Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Outrage in Virginia...?

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

So in August/September, the story was "it's just crazy my actions from the 80s should be held against me now." And a lot of comments about it being stupid shit from the 80s is brought up.

Now it's "he's a racist, GTFO".

What's different? Only the letter next to his name.

And before you scream that I'm the hypocrite. My comments on Kavanaugh only centered on his actions in September and how he reacted to it. I never once commented that he should be gone because of what happened in the 80s.

It is stupid and was stupid. Progressives made these stupid rules of retroactive outrage so they gotta play the game.
    That's not my point. I'm laughing at the shills here for having completely different reactions in September versus now. And the difference not being a picture versus someone's story. There were a lot of comments saying that shit in the 80s shouldn't effect your ability to do the job now. Those same people are shitting on this dude for something in the 80s.

In addition, back then the Republican politicians supported Kavanaugh harshly. This scenario, Democrat politicians are denouncing him.

2001400ex said:

But but but

Calling you a hypocrite for your own comments 4 months ago is but but but? El oh El. You funny race.

Actually I do wish you went back to your witty ways. The older you get, the more partisan and butthurt you are.

Why are you so interested in changing the subject?
    That is right on topic. HTH.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    That's Sven man. You are better than that.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

So in August/September, the story was "it's just crazy my actions from the 80s should be held against me now." And a lot of comments about it being stupid shit from the 80s is brought up.

And before you scream that I'm the hypocrite. My comments on Kavanaugh only centered on his actions in September and how he reacted to it. I never once commented that he should be gone because of what happened in the 80s.

It is stupid and was stupid. Progressives made these stupid rules of retroactive outrage so they gotta play the game.
    That's not my point. I'm laughing at the shills here for having completely different reactions in September versus now. And the difference not being a picture versus someone's story. There were a lot of comments saying that shit in the 80s shouldn't effect your ability to do the job now. Those same people are shitting on this dude for something in the 80s.

In addition, back then the Republican politicians supported Kavanaugh harshly. This scenario, Democrat politicians are denouncing him.
    I’m not sure what your point is. Speaking for myself, again, I don’t think he’s a practicing racist because of a medical school yearbook photo. I’m just hear for the circular firing squad.

It’s ok for you to be pissed that one of your side got caught up in this outrage bullshit. Change the rules.
    I'm not pissed at all. The photo was awful, and represents a time in our country where that shit was allowed. And a part of the country where was the deep racism for a long time. Looking at it, I feel it was more of a "a black and a KKK can stand together" thing. Maybe not, I wasn't there. And really he probably should be gone given other people who have had their political careers ended for shit back in the day.

My point is, a lot of people here commented that the Kavanaugh deal shouldn't matter because it was in the 80s. Same with Roy Moore. And those exact same people are calling for this guy's head and not worried about when the picture was taken.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    I’m concerned Management here allows a flaming Racist like Hondo continue to spew his Hate here in this Forum.

Probably thought Bill Maher’s racist Popeye’s Chicken slur to a Black GOP Congressman was funny, too.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/02/02/bill-maher-faces-calls-to-quit-hbo-show-after-popeyes-chicken-joke-to-black-gop-congressman/

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

I’m not sure what your point is. Speaking for myself, again, I don’t think he’s a practicing racist because of a medical school yearbook photo. I’m just hear for the circular firing squad.

It’s ok for you to be pissed that one of your side got caught up in this outrage bullshit. Change the rules.
    I'm not pissed at all. The photo was awful, and represents a time in our country where that shit was allowed. And a part of the country where was the deep racism for a long time. Looking at it, I feel it was more of a "a black and a KKK can stand together" thing. Maybe not, I wasn't there. And really he probably should be gone given other people who have had their political careers ended for shit back in the day.

My point is, a lot of people here commented that the Kavanaugh deal shouldn't matter because it was in the 80s. Same with Roy Moore. And those exact same people are calling for this guy's head and not worried about when the picture was taken.
    Now that is some top notch shilling. Well done, I mean that. You ought to give that spin to his crisis PR team.

I'll help you with a little nuance you're missing, with the Kavanaugh thing. It's not the decade that matters so much as the time of life. Kav's was a high school yearbook. This gov's was a medical school yearbook. 16-18 years old vs. 22-24 years old. That's a real difference in maturity and thus culpability.
    Lol did you read my comment right after that? It was printed in a time when that was allowed to be printed. Clearly the editors of the yearbook either 1) didn't see racism, or 2) see racism and thought it was appropriate.

