Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Troy Franklin, 2021 5* WR, Menlo Park (Menlo-Artherton), CA (Offered 6/23)

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,797
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2019

bigcc said:

247 has his top 5 up, without us on it, did he drop it at some point or are they incorrect?

No
    They are correct or he didn't drop a top 5?
    No he didn’t
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,575
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TYFYS
    prayingdoggif
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Bread said:

bigcc said:

247 has his top 5 up, without us on it, did he drop it at some point or are they incorrect?

Just got off the phone with my source at 247. He says it is accurate but it really should be a top 6. Notre Dame is right in there. Wouldn't be surprised if they steal an official visit from one of the other 5.
    Thanks Tom.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

His top 11 from October was Alabama, Arizona State, LSU, Oregon, Oregon State, Tennessee, Texas, USC, Utah, Washington and Washington State.

Franklin has two former teammates at Washington, both freshman this year in Daniel Heimuli and Noa Ngalu, but the Huskies will be in for a battle with Oregon, USC, Cal and Alabama and if Clemson offers, the Tigers will be too. Plus, even though Franklin likes Jimmy Lake, some people close to his recruitment have said he was shocked with the Chris Petersen departure and that has given second thoughts of what was once a school thought to be the favorite. Oregon and USC are both making a big push and even though Cal just recently offer, they impressed him at Junior Day and having the local edge gives them some momentum. This one is too early to call.

"I've been trying to sit down and think about which schools can fit me the best and offer the best for me for college as I'm shrinking it down," said Franklin. "So I'll probably release something by the end of summer, probably a top five, so I can keep some pressure off me and focus more on school. But then it gives me more time to figure out where I really want to be."

Franklin saw two of his teammates, who are both now at Washington, attack recruiting from the opposite ends of the spectrum, one, Noa Ngalu, committed in the spring while the other, Daniel Heimuli, announced on the February National Signing Day.

He anticipates his recruitment will be closer to Heimuli's in terms of the timing.

"I think I'll save all of official visits for after my season, that way, I have all the time to not make any errors on choosing my top schools," said Franklin. "And I don't want to feel rushed on anything."

Pac-12 schools are making Franklin a priority.

"Oregon, Washington, Oregon State as well, Arizona State, Cal, USC, they've all been up there a bunch," said Franklin

With two teammates at Washington, even the departure of Chris Petersen hasn't slowed Franklin's recruitment by the Huskies.

"I was shocked when Coach Pete stepped down but then Coach (Jimmy) Lake got the head coach job and that was real cool," said Franklin. "Coach Junior (Adams), he's been the main one recruiting me and Coach (Will) Harris is on me too."

A decision is still a long way off.

"I'm looking around February 6th next year, around Signing Day of next year, do it at my school, one of my last times at MA and have a good energy there," said Franklin.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Wiltfong:

“High on several schools including Oregon and Washington who are doing a tremendous job early on.”
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,235
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited February 2020
    Even if we don't land Emeka, I think WR play and recruiting with Sam is gonna be juuuuuuust fine. Just the thought of Puka, McMillan, Rome, Sawyer, and Franklin alone makes me go six to midnight.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    “Some guys I feel comfortable with are Washington, Oregon, LSU, ASU, Oregon State, Alabama, those guys I’m comfortable,” Franklin said over the weekend while playing in the Pylon 7-on-7 national tournament held about an hour outside Las Vegas.

“I’ve only been to the West Coast schools, I’ve been to Utah, USC, Washington, Oregon, Oregon State, those are the schools I’ve been too so far.”

Oregon and Washington are the programs that appear to be in the best shape very early.

“I think it’s because I have a good relationship with the receiver coaches and all the other coaches and it felt like home,” he said of both schools.

Ranked by the 247Sports Composite as the nation’s No. 3 receiver and No. 21 prospect overall, Franklin grew up an Oregon fan.

“DeAnthony Thomas was my favorite player,” he said.

Oregon was one of the first programs to offer back in January of 2019.

“Coach (Jonathan) Krause, Coach (Jovon) Bouknight those guys just treat me well,” Franklin said. “We have a good relationship. Coach Cristobal is a great guy and they have a great program and great facility.”

Washington made a move during a June visit.

“Oh man it kind of felt like home when I was up there,” Franklin said. “They have a good quarterback Sam Huard (who Franklin plays 7-on-7 with for FSP) and we’re building our relationship. Good relationship with Coach (Jimmy) Lake and Coach (Junior) Adams. Those guys are great. I feel good up there.”

We’ll see how things change moving forward.

“I’m trying to get down to the South to visit Alabama, LSU, some other guys.”
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

chuck said:

*We'll get Franklin and Egbuka.

Or just Franklin. The WR depth chart is going to be fine, great even. But there are still no mitigating factors if Egbuka leaves. A guy that good in state is like a once every 10-15 years kind of event. If UW can't get him, it's a long wait for the next opportunity.

I assume a top WR will be a battle with some scary moments even if he does ultimately choose UW.
    What is it about WRs that make them so difficult to deal with? I've always noticed this. It's not just recruiting them either. They are usually the biggest headaches in the NFL as well. Weird position group.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

chuck said:

*We'll get Franklin and Egbuka.

Or just Franklin. The WR depth chart is going to be fine, great even. But there are still no mitigating factors if Egbuka leaves. A guy that good in state is like a once every 10-15 years kind of event. If UW can't get him, it's a long wait for the next opportunity.

I assume a top WR will be a battle with some scary moments even if he does ultimately choose UW.
    What is it about WRs that make them so difficult to deal with? I've always noticed this. It's not just recruiting them either. They are usually the biggest headaches in the NFL as well. Weird position group.
    It used to be the most dangerous position on offense in particular in the NFL People got paralyzed or killed. And the highlights were sold to the masses at big profit. Captain Crunch time etc.

Its still not safe but most of the big defenseless hits are gone now so we get Divas who know that in the modern game they are the show. Look at the Patriots without any decent deep threats. They sucked, for them