Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Troy Franklin, 2021 5* WR, Menlo Park (Menlo-Artherton), CA (Offered 6/23)

Comments

• Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,134
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    A bigger dick?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dnc said:
    BTP is tweeting as if Troy just committed

Don't think I need to tell anyone what that means
    Expect a woof soon he just committed
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

CONFIRMED
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

dnc said:

CONFIRMED
    What's his new twitter handle?
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

dnc said:

CONFIRMED
    @SeattleAl1
  • Options
    WillyRBeekWillyRBeek Member Posts: 133
    chuck said:

*We'll get Franklin and Egbuka.

Or just Franklin. The WR depth chart is going to be fine, great even. But there are still no mitigating factors if Egbuka leaves. A guy that good in state is like a once every 10-15 years kind of event. If UW can't get him, it's a long wait for the next opportunity.

If you're referring to the WR position, it's actually more like 20 years. As per 247's rankings, the only other WR from the state of Washington that's been higher rated than Egbuka since 247 started ranking recruits is Reggie Williams from the 2000 class.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,645
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Or just Franklin. The WR depth chart is going to be fine, great even. But there are still no mitigating factors if Egbuka leaves. A guy that good in state is like a once every 10-15 years kind of event. If UW can't get him, it's a long wait for the next opportunity.

If you're referring to the WR position, it's actually more like 20 years. As per 247's rankings, the only other WR from the state of Washington that's been higher rated than Egbuka since 247 started ranking recruits is Reggie Williams from the 2000 class.
    Makes sense. Kasen William's was at least close in terms of rating, but was nowhere near as talented (just my opinion).

I was thinking more in terms of non QB skill players rather than just WRs, but still arbitrarily threw out the 10-15 year range. The last guy I had in mind with a similar talent level was actually Jonathon Stewart.
  • Options
    WillyRBeekWillyRBeek Member Posts: 133
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Makes sense. Kasen William's was at least close in terms of rating, but was nowhere near as talented (just my opinion).

I was thinking more in terms of non QB skill players rather than just WRs, but still arbitrarily threw out the 10-15 year range. The last guy I had in mind with a similar talent level was actually Jonathon Stewart.

Ya, they have Egbuka and Stewart rated about the same. I never really realized it till now, looking at the rankings, but there have been very few non-QB skill players to come out of Washington that are considered "elite".
    Looking at 247's all-time rankings for Washington, 11 players have made the list(This is not including the 2021 class though). Of those 11, it breaks down like this:

- 3 QB's(Eason, Brown, Matt Tui)
    - 3 OLinemen(Sarell, Garnett, Schilling)
    - 1 OLB(Smalls)
    - 1 WR(Williams)
    - 1 TE(Middleton)
    - 1 RB(Stewart)
    - 1 Athlete(Mays)
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,645
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

Ya, they have Egbuka and Stewart rated about the same. I never really realized it till now, looking at the rankings, but there have been very few non-QB skill players to come out of Washington that are considered "elite".
    Looking at 247's all-time rankings for Washington, 11 players have made the list(This is not including the 2021 class though). Of those 11, it breaks down like this:

- 1 OLB(Smalls)
    - 1 WR(Williams)
    - 1 TE(Middleton)
    - 1 RB(Stewart)
    - 1 Athlete(Mays)
    Thanks for digging that up.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,605
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

dnc said:

CONFIRMED
    @SeattleAl1
    Account suspended.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

- 1 OLB(Smalls)
    - 1 WR(Williams)
    - 1 TE(Middleton)
    - 1 RB(Stewart)
    - 1 Athlete(Mays)
    Middleton is a joke 5 star. 4 would have been acceptable but he was way too slow to ever be a 5 star. Great hands tho.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Even if he commits, I guarantee we will freak out multiple times before he signs. He’s going to be a very tough pull.

Junior will close
    That is great and all, but can he coach