Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to Taylor Rapp

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

this thread is difficult to read....if true that Rapp chose not to play it is incredibly disappointing.

i am going to reserve judgement until i know for sure what the deal is... but... if true that he didn't play because of the draft I am going to cry.

fuck it, he did not play. His career as dawg ended. Good luck kid, hopefully you don't get sidney jonesed and @NeGgaPlEaSe will have to perform the surgery
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2019
    Bold decision to sit out a game to leave and be a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,865
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Hate to break it to Rapp but Dewayne Haskins is going to make tens of millions of dollars in the NFL more than you.

And he balled out today instead of being a punk ass bitch.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Chill the fuck out on the Rapp bashing. It wasn't a playoff game, that's just the landscape today.

Y'all want elite players, this is going to happen if you don't make it to the big show. Bosa quit on Ohio State after spring ball.

• Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    dhdawg said:

Doogles said:

Chill the fuck out on the Rapp bashing. It wasn't a playoff game, that's just the landscape today.

Y'all want elite players, this is going to happen if you don't make it to the big show. Bosa quit on Ohio State after spring ball.

Who else sat out this game?
    Murphy? Nope.
    Gaskin? Nope.
    Anyone on ohio state? Nope
    Stop with "that's just the landscape today" bs
    Has anyone else sat put a NY6 bowl?
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

Doogles said:

Haskins is about to be the #1 QB taken in this draft and he played and risked injury in a disappointing, non-playoff Rose Bowl game against an inferior opponent his team could have beaten with out him. I don't want to hear that bullshit. Haskins is elite and he played.
    I guess...meh, I'm not sold on Haskins at the next level...I can't see how throwing the ball while leaning back is going to cut it in the NFL.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    If I ever see Rapp at the 7-11 on Aurora in the U-District I'm going to tell him to his face what I think of this BS.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,867
    Standard Supporter

ZoneUW said:

Not being a homer, yeah that's soft shit.

However, I think it's dumb to think he would have been the difference.

When you don't score a touchdown until 10 minutes left in the fourth quarter, the defense is just an after thought anyways. The problem today was offensive incompetence all game long. Ohio State was always going to score on us, the big question was could we keep pace against their leaky defense. And we shit the bed.

Looking at just the final score, all we needed was for one of their touchdowns to not happen. Rapp in the game would have made it tougher for them to score.
    Disagree. That was an ass kicking. Ohio State just took the gas of the pedal 1 TD too soon to make it look like a good game.
    I don't disagree with your disagreement. I was kind of being a weasel by qualifying my post with "Looking at just the final score".

Rapp could have made a big play or two or smacked a couple WRs around or stopped some of those up the gut runs from being such huge gains. But would it have changed the outcome? Not likely since OSU was gaining big chunks by both passing and running the ball. But still...

The point is...we need to discourage players from making a business decision to sit out bowl games. So in the spirit of that (rather than logic/reason), Rapp sitting out is the reason we lost the Rose Bowl. And if any players choose to sit out of any future bowl games, that will be the reason we lose those ones too.

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

He played through the hip flexor injury in the Pac-12 championship game when he tweaked it. Then after having a month to heal up he can't play? Yeah it's bullshit. Never would have thought he'd be one of those guys. Especially a hometown kid. Definitely hurts his legacy as a Dawg. Quit on his teammates. If he plays who knows if those TD passes over the middle happen? Could have at least given it a go and then pulled himself out if need be. Disappointing.

Thats not necessarily determinative. People play through injuries all the time in the midst of adrenaline that later end up sidelining them for months.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2019
    It doesn't have to be one or the other. I don't think anyone is disputing that Rapp did have a minor injury. Could he have played through it and at what % of full speed? Once you start getting into that gray area its tough for any fan to say but its possible future implications were a factor in his decision to sit where they might not have been if he was full strength.