Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Outrage in Virginia...?

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    edited February 2019

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

So in August/September, the story was "it's just crazy my actions from the 80s should be held against me now." And a lot of comments about it being stupid shit from the 80s is brought up.

Now it's "he's a racist, GTFO".

What's different? Only the letter next to his name.

And before you scream that I'm the hypocrite. My comments on Kavanaugh only centered on his actions in September and how he reacted to it. I never once commented that he should be gone because of what happened in the 80s.

It is stupid and was stupid. Progressives made these stupid rules of retroactive outrage so they gotta play the game.
    That's not my point. I'm laughing at the shills here for having completely different reactions in September versus now. And the difference not being a picture versus someone's story. There were a lot of comments saying that shit in the 80s shouldn't effect your ability to do the job now. Those same people are shitting on this dude for something in the 80s.

In addition, back then the Republican politicians supported Kavanaugh harshly. This scenario, Democrat politicians are denouncing him.
    I’m not sure what your point is. Speaking for myself, again, I don’t think he’s a practicing racist because of a medical school yearbook photo. I’m just hear for the circular firing squad.

It’s ok for you to be pissed that one of your side got caught up in this outrage bullshit. Change the rules.
    I'm not pissed at all. The photo was awful, and represents a time in our country where that shit was allowed. And a part of the country where was the deep racism for a long time. Looking at it, I feel it was more of a "a black and a KKK can stand together" thing. Maybe not, I wasn't there. And really he probably should be gone given other people who have had their political careers ended for shit back in the day.

My point is, a lot of people here commented that the Kavanaugh deal shouldn't matter because it was in the 80s. Same with Roy Moore. And those exact same people are calling for this guy's head and not worried about when the picture was taken.
    Now that is some top notch shilling. Well done, I mean that. You ought to give that spin to his crisis PR team.

I'll help you with a little nuance you're missing, with the Kavanaugh thing. It's not the decade that matters so much as the time of life. Kav's was a high school yearbook. This gov's was a medical school yearbook. 16-18 years old vs. 22-24 years old. That's a real difference in maturity and thus culpability.
    Lol did you read my comment right after that? It was printed in a time when that was allowed to be printed. Clearly the editors of the yearbook either 1) didn't see racism, or 2) see racism and thought it was appropriate.

That being said, your comment on Kavanaugh is wrong. The actions in question for him were in college and over the age of 21, Remember the drinking aspect of it?

And it still doesn't address my point. The point being that for someone with R next to their name, shit is dismissed as back in the day. But someone with a D next to their name, they should be sent to the Gulag. For many people here.

I don't know why you defend that point. You are a person that's general seeking the truth. And you have to see that too. Read back through the Kavanaugh threads.
    I was 100% sincere on your spin. That was your best effort.

Nah, I'm good, not re-reading a word of the Kav thing. If you say Kav's yearbooks were college ones too, so be it. I remember high school ones, but I admit I tuned out of it pretty quick because it was so inane. I have a clean conscience here because I don't care about yearbooks of any stripe.

My only ongoing interest in this like watching USC after loosing to UCLA. I enjoy the self-flagellating machinations of this. Progressives made the rules to this game. I'd tip my cap to a progressive with both the courage and the unapologetic pragmatism to stand up here and say this is wrong, we shouldn't be doing this. Change the game, start over.
    On the Kavanaugh deal, I'm not sure on the yearbook. I know the incidents in question were when he was in college.

I wouldn't say progressives made the rules. I personally think everyone on both sides looks for dirt on the other side. And they don't give a shit why or what, just want to get them out of power. Both sides do it and both sides are awful. And there's a lot of people on both sides that defend their side and shit on the other for the exact same thing.
    No, these are new rules made by progressives, going back through high school & college yearbooks or whatever other bit of ephemera from decades ago, looking for any sign of racism using hyper-woke standards of today. It's stupid.
    I agree it's stupid. And I'm glad there was no cameras and shit back in the day and I didn't do anything stupid on anything that's documented.

But it's not just progressives, and this is another example. Both sides do anything they can to keep the other from power. This wasn't invented in 2019 either. This goes back long before we were born. Shit this probably predates Race.

