Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sounds like the final two at CU are: Jimmy Lake and Ryan Day

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,891
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    RealRhino said:

Name a head coach at one of the true blue bloods got the job straight from being a coordinator. I can’t think of one off the top of my head that wasn’t either an interim situation or they got promoted from within. Actually, just thought of Kirby smart. Is that it though? Doesn’t seem to happen.

Bob Stoops

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,485
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Keith Gilbertson at Cal
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    MisterEm said:

MisterEm said:

CU is a fucking shit job. The faggiest school in pac-12. Have the hottest bitches though so they could be become STDU lite.

It's not a shit job, middle-tier football potential.

Second point.... you are correct.
    I hate those fuckers.
    Fort Collins for lyfe.
    Yes motherfucker.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

H

RealRhino said:

Name a head coach at one of the true blue bloods got the job straight from being a coordinator. I can’t think of one off the top of my head that wasn’t either an interim situation or they got promoted from within. Actually, just thought of Kirby smart. Is that it though? Doesn’t seem to happen.

Jeremy Pruitt, Dabo, Kirby Smart.

They aren’t true blue bloods, but those are the kind of tier 1B jobs that Jimmy might be able to land.
    Dabo wasn't even a coordinator, he was just the WR coach when he got the interim gig wasn't he?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

H

RealRhino said:

They aren’t true blue bloods, but those are the kind of tier 1B jobs that Jimmy might be able to land.
    Dabo wasn't even a coordinator, he was just the WR coach when he got the interim gig wasn't he?
    Yes

Was this answer satisfactory?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It seems to me that Colorado has a loser administration, kind of like UW.

It’s a good job though. Some of you are delusional if you think Lake is going to get an amazing head coaching job right way.

You get that type of job from getting the head job at a place like Colorado and winning there.

There are outliers like Kirby Smart (Georgia alum) and Muschamp, but it doesn’t happen often.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

It seems to me that Colorado has a loser administration, kind of like UW.

It’s a good job though. Some of you are delusional if you think Lake is going to get an amazing head coaching job right way.

You get that type of job from getting the head job at a place like Colorado and winning there.

There are outliers like Kirby Smart (Georgia alum) and Muschamp, but it doesn’t happen often.

And Muschamp was a known entity at DC for a number of years at different high profile schools and Smart was a national champion.

I agree Lake's not getting a better first HC gig than Colorado, certainly not for a few years.
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615

RealRhino said:

Will Muschamp
    Coaches at South Carolina. Not blue blood. Barely tier three. Doesn't count.
  • Options
    whlinder said:

RealRhino said:

Bob Stoops. Lincoln Riley. Clay Helton.
    Not coaching. Promoted from within. Both interim AND promoted from within. Doesn't count.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Meek said:

RealRhino said:

Will Muschamp
    and the thing is, Muschamp was the heir apparent to Mack Brown at Texas until he got tired of waiting.
    Muschamp is now next in line at North Carolina
    but he did get paid nicely by Florida, so if Jimmy Lake is so shallow (see what I did there?) that he's only about the money then he gone.
  • Options

H

RealRhino said:

Already said Smart, and I think Tennessee is a good enough job that it would count. Certainly better than Colorado. Dabo was promoted from within, so doesn't count.

So of the 18 or so programs that I would count in a (broadly defined) tier 1 (allowing for places such as Tenn, A&M, UW), I think there are exactly two schools with a HC that came straight from a coordinator job at another school to take over.

I think ADs generally learned from the brief Will Muschamp phase we seemed to go through a few years ago when hot coordinators were snapped up for top jobs.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,297
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    RealRhino said:

whlinder said:

RealRhino said:

Bob Stoops. Lincoln Riley. Clay Helton.
    Not coaching. Promoted from within. Both interim AND promoted from within. Doesn't count.
    Yeah yeah yeah. I read your message all the way through after I posted. Stoops still fits.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RealRhino said:

RealRhino said:

Will Muschamp
    Coaches at South Carolina. Not blue blood. Barely tier three. Doesn't count.
    That’s after he flames out at Florida. He took over Florida after Urbany Meyer. That was a tier one job at the time.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Muschamp was also the DC that started the act like a fucking maniac retard on the sidelines DC craze instead of calmly assessing the game from the booth
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,602
    Sark deserves another shot at the pac
  • Options
    DeepDawgDeepDawg Member Posts: 544

Sark deserves another shot of Patron at Joey's at the pac

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Muschamp was also the DC that started the act like a fucking maniac retard on the sidelines DC craze instead of calmly assessing the game from the booth

I dooged out in 2009 and 2010 when Nick Holt would be screaming at the defense.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Freak out as much as you feel is appropriate.

Looking for something completely different, and turned up this tim capsule.