That being said, your comment on Kavanaugh is wrong. The actions in question for him were in college and over the age of 21, Remember the drinking aspect of it?

And it still doesn't address my point. The point being that for someone with R next to their name, shit is dismissed as back in the day. But someone with a D next to their name, they should be sent to the Gulag. For many people here.

I don't know why you defend that point. You are a person that's general seeking the truth. And you have to see that too. Read back through the Kavanaugh threads.
    That wasn't allowed in 1984 for fucks sake
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Now that is some top notch shilling. Well done, I mean that. You ought to give that spin to his crisis PR team.

I'll help you with a little nuance you're missing, with the Kavanaugh thing. It's not the decade that matters so much as the time of life. Kav's was a high school yearbook. This gov's was a medical school yearbook. 16-18 years old vs. 22-24 years old. That's a real difference in maturity and thus culpability.
    Lol did you read my comment right after that? It was printed in a time when that was allowed to be printed. Clearly the editors of the yearbook either 1) didn't see racism, or 2) see racism and thought it was appropriate.

That being said, your comment on Kavanaugh is wrong. The actions in question for him were in college and over the age of 21, Remember the drinking aspect of it?

And it still doesn't address my point. The point being that for someone with R next to their name, shit is dismissed as back in the day. But someone with a D next to their name, they should be sent to the Gulag. For many people here.

I don't know why you defend that point. You are a person that's general seeking the truth. And you have to see that too. Read back through the Kavanaugh threads.
    But but but

Stop smearing Kavenaugh

These are not similar at all

Defending racist behavior isn't a good look

I’m concerned Management here allows a flaming Racist like Hondo continue to spew his Hate here in this Forum.

Probably thought Bill Maher’s racist Popeye’s Chicken slur to a Black GOP Congressman was funny, too.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/02/02/bill-maher-faces-calls-to-quit-hbo-show-after-popeyes-chicken-joke-to-black-gop-congressman/

https://youtu.be/9ufpU3X-t4w

Also funny how when it's a republican saying racist shit, you blast liberals for being snowflakes. When it's a liberal saying racist shit, you call for their head. Only difference is the letter next to their name.

That wasn't allowed in 1984 for fucks sake

It wasn't allowed but it was published in a year book. Ok!!

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

But but but

Stop smearing Kavenaugh

These are not similar at all

Defending racist behavior isn't a good look
    I'm not smearing anyone and not defending racism. Fuckstick. I said he should be gone.

I'm laughing at people like you for being conservative shills.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

I was 100% sincere on your spin. That was your best effort.

Nah, I'm good, not re-reading a word of the Kav thing. If you say Kav's yearbooks were college ones too, so be it. I remember high school ones, but I admit I tuned out of it pretty quick because it was so inane. I have a clean conscience here because I don't care about yearbooks of any stripe.

My only ongoing interest in this like watching USC after loosing to UCLA. I enjoy the self-flagellating machinations of this. Progressives made the rules to this game. I'd tip my cap to a progressive with both the courage and the unapologetic pragmatism to stand up here and say this is wrong, we shouldn't be doing this. Change the game, start over.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    What I would like to see happen here is the Guv stand his ground and not resign, and then a recall election.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

I was 100% sincere on your spin. That was your best effort.

Nah, I'm good, not re-reading a word of the Kav thing. If you say Kav's yearbooks were college ones too, so be it. I remember high school ones, but I admit I tuned out of it pretty quick because it was so inane. I have a clean conscience here because I don't care about yearbooks of any stripe.

My only ongoing interest in this like watching USC after loosing to UCLA. I enjoy the self-flagellating machinations of this. Progressives made the rules to this game. I'd tip my cap to a progressive with both the courage and the unapologetic pragmatism to stand up here and say this is wrong, we shouldn't be doing this. Change the game, start over.
    On the Kavanaugh deal, I'm not sure on the yearbook. I know the incidents in question were when he was in college.

I wouldn't say progressives made the rules. I personally think everyone on both sides looks for dirt on the other side. And they don't give a shit why or what, just want to get them out of power. Both sides do it and both sides are awful. And there's a lot of people on both sides that defend their side and shit on the other for the exact same thing.