Don't you remember shit brought up about Obama about who a teacher he had in college. And he sat in a room with this person speaking. And it leading to a daily chant from Palin and others about "pals around with terrorists".
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

So in August/September, the story was "it's just crazy my actions from the 80s should be held against me now." And a lot of comments about it being stupid shit from the 80s is brought up.

And before you scream that I'm the hypocrite. My comments on Kavanaugh only centered on his actions in September and how he reacted to it. I never once commented that he should be gone because of what happened in the 80s.

It is stupid and was stupid. Progressives made these stupid rules of retroactive outrage so they gotta play the game.
    That's not my point. I'm laughing at the shills here for having completely different reactions in September versus now. And the difference not being a picture versus someone's story. There were a lot of comments saying that shit in the 80s shouldn't effect your ability to do the job now. Those same people are shitting on this dude for something in the 80s.

In addition, back then the Republican politicians supported Kavanaugh harshly. This scenario, Democrat politicians are denouncing him.
    I’m not sure what your point is. Speaking for myself, again, I don’t think he’s a practicing racist because of a medical school yearbook photo. I’m just hear for the circular firing squad.

It’s ok for you to be pissed that one of your side got caught up in this outrage bullshit. Change the rules.
    I'm not pissed at all. The photo was awful, and represents a time in our country where that shit was allowed. And a part of the country where was the deep racism for a long time. Looking at it, I feel it was more of a "a black and a KKK can stand together" thing. Maybe not, I wasn't there. And really he probably should be gone given other people who have had their political careers ended for shit back in the day.

My point is, a lot of people here commented that the Kavanaugh deal shouldn't matter because it was in the 80s. Same with Roy Moore. And those exact same people are calling for this guy's head and not worried about when the picture was taken.
    Now that is some top notch shilling. Well done, I mean that. You ought to give that spin to his crisis PR team.

I'll help you with a little nuance you're missing, with the Kavanaugh thing. It's not the decade that matters so much as the time of life. Kav's was a high school yearbook. This gov's was a medical school yearbook. 16-18 years old vs. 22-24 years old. That's a real difference in maturity and thus culpability.
    Lol did you read my comment right after that? It was printed in a time when that was allowed to be printed. Clearly the editors of the yearbook either 1) didn't see racism, or 2) see racism and thought it was appropriate.

That being said, your comment on Kavanaugh is wrong. The actions in question for him were in college and over the age of 21, Remember the drinking aspect of it?

And it still doesn't address my point. The point being that for someone with R next to their name, shit is dismissed as back in the day. But someone with a D next to their name, they should be sent to the Gulag. For many people here.

I don't know why you defend that point. You are a person that's general seeking the truth. And you have to see that too. Read back through the Kavanaugh threads.

Nah, I'm good, not re-reading a word of the Kav thing. If you say Kav's yearbooks were college ones too, so be it. I remember high school ones, but I admit I tuned out of it pretty quick because it was so inane. I have a clean conscience here because I don't care about yearbooks of any stripe.

My only ongoing interest in this like watching USC after loosing to UCLA. I enjoy the self-flagellating machinations of this. Progressives made the rules to this game. I'd tip my cap to a progressive with both the courage and the unapologetic pragmatism to stand up here and say this is wrong, we shouldn't be doing this. Change the game, start over.
    On the Kavanaugh deal, I'm not sure on the yearbook. I know the incidents in question were when he was in college.

I wouldn't say progressives made the rules. I personally think everyone on both sides looks for dirt on the other side. And they don't give a shit why or what, just want to get them out of power. Both sides do it and both sides are awful. And there's a lot of people on both sides that defend their side and shit on the other for the exact same thing.
    No, these are new rules made by progressives, going back through high school & college yearbooks or whatever other bit of ephemera from decades ago, looking for any sign of racism using hyper-woke standards of today. It's stupid.
    I agree it's stupid. And I'm glad there was no cameras and shit back in the day and I didn't do anything stupid on anything that's documented.

