Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to Taylor Rapp

Comments

• Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Passion said:

Whatever. Fucking play until they have to carry you off the field. If you’re warming up with the team, then start the game until you can’t fucking walk anymore.

Prett sure that’s what Lawyer Milloy would’ve done.
    And that’s why he’s Lawyer Milloy. Taylor Rapp is a different person than Lawyer Milloy. That will effect how much of an affinity you have towards Lawyer but it shouldn’t cloud your views of how you see Taylor. I was fucking butthurt as all hell yesterday when he didn’t play but my gripes are with the lack of recruiting, not the man who carried us the past two years. I get the resentment but only for a couple more hours.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Kevin King played with one arm his Senior season with a torn labrum. Real Dawg. Greg Gaines and Kaleb McGary have had injuries throughout their careers and never missed a game. Both will play in the NFL as well. Real Dawgs. Byron Murphy has the highest draft stock of anybody on the team and a son to provide for and yet played yesterday. Real Dawg. I don't want to hear shit about "kids are different these days" because they're not. Kids that are tough, bad ass motherfuckers who would never quit on their brothers and want to play in every game still exist.

Taylor Rapp is still a Dawg for life but there's also some bitch in there and that's a stain on his legacy that will never be forgotten.

We're on to 2019.

I thought Byron had a daughter, did I miss something
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Kevin King played with one arm his Senior season with a torn labrum. Real Dawg. Greg Gaines and Kaleb McGary have had injuries throughout their careers and never missed a game. Both will play in the NFL as well. Real Dawgs. Byron Murphy has the highest draft stock of anybody on the team and a son to provide for and yet played yesterday. Real Dawg. I don't want to hear shit about "kids are different these days" because they're not. Kids that are tough, bad ass motherfuckers who would never quit on their brothers and want to play in every game still exist.

Taylor Rapp is still a Dawg for life but there's also some bitch in there and that's a stain on his legacy that will never be forgotten.

We're on to 2019.

I thought Byron had a daughter, did I miss something
    He said he has a son.
  • Options
    YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 539
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

It's certainly possibly Rapp playing could have helped UW pull off an unlikely win. The problem is, we will never know because he quit on his team in the fucking Rose Bowl! Soft ass bullshit. Fucking Byron Murphy is an out of state kid with higher draft stock than him and he was out there playing. Total bitch move. I hope he regrets that shit for the rest of his life. You gotta be carried off the field to not play in the Rose Bowl man. Budda would have played. Kevin King would have played. Sidney Jones would have played.

seems like y'all care about the "shitty" rose bowel...
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    YouKnowIt said:

It's certainly possibly Rapp playing could have helped UW pull off an unlikely win. The problem is, we will never know because he quit on his team in the fucking Rose Bowl! Soft ass bullshit. Fucking Byron Murphy is an out of state kid with higher draft stock than him and he was out there playing. Total bitch move. I hope he regrets that shit for the rest of his life. You gotta be carried off the field to not play in the Rose Bowl man. Budda would have played. Kevin King would have played. Sidney Jones would have played.

seems like y'all care about the "shitty" rose bowel...
    Shocking, I know.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    What day did this segment air? Was it pregame show or on his daily show? I want to give it a listen.

As others have pointed out, the only thing I have a problem with is the way that it went down.

I watched the game with a big group talking the whole time so I didn't hear much on game commentary at all. One of my buddies said his hip was bothering him and he couldn't go. I didn't have the full knowledge at the time, but I immediately said back to the guy "I guarantee you this means he's turning pro and that he could play; he just doesn't want to risk aggravating the injury."

Which i have no fucking problem with. If you come from modest means, it's been your lifelong dream and the only thing that could get in the way of a multi million dollar NFL contract is a significant injury, only fucking losers would blame a guy for not wanting to risk his meal ticket. You gotta get yours while you can.

And that's the thing...Trapp has put in his time, he's balled out, and I'd have nothing but love for the guy if he simply came out, fucking owned it, said it was a hard decision, and expressed disappointment at not being able to go out one last time with brothers in the grandaddy. What am I supposed to say that? Guy made a personal choice, owned it, is dying to be out there with his team but had to do what was best for his future. Good for him. Only he knows what's best for himself.

But hiding from the media all week, shutting down any questions, not showing up for his media obligation... I'm sure that was awkward as fuck for Brandon Mckinney. Guy had to cover for him, while talking to the press who are bitching because they'd rather be talking to anybody else.

Then resorting to making up (or grossly exaggerating) an injury because you're too pussy to own up to your decision, continuing to hide from the media and ultimately announce on Twitter, so you never have to sack up and be man about it?

That's some bullshit. Like I said, you gotta do you. That's fine. But the manner in which he chose to go about it... just makes him look like a bitch and put his teammates in a bad spot. Not a good look. At all.
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

UW marketing dept strikes again!
    Hire derek johnson
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Would he take the pay cut just to help out? What about his Family?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Would he take the pay cut just to help out? What about his Family?

This schtick is even worse than your usual schtick.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Two Words - Fucking Millennials.

business decision, can't live like all ya poor ass peasants
    This is a trend that I find disturbing. It's rational and I understand it and I don't have a ready argument to offer. But, it threatens to ruin the bowls if it becomes a "thing", which it arguably already is.
    This is an extremely UN-Creepy like post.
    GTFOH
    Much better!!!