Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Troy Franklin, 2021 5* WR, Menlo Park (Menlo-Artherton), CA (Offered 6/23)

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,562
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I thought LSU was DB U
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I thought LSU was DB U

When you win a natty you are whatever fuck U. They got the rings
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

He's a complete homer but the Oregon 247 mod has been saying for the last week that he has gotten info that Franklin is a stone-cold lock for the Ducks. Hopefully this is a Roger Rosengarten situation

Lol
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

He's a complete homer but the Oregon 247 mod has been saying for the last week that he has gotten info that Franklin is a stone-cold lock for the Ducks. Hopefully this is a Roger Rosengarten situation

Looks like 247's subscription to poopduck is paying off.

Oregon commit Keith Brown was on some fan's podcast or interview or some shit and said he knows the next commit, and it will be a 5-star on all the recruiting sites. Franklin isn't a 5-star on all the sites, but TB don't have the best knowledge of the TBS star system.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’ve never thought we were getting him and still don’t.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

same
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,915
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Yeah, the fact that the Oregon people are essentially saying he's 100% to Oregon and the UW people are saying " I still like UW in this one but I'm not as confident as I used to be" is pretty telling. @AcropolisJr was the last UW insider saying UW was the favorite but he posted last week that Troy's recruitment "had gone wonky" and made the comment that "Oregon is toxic"
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

#trustinsamhuard

like any recruitment this is going to be up and down. In the end, i believe his relationships with huard and jalen macmillan will pull out. Just an long as Junior Adams keeps on him and doesnt pull a Bobby Greggers or KB skeleton free for all on twitter. Junior just need to keep on swinging and not give up. Keep hitting him up and let him know how bad we need him.

I think we have a higher chance of getting franklin than emeka right now.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

There seems to always be a high 4 or 5 star player from Cali that we “lead” early on and don’t get. I was wrong about Muruao last year.

I’m definitely blaming LMC for the fake jersey if we don’t get Franklin.

Wasn't that for Korey Foreman?
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,318
    Swaye's Wigwam

There seems to always be a high 4 or 5 star player from Cali that we “lead” early on and don’t get. I was wrong about Muruao last year.

I’m definitely blaming LMC for the fake jersey if we don’t get Franklin.

Wasn't that for Korey Foreman?
    whynotboth.gif
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,915
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Baseman said:

#trustinsamhuard

like any recruitment this is going to be up and down. In the end, i believe his relationships with huard and jalen macmillan will pull out. Just an long as Junior Adams keeps on him and doesnt pull a Bobby Greggers or KB skeleton free for all on twitter. Junior just need to keep on swinging and not give up. Keep hitting him up and let him know how bad we need him.

This is one is close. Sam and Junior are the big reasons why we have a fighting chance.
    Yeah, Sam needs to have him over for dinner sooner rather than later. Keith Brown is supposedly putting the full court press on Troy.

If he commits soon, it will be "Oregon... but I'll still probably take my visits in the fall"
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,123
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

Yeah, the fact that the Oregon people are essentially saying he's 100% to Oregon and the UW people are saying " I still like UW in this one but I'm not as confident as I used to be" is pretty telling. @AcropolisJr was the last UW insider saying UW was the favorite but he posted last week that Troy's recruitment "had gone wonky" and made the comment that "Oregon is toxic"
    It’s been on the Oregon boards for a while that they’re 100% set on Franklin, Dont’e Thornton, and Xavier Worthy. They haven’t been carpet bombing WR offers like other positions. New WRs coach hasn’t been in Eugene long enough to drop more than one deuce.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

#trustinsamhuard

This is one is close. Sam and Junior are the big reasons why we have a fighting chance.
    Yeah, Sam needs to have him over for dinner sooner rather than later. Keith Brown is supposedly putting the full court press on Troy.

If he commits soon, it will be "Oregon... but I'll still probably take my visits in the fall"
    That's my view. Our 2019 WR rotation, Pete leaving, and Donovan's pedgree hurts us. If Franklin picks Oregon but our offense and team perform, he'll give us another look.