Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to Taylor Rapp

Comments

• Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Two Words - Fucking Millennials.
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    The 2000 Huskies played inspired in the 2001 Rose Bowl victory over Purdue. Curtis Williams had been paralyzed from an injury earlier that season and the team dedicated themselves to Curtis and played with intense passion. It was awe inspiring and part of the proud tradition of this program that doesn’t seem to register with Petersen’s OKGs. If Rapp didn’t play to avoid risk of injury, I’m disappointed with him. But if true, I’m more concerned Petersen is failing to establish the right culture in the program. Don James’s players would have run through walls for him and sitting out for the Granddaddy would have been unthinkable.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The 2000 Huskies played inspired in the 2001 Rose Bowl victory over Purdue. Curtis Williams had been paralyzed from an injury earlier that season and the team dedicated themselves to Curtis and played with intense passion. It was awe inspiring and part of the proud tradition of this program that doesn’t seem to register with Petersen’s OKGs. If Rapp didn’t play to avoid risk of injury, I’m disappointed with him. But if true, I’m more concerned Petersen is failing to establish the right culture in the program. Don James’s players would have run through walls for him and sitting out for the Granddaddy would have been unthinkable.

This is going to happen to every program and it has. DeAndre Baker isn't playing for Georgia either and he was completely healthy as far as I know. It doesn't have anything to do with Petersen's system like you suggest.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Would have to been a really severe injury to not recover for a month. Sounds like he went the route of I don't want to look bad. Would be a great read to go back through this thread if he decided to come back.

Anyways the idea that this generation of kids grow up dreaming of playing in the rose bowl is bs. It's playoffs or bust and about getting paid.

What's an even bigger pussy move tho is if he is not owning his decision and making the injury sound worse than it is. If it was really severe I don't think the staff would have allowed him to play. The fact that it was up to them says a lot.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Why are people acting like someone can't finish a game with an injury but still be too hurt to go later in the season? Delano Hill fractured his hip last week and finished the game and now he's on the IR. We have no idea how severe it is. But it if it's even bordering on playing or not and he doesn't want to risk his career while playing banged up, how can we blame him?

Dude shut the fuck up. It's a hip flexor strain! It's not a career threatening injury and he looked perfectly fine in pre-game warm ups. No limp, no nothing. He was healthy enough to play and give it a go and chose not to. No team trainers or doctors held him out. He bitched out on his teammates. Simple as that.
  • Options
    Those movements look real sudden for a guy who was too injured to play or even try to play...

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    doogville said:

If he sat -- and sounds like that's what happened -- totally tarnishes his legacy.

And that sucks, was one of my favorite players.

But to have Murphy out there, and still sit? Fuck that.

Yeah that's what's weird. So he bitched out and Murphy knew and didn't follow?
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    What a dud you are, Taylor.
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    What pisses me off more than him bitching out is him lying about it...
  • Options
    TTJ said:

If he decided weeks ago to sit this one out, why was he out there trying to warm up? There’s gotta be more to this story.

Seems to me he tried to conceal his intentions to save himself for the draft by pretending to be a game time decision. Perhaps that was his plan. Perhaps that was by Coach Pete's design to help him save face and avoid public scrutiny.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    We’re on to Asa Turner
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2019
    Baseman said:

We’re on to Asa Turner

Your favorite person!
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,989
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    This seems out of character for Rapp. Is this all rumors and bullshit or do our internet detectives have something more concrete? Post in the ‘wam