suffer.
    So I guess you don't know what opportunity cost is. Not surprised.
    Very familiar with it. Thus my comment about overtime. Do you know what it is?
    Overtime wouldn't have anything to do with opportunity cost. Try again.
    You better explain where you see the application of opportunity cost then. I don’t see Bezos’s lawyers doing anything but working more hours for the same pay. They’ll still have all their other work to do besides.
    And this is why you don't understand opportunity cost at all. You should probably google it.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

If only there was a three year track record of the Post lying to get Trump and smearing Trump voters capped off by the left going insane over hats and ruining this kids life

Calling him white trash will really help. Keep it up lefties. There are consequences to your actions

What are the consequences? You sound tough.

The truth is that trump’s base is is uneducated, unskilled, nativist white trash. You want to debate this fact?

If only there was a three year track record of the Post lying to get Trump and smearing Trump voters capped off by the left going insane over hats and ruining this kids life

Calling him white trash will really help. Keep it up lefties. There are consequences to your actions

The truth is that trump’s base is is uneducated, unskilled, nativist white trash. You want to debate this fact?
    Not with a moron like you

Try hondo, he's more your speed
    I knew you’d take the L.

Your boring. And repetitive. And stupid

No way to go through life

Post # 38,112.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

And?

Unskilled
    Uneducated
    Nativist
    Protectionist
    Can’t compete
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Logical.

Keep trying. Too bad you had loser teachers all those years.

You are free to back up your claims but we all know you can't
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    Standard Supporter

The truth!!! Hey O'Keefed, does it ever bother you that these are the kind of people who end up on your team?

No one can both generalize and insult an entire 50 million + subset of the population, while also managing to tape off every single fringe minority group, quite like a leftist FS.

Being dividers in the name of unity is what the modern far left is all about.

Fucking idiot.
    Fuck off trumpanzee. I don’t want unity. Not with you or your “50 million subset.”

No one can both generalize and insult an entire 50 million + subset of the population, while also managing to tape off every single fringe minority group, quite like a leftist FS.

Fucking idiot.
    Free markets reward skills, adaptability, and resourcefulness. Troomps need protectionism and tariffs.
    Standard Supporter

Fucking idiot.
    Fuck off trumpanzee. I don’t want unity. Not with you or your “50 million subset.”
    I've yet to see any evidence that you're in a position to be denigrating anyone else's education or intellect. Seriously, are you even slightly aware of how you come off here? I'll clue you in, it's not as a well educated and thoughtful smart guy.

Sweet Geezus nearly all of your posts are of this vintage.

SFGbob said:

Fucking idiot.
    I've yet to see any evidence that you're in a position to be denigrating anyone else's education or intellect. Seriously, are you even slightly aware of how you come off here? I'll clue you in, it's not as a well educated and thoughtful smart guy.

Sweet Geezus nearly all of your posts are of this vintage.

You’ve yet to see? How you come off here? Lol!

Self-awareness is not your strength GayBob.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 18,954
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

2001400ex said:

I keep hearing from the Left that freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from the consequences of your words. Anyways, unless the Post decides to make this a principled stand about free speech they'll likely settle. I'd bet even $500k is a lot to that kid and his family. No need to pay ten times that just to beat it in court and get a bunch of potential bad press.

Bezos has attorneys on staff that deal with this shit on a regular basis. How do you get fighting this would cost him/WP $5 million?
    Sure, but opportunity cost is a real thing and so are the optics. Sometims it's better to take the L and move on. I'm not surprised if you don't understand that.
    I’m betting the lawyers on staff don’t qualify for overtime. But if Bezos wants to spend millions on outside counsel, he’s not going to suffer.
    So I guess you don't know what opportunity cost is. Not surprised.
    Very familiar with it. Thus my comment about overtime. Do you know what it is?
    Overtime wouldn't have anything to do with opportunity cost. Try again.
    You better explain where you see the application of opportunity cost then. I don’t see Bezos’s lawyers doing anything but working more hours for the same pay. They’ll still have all their other work to do besides.
    And this is why you don't understand opportunity cost at all. You should probably google it.
    So you can’t explain how you were using the term. I had such high hopes for you.
    Standard Supporter

I'm plenty aware. You're a fucking dumbass who doesn't know shit. You cover for that fact by being a mouthy asshole.

Claiming that half the country are uneducated, racists and bigots because they don't share your politics is exactly what a fucking moron would say.