Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Troy Franklin, 2021 5* WR, Menlo Park (Menlo-Artherton), CA (Offered 6/23)

Comments

• Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    At the end of the day, all we seem to be selling kids is that they get to play with Sam Huard.

• Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    And now Franklin is headed to Oregon too? What in the actual shit is going on?
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    edited May 2020
    What a fucking disaster.
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 757
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Flex Friday is no longer limited to one day a week. It’s daily.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Well this is encouraging news.
  • Options
    KevinPAC12KevinPAC12 Member Posts: 62
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Honest question:

What do you Dawgs think of Kimmy and her recruiting information?

Because she said Franklin and Mak were locks!

• Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889

Honest question:

Whos Mak?
  • Options

Honest question:

All her recruiting info comes from the coaches which is great when they have a good feel for recruiting but when they are overly bullish and not understanding where they actually stand it leads to a lot of wrong predictions which she has been making since Jimmy took over. I talked to Will a few times and he would tell me how he thinks they have a good shot at there top targets when all my third party sources where saying that’s not true. That’s why I was negative before all this went down because I could see it coming. And she is wrong about Troy right now, he’s all Oregon and if he decides early (decent shot at that) it’s going to be Oregon. Washington’s only hope is this drags out so they can get him on campus again but Washington has been out recruited so far for Troy.
    @sonics1993 would you say that Jimmy Lake is aware of his staffs deficiencies on the recruiting trail? does he have a good feel for recruiting?

Is it Junior getting blown out for troy? or is it a collective effort?
  • Options

Honest question:

All her recruiting info comes from the coaches which is great when they have a good feel for recruiting but when they are overly bullish and not understanding where they actually stand it leads to a lot of wrong predictions which she has been making since Jimmy took over. I talked to Will a few times and he would tell me how he thinks they have a good shot at there top targets when all my third party sources where saying that’s not true. That’s why I was negative before all this went down because I could see it coming. And she is wrong about Troy right now, he’s all Oregon and if he decides early (decent shot at that) it’s going to be Oregon. Washington’s only hope is this drags out so they can get him on campus again but Washington has been out recruited so far for Troy.
    @sonics1993 would you say that Jimmy Lake is aware of his staffs deficiencies on the recruiting trail? does he have a good feel for recruiting?

I think he’s finding out how bad his staff is at recruiting right now. We got three coaches who can go toe to toe with almost anyone in recruiting in Huff, Junior and Malloe, one who is above average in coach K and six coaches who can’t get it done. Junior is the only reason we are still in it for Troy. Main problem with Troy was hiring Donovan because they just been bashing the shit out of him and it’s been working. Showed him the stats when he was there at Penn State and then the years after when Moorehead (there new OC) took over. Set up perfectly for them.
    @sonics1993 appreciate your input. Do you think Sam Huard is a positive on the trail? don't really see the huard effect yet. What % do you give uw in changing the tide with troy? I like the trifecta off junior, huard and jalen mcmillan.

Do you have any positives for us?
  • Options
    CarlosDangerCarlosDanger Member Posts: 189
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    tvoie said:

And now Franklin is headed to Oregon too? What in the actual shit is going on?

One word......Cristobal.

Basically been a non-stop sodomy session since he took over. Peterman ran for the hills, I don't see it ending much better for Jimmy.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2020

Honest question:

I think he’s finding out how bad his staff is at recruiting right now. We got three coaches who can go toe to toe with almost anyone in recruiting in Huff, Junior and Malloe, one who is above average in coach K and six coaches who can’t get it done. Junior is the only reason we are still in it for Troy. Main problem with Troy was hiring Donovan because they just been bashing the shit out of him and it’s been working. Showed him the stats when he was there at Penn State and then the years after when Moorehead (there new OC) took over. Set up perfectly for them.
    @sonics1993 appreciate your input. Do you think Sam Huard is a positive on the trail? don't really see the huard effect yet. What % do you give uw in changing the tide with troy? I like the trifecta off junior, huard and jalen mcmillan.

Sam has been in consistent contact with Troy but his impact is felt more in person which is the problem. Sadly I got no good news, Washington is getting murdered on the recruiting trail right now and I don’t expect it to change during the summer. Only shot they got is official visits being allowed in the fall, them getting off to a good start and pressuring some of those commits to take visits but they dug themselves a very deep hole.
  • Options

Honest question:

Sam has been in consistent contact with Troy but his impact is felt more in person which is the problem. Sadly I got no good news, Washington is getting murdered on the recruiting trail right now and I don’t expect it to change during the summer. Only shot they got is official visits being allowed in the fall, them getting off to a good start and pressuring some of those commits to take visits but they dug themselves a very deep hole.
    @sonics1993 Do you think all these early commitments will stick? I know Troy said he was going to try and make a decision before the season. Do you see alot of decommitments coming as they go thru the season?
  • Options

Honest question:

@sonics1993 Do you think all these early commitments will stick? I know Troy said he was going to try and make a decision before the season. Do you see alot of decommitments coming as they go thru the season?
    I expect to see a good amount of commits visit other schools and I expect to see more decommits this year. But banking on that strategy only works if you have a good year. I rather try to hold one of my commits rather than flipping a commit from anthor school.
  • Options

Honest question:

I expect to see a good amount of commits visit other schools and I expect to see more decommits this year. But banking on that strategy only works if you have a good year. I rather try to hold one of my commits rather than flipping a commit from anthor school.
    @sonics1993 Goodbye Troy!!

final question. Do you think Jimmy will make any changes to this staff?? this cannot continue during his tenure
  • Options

Honest question:

@sonics1993 Goodbye Troy!!

final question. Do you think Jimmy will make any changes to this staff?? this cannot continue during his tenure
    Depends on the budget next year but I do expect change.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,519
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If the coaches can't patch up Donovan's past with Penn St. they aren't power 5 recruiters. You need some super reputable OC to get it done with offensive players you just have zero creativity at sales.
  • Options
    KevinPAC12KevinPAC12 Member Posts: 62
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Let’s state this....
    I hate you, you hate me. We both think our teams are superior.

I want your honest opinion.
    Kimmy says the following after our last 12 out of 15 commits:

The day or day after a UofO commit:

-Huskies/We have moved on

-Oregon must of paid the family

-Not OKG

-We have higher rated targets

AND NOW....
    She says something to the effect that Lake & Co. are letting Oregon get commits because you are going to flip them later! And that the past 24mo’s of recruiting < UW all the way!

Do you truly believe this?