Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to Taylor Rapp

Comments

• Options
    BlayenBlayen Member Posts: 102
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Houhusky said:

There is always a thread of truth in every story

Here’s how it goes.

Rapp has a sore hip from when Joho McIntosh tried to kill him in that one game ( @RoadDawg55 might remember which one) Nbd. Everyone is fucking sore and has wounds at the end of the season. It’s not anything other than typical season wear and tear.

Rapp and the coaches continue to prep to play Osu.

A few days ago, maybe over christmas, someone in his family sees others sitting out of their shit bowl games (or maybe a “family friend” passes along some advice) and offers the idea of sitting out.

Rapp tells lake he wants to sit out, says his hip/leg is hurting but everyone knows it’s to protect nfl draft. He’s been going to the trainer for it weeks for his hip so the alliby checks out though.

Lake compromise is dress out for the game, go through warmups, think about it while in uniform in the stadium and see if you change your mind. If not we will tell everyone it’s an injury so everyone can save face.

Rapp pusses out.

Maybe Rapp was or wasn’t the difference in the overall outcome of game, but the secondary looked completely different and the replacement safeties played poorly to say the least.

Nothing better than "threads of truth" that are complete speculation. Well done!
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

College football signed their own death warrant when they started to listen to NFL fans on how to run their product

Bowl game ties ins for champs was college football. The national champion was literally an after thought given AFTER the bowl games

A plus one at the most

Now it is inevitable that the play off is all that matters

Sure as fuck, none of these guys are sitting out the biggest game of their careers on their biggest stage.

And I'd bet dollars to donuts there's more than a few future NFL guys on the field in Frisco, TX on Saturday. The smart ones know they can play their way into more money by balling out.

Carson Wentz didn't sit out the fucking playoffs.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    He is dead to me. Just kidding. He isn't white. I am forced to love him.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,065
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

topdawgnc said:

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

Part of my post is that a bunch of you guys think you know more than you really do.

I'm not going to bash a kid who might legitimately be injured. And for you guys saying play through it, what would it have done to his stock if he was unable to cut and cover effectively against their explosive O and looked like a fool.

WE Don't KNOW for sure, so I'm not jumping to drunk conclusions.

If we are going to bash people who jump to drunk conclusions, then me and half this bored are FUCKING OUT!
    This board's original motto was "We'd rather be first than right."

Some of you need to remember that.
    Rapp would rather be rich than play to make a bunch of old fat guys feel good.
    Like I said, it's rational and I don't have a ready argument. But now that it has reached, or soon will reach, trend, think about what it does to cfb.
    Exactly. What do NY6 bowl's even mean if in 10 years the 3-4 best players on every team are all sitting out? I'll just say fuck it and sit around diddling myself and not watch any of it
    right now you call that Tuesday
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,518
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    If top players are willing to sit out Rose Bowls why do they bother playing the non-conference scrimmages at the beginning of the season? When do they start sitting those games out, too? Yeah, they end up only playing a half, but still. 10 wins used to mean something because the season was 12 games long. I think some of this is also due to playing too many games.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    edited January 2019

Swaye said:

topdawgnc said:

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

Part of my post is that a bunch of you guys think you know more than you really do.

I'm not going to bash a kid who might legitimately be injured. And for you guys saying play through it, what would it have done to his stock if he was unable to cut and cover effectively against their explosive O and looked like a fool.

If we are going to bash people who jump to drunk conclusions, then me and half this bored are FUCKING OUT!

Like I said, it's rational and I don't have a ready argument. But now that it has reached, or soon will reach, trend, think about what it does to cfb.
    Exactly. What do NY6 bowl's even mean if in 10 years the 3-4 best players on every team are all sitting out? I'll just say fuck it and sit around diddling myself and not watch any of it
    right now you call that Tuesday January, February, March, April, May......
    I take summers off but that's just me.

• Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    If Pete didn't tell the kids to ignore outside noise this never would of happened. Taylor would of been on here learning about abundance and saw value in balling out in a Rose Bowl.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Swaye said:

topdawgnc said:

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

Isnt that why you got a new Orkin truck?
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam

Two Words - Fucking Millennials.

business decision, can't live like all ya poor ass peasants
    This is a trend that I find disturbing. It's rational and I understand it and I don't have a ready argument to offer. But, it threatens to ruin the bowls if it becomes a "thing", which it arguably already is.
    This is an extremely UN-Creepy like post.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Two Words - Fucking Millennials.

business decision, can't live like all ya poor ass peasants
    This is a trend that I find disturbing. It's rational and I understand it and I don't have a ready argument to offer. But, it threatens to ruin the bowls if it becomes a "thing", which it arguably already is.
    This is an extremely UN-Creepy like post.
    GTFOH
  • Options
    DeepDawgDeepDawg Member Posts: 544

Why do things have to be exclusive? Why can’t it be both Taylor Rapp is a god who absolutely carried this unit for two years and he pulled a soft ass move that ultimately doesn’t effect our long term goal so fuck it let’s move on?

If you’re looking for rational objective thinking you won’t find it here. HTH
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    rational objective thinking?

sure. Kinda Like planning a big landmark Anniverary party with all your friends and family. Big couple takes center stage, Taylor grabs the mic, flashes a life size photo on screen and says, “Thanks for coming everyone. I want to introduce you to my new younger Hotter piece that I hope is my future, Thanks for the ride, now Fuck off”