But it's not just progressives, and this is another example. Both sides do anything they can to keep the other from power. This wasn't invented in 2019 either. This goes back long before we were born. Shit this probably predates Race.
    Non-criminal acts made by high schoolers or even college age? You’ll have to convince me.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Non-criminal acts made by high schoolers or even college age? You’ll have to convince me.
    See my edit. Thought about it after I posted.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    I do not remember any slams on Obama based on a class he took. I do remember some digging into papers he wrote in law school, but that’s very different situation in my opinion.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,908 Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

But but but

Stop smearing Kavenaugh

These are not similar at all

Defending racist behavior isn't a good look
    I'm not smearing anyone and not defending racism. Fuckstick. I said he should be gone.

I'm laughing at people like you for being conservative shills.
    There is only one shill paid to be here. And you should kill yourself. For the good of society.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,097 Standard Supporter
    Yet the left loves Calypso Louis Farrakhan who hates all races except his own. Somehow not racist nor those politicians that support him.

Hypocrisy in action! But we're dealing with actual commies now. They would hang JFK.

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942
    Swaye said:

Update: Washington Compost just ran an article with quotes from basically half the politicans in Virginia (and plenty of National folks) and every single one of them wants him to resign, and they are mostly Dems. It's over for this guy. Put a big black fork in him.

Rats are planning to run hard at Trump using the race card this next election, this guy puts a monkey wrench in that strategy. He is toast.
    2001400ex said:

Straight up strawman ass fuck. Is this mother fucker capable of posting without fucking strawman ass? If it had been proven or there had been credible corroborating evidence that Kavannaugh had attempted to rape Ford then he would have been toast. What was said here is that a nearly 40 year old allegation, with no corroboration and no evidence in support of it was fucking outrageous. Needs to be noted that there is currently two Rats running for President that tried to destroy a man with that kind of bullshit "evidence."

To the extent anyone talked about not holding something against Kavanaugh it was his high school and college drinking. No one here was willing to give him a pass for sexual assault no matter how long ago it may have occurred.

But Hondo being Hondo is too fucking stupid to argue against what people here have actually said so it's straight to the strawman's asswhole.
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Yeah, it's almost as if there is no evidence that this guy put a picture in his yearbook when he was 25 wearing either black face or a Klan robe and hood.

People defended Kavanaugh because there was no fucking evidence he had done what he was accused of doing dumbfuck. Is that the case here?
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Fucking liar. No one here said that. And trust me dumbfuck, even in the mid-80s it wouldn't have been cool to put a picture of yourself in a klan robe and hood in your college year book.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

It's not just that, if the Gov's yearbook showed that he liked to drink nobody would be saying anything. Hondo is trying equate underage drinking and partying with a 25 year old putting racist images in his year book.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Fucking liar. No one here said that. And trust me dumbfuck, even in the mid-80s it wouldn't have been cool to put a picture of yourself in a klan robe and hood in your college year book.

Look who’s showing up for work at 12:30 pm. Long lines in the ER last night? Illegals!
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Mother fucker is pathological liar. What "actions" in question when Kavanaugh was over 21 are you referring to Hondo? When he threw ice in a bar? Got love how Hondo is running interference for a racist.
    2001400ex said:

That wasn't allowed in 1984 for fucks sake

It wasn't allowed but it was published in a year book. Ok!!
    You could get a picture of yourself wearing black face published today Hondo. Dress up in either a Klan robe or black face take a picture of yourself and send it to your local paper.

Make sure you let them know you're a small businessman in town. They'll publish your pictures. It wasn't acceptable to wear Klan robes and hoods and dress up in black face in the mid 80s. To claim otherwise is a fucking lie but that's what you're good at Hondo.
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Don't you remember shit brought up about Obama about who a teacher he had in college. And he sat in a room with this person speaking. And it leading to a daily chant from Palin and others about "pals around with terrorists".
    Pathological liar.

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Look who’s showing up for work at 12:30 pm. Long lines in the ER last night? Illegals!
    Look who is tonguing Hondo's asswhole. Our phony libertarian friend.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Look who is tonguing Hondo's asswhole. Our phony libertarian friend.
    Great integrity as always GayBob.

I do not remember any slams on Obama based on a class he took. I do remember some digging into papers he wrote in law school, but that’s very different situation in my opinion.

Well I can't find what I'm looking for. There was discussion about professors there and who he talked about. At the bottom of this link is a bunch of links to articles talking bad about Obama's college years. Even the wall Street journal got in on the action.

https://www.factcheck.org/2010/02/obama-at-columbia-university/