Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sounds like the final two at CU are: Jimmy Lake and Ryan Day

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,602
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Lake has more job security here. I mean McIntyre literally signed a 3 year extension a year ago and bam, he gone. I know I'm dooging, but job security is a big deal for a lot of coaches (unless of course you are in Pullman, FCS job).

No. You're just dooging.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I hope he stays. But if he goes, he goes.

However, why the hell is he entertaining this distraction while we have a Rose Bowl on the line?

And with 3 losses against teams that aren't in the top 25 -- all of the coaches need to fucking pay attention to our game plan for tomorrow.

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Lake has more job security here. I mean McIntyre literally signed a 3 year extension a year ago and bam, he gone. I know I'm dooging, but job security is a big deal for a lot of coaches (unless of course you are in Pullman, FCS job).

By that logic he should never leave for a head coaching job. Shit, this applies to any promotion. Of course your job security shrinks as you move to a bigger role with more demands and higher expectations.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Jimmy jumps at this chance, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he sticks around a couple more years until he’s one of the hottest HC candidates in football.
    EWIWBI
  • Options
    BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Dooging for sure. MacIntyre is still owed $10 million. That's 7-10 years of coordinator pay, and that's basically worst case scenario.
  • Options
    DeepDawgDeepDawg Member Posts: 544
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

By that logic he should never leave for a head coaching job. Shit, this applies to any promotion. Of course your job security shrinks as you move to a bigger role with more demands and higher expectations.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Jimmy jumps at this chance, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he sticks around a couple more years until he’s one of the hottest HC candidates in football.
    EWIWBI
    ATBSJBS
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    There is a positive to take from this news. If he does go then he gets the training he needs to take over when Petersen retires.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,089
    Swaye's Wigwam

One year of $2 million > 3 years of $750,000, cause even if you lose the job after one year you can get another the next.

Job security matters. Pay scale matters more, especially when you're an established talent like Lake who is always going to be able to find another job if needed.
    I CLEARLY said I was dooging, and yes I'll stop.

I guess I use a friend who is former dawg and former coach who should be considered for special teams coach if opening should occur. But after being let go has had to do various odd jobs. At same time, I completely agree, you have to take what's presented to you as well, because a shit season could mean you're looking for a job. And yes, Lake will land on his feet wherever he goes.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,496
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Freak out as much as you feel is appropriate.

such a funny fucking movie. my personal opinion is that it's Ferrell's best work.
    Anchorman >
    Close. Agree. Very close. You could coin flip those. Step Brothers is up there too.

I guess I just like things that make fun of southern hillbillys, and Talladega Nights does that so well.
    IMO Farell's actual best stuff is as a supporting character (Old School, Zoolander), but Anchorman was his magnus opus as a lead. Talladega Nights is funny and Sacha Baren Cohen brings something to the table Farrell's other movies generally don't have but I was honestly disappointed with it. I thought given the subject matter it was going to be absolutely hysterical and thought it could have been a lot funnier.
    It has been tough for all of the SNL comics to make a 90 minute movie that wasn't over after 20 minutes or so

Each has had their gems but also a lot of yeah it was good for awhile but...movies
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

One year of $2 million > 3 years of $750,000, cause even if you lose the job after one year you can get another the next.

Job security matters. Pay scale matters more, especially when you're an established talent like Lake who is always going to be able to find another job if needed.
    Jimmy Lake ain’t making $750k at UW ... much more ... and likely due another raise
    You're right $1.1 million. Still nothing close to HC money, even if he gets another raise which seems unlikely one year into a 3 year deal.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker