Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sounds like the final two at CU are: Jimmy Lake and Ryan Day

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    MisterEm said:

CU is a fucking shit job. The faggiest school in pac-12. Have the hottest bitches though so they could be become STDU lite.

It's not a shit job, middle-tier football potential.

Second point.... you are correct.
    I hate those fuckers.
  • Options
    BlastDoor said:

doogville said:

Domicillo said:

Can we please not put the staff on some unfounded moral pedestal. Pete has plenty of former coaches and staff across the football landscape. Every time he gets a question about development he always relates it to his belief in developing his coaching staff as well. He's always supported his guys taking other opportunities and even encourages hiring people who've worked on other staffs before too because they can get a better understanding of the reasoning behind Pete's philosophy. If money didn't matter then Pete wouldn't have given out raises, including renegotiating his own contract at times to demand an increase in budget capacity from the AD dedicated for personnel payroll. You'll see it again this offseason just like every year so far; some staff will get increases, some roles will be readjusted, some people choose will go elsewhere and some will be encouraged to go elsewhere.

Jfc. He didn't say money doesn't matter, he said it's not everything. Of course Pete goes and gets more money for his guys.

But if all Jimmy da gawd lake cared about was a salary increase, he'd be coaching cal right now.

Jimny lake has been a DC for one year. Maybe he likes learning from two of the best coaches in the country and isn't in a hurry to go to some shithole like Colorado and faceplant?

It's not that hard.

Colorado is not a shit hole. CU is a shit hole. Boulder fucking sucks and it’s a shit tier job.
    Disagree. Boulder is a top notch college town and CU is easily in the upper half of PAC-12 jobs.
    Boulder is fucking gross. I hate fucking Boulder. It’s just a bunch of left winged hippy fucks. Boulder DGAF about Football to make a good hire. It’s hard to recruit there now too. But fuck those guys. They are the fucking worst. They got cucked by Kansas fucking Kansas for Les Miles.
    Half of college is hanging out with hippies, kid. And it's always fun.
    Boulder kids are rich out of state kids. Boulder the town is hippy trash.
  • Options

Someda

doogville said:

Domicillo said:

Can we please not put the staff on some unfounded moral pedestal. Pete has plenty of former coaches and staff across the football landscape. Every time he gets a question about development he always relates it to his belief in developing his coaching staff as well. He's always supported his guys taking other opportunities and even encourages hiring people who've worked on other staffs before too because they can get a better understanding of the reasoning behind Pete's philosophy. If money didn't matter then Pete wouldn't have given out raises, including renegotiating his own contract at times to demand an increase in budget capacity from the AD dedicated for personnel payroll. You'll see it again this offseason just like every year so far; some staff will get increases, some roles will be readjusted, some people choose will go elsewhere and some will be encouraged to go elsewhere.

Jfc. He didn't say money doesn't matter, he said it's not everything. Of course Pete goes and gets more money for his guys.

But if all Jimmy da gawd lake cared about was a salary increase, he'd be coaching cal right now.

Jimny lake has been a DC for one year. Maybe he likes learning from two of the best coaches in the country and isn't in a hurry to go to some shithole like Colorado and faceplant?

It's not that hard.

Colorado is not a shit hole. CU is a shit hole. Boulder fucking sucks and it’s a shit tier job.
    Disagree. Boulder is a top notch college town and CU is easily in the upper half of PAC-12 jobs.
    Boulder is fucking gross. I hate fucking Boulder. It’s just a bunch of left winged hippy fucks. Boulder DGAF about Football to make a good hire. It’s hard to recruit there now too. But fuck those guys. They are the fucking worst. They got cucked by Kansas fucking Kansas for Les Miles.
    Someday you will grow to a place of enlightenment and age where uber hot coeds with daddy issues is of value.
    Oh trust me I’ve already taken advantage of this.
  • Options

doogville said:

Domicillo said:

It's not that hard.

You’re trying way too hard to be someone you’re not.
    No I just hate Boulder.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,602
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Someda

doogville said:

Domicillo said:

It's not that hard.

Someday you will grow to a place of enlightenment and age where uber hot coeds with daddy issues is of value.
    Oh trust me I’ve already taken advantage of this.
    Wrong. You've taken advantage of the only dude you could find who was smaller than you
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

Domicillo said:

Can you fucking read? I never said money doesn't matter. But obviously our coaching staff cares less about money than most coaches. This has been proven by the actions of Petersen, Kwiatkowski, and Lake and is indisputable. All have turned down more money to go elsewhere. They absolutely belong on a pedestal. No other coaching staff is like this. Instead of denying it maybe you should realize it and appreciate it while it lasts.
    Kawasaki’s market is limited. He can’t recruit and is perfectly comfortable staying in Pete’s shadow.

Peterman is the highest paid coach in the PAC-12 and landed in Seattle just before the real estate boom. Knocking down the big dough requires heading southeast where the fan base wont allow a Jake Browning, a Bob Gregory or tolerate “built for life” over built for Saturday’s.

If you think money doesn’t matter to Jimmy Lake, think again. He’s not looking for a mid-level PAC 12 gig with a $10 million guarantee. He doesn’t want to be Justin Wilcox, he’s thinking bigger.

CFB is littered with former gotta have coordinators who washed out after taking shit jobs.

With a burgeoning influx of defensive talent and a sterling reputation with recruiting, x&os, and no off-field baggage, Lake is setting himself up for the big job with a big pay day.

The more he says no, the more his mystique grows. Altruism? El oh El
    AGAIN YOU FUCKING IDIOT! Go re-read my fucking posts. I never said "money doesn't matter". Of course it's a fucking factor. Does not mean it is the #1 factor that drives his decision process. Location, family, staff continuity, general happiness all play a role. The facts 100% back. Money is not the #1 factor for our coaches. Petersen, Kwiatkowski, and Lake have all turned down more money to stay at UW. That is a FACT. You are literally trying to tell me I'm wrong in one sense when the facts are on my side while also saying the same shit that I've already fucking said in that Lake has higher ambitions than a job like Colorado and will wait for a blue blood to offer him their HC job.
    Link?
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I dunno man. I think Jimmy should stay at UW.

I mean, how would he do at CU without all his 4 star NFL talent? I'd like to see how he does with 2 and 3 stars like at Oregon State Colorado. I doubt he could beat the Cougs.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

MisterEm said:

CU is a fucking shit job. The faggiest school in pac-12. Have the hottest bitches though so they could be become STDU lite.

It's not a shit job, middle-tier football potential.

Second point.... you are correct.
    I hate those fuckers.
    Fort Collins for lyfe.
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,892

@backthepack grab a 6er Smirnoff Ice, nail a fresh bowl and watch this

http://www.espn.com/30for30/film?page=thegospelaccordingtomac

Jimmy Lake has a slutty daughter?!?
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511

By the way my 'final 2' thing - that was from the fucking Buff bored. Everyone I know says it doesn't sound like Jimmy wants it.

I don't fucking know.

Looks like Dennis finally sobered up
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    Name a head coach at one of the true blue bloods got the job straight from being a coordinator. I can’t think of one off the top of my head that wasn’t either an interim situation or they got promoted from within. Actually, just thought of Kirby smart. Is that it though? Doesn’t seem to happen.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,128
    Founders Club
    RealRhino said:

Name a head coach at one of the true blue bloods got the job straight from being a coordinator. I can’t think of one off the top of my head that wasn’t either an interim situation or they got promoted from within. Actually, just thought of Kirby smart. Is that it though? Doesn’t seem to happen.

Will Muschamp
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

doogville said:

Domicillo said:

It's not that hard.

You’re trying way too hard to be someone you’re not.
    That's his schtick but he doesn't know it.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

RealRhino said:

Will Muschamp
    and the thing is, Muschamp was the heir apparent to Mack Brown at Texas until he got tired of waiting.