Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sounds like the final two at CU are: Jimmy Lake and Ryan Day

Comments

• Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Domicillo said:
    I would be very happy if they hired Jim Leavitt, don't know about Derek Mason and so not particularly worried, but I would prefer they not hire Mel Tucker. The Georgia defense is good and loaded. Obviously he can recruit very well and I'd prefer they not have that.

Georgia has a very very good defense. It is difficult to know how lesser talent would affect that, but considering his seeming recruiting pedigree, I would prefer we not find out.

TL;DR please hire Leavitt
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Maybe they open up the wallet and grab Peterman.

Browning takes over at qb coach for uw.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    This happens every year and yet he's still here. People think he's full of shit when he says he's staying and are proven wrong time and time again (Hi fat fuck Fetters and Ektard). Colorado is a shit job. They don't have the recruiting potential or infrastructure to be a good program. It's a black hole job. Nobody can succeed there no matter how good they are. I would be shocked if Jimmy took that job. Being reported as a top target for Colorado doesn't mean he has any interest in the job at all. If I were him, I'd wait for the USC job to open up one or two years from now.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

This happens every year and yet he's still here. People think he's full of shit when he says he's staying and are proven wrong time and time again (Hi fat fuck Fetters and Ektard). Colorado is a shit job. They don't have the recruiting potential or infrastructure to be a good program. It's a black hole job. Nobody can succeed there no matter how good they are. I would be shocked if Jimmy took that job. Being reported as a top target for Colorado doesn't mean he has any interest in the job at all. If I were him, I'd wait for the USC job to open up one or two years from now.

You realize head coaches get 3-5 million dollars a year and keep getting it even if they get fired?

You take the job no questions asked if offered.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Lake has more job security here. I mean McIntyre literally signed a 3 year extension a year ago and bam, he gone. I know I'm dooging, but job security is a big deal for a lot of coaches (unless of course you are in Pullman, FCS job).

One year of $2 million > 3 years of $750,000, cause even if you lose the job after one year you can get another the next.

Job security matters. Pay scale matters more, especially when you're an established talent like Lake who is always going to be able to find another job if needed.
    Jimmy Lake ain’t making $750k at UW ... much more ... and likely due another raise
    You're right $1.1 million. Still nothing close to HC money, even if he gets another raise which seems unlikely one year into a 3 year deal.
    And you think money is the only factor? Did Petersen not turn down bigger job after bigger job while at Boise State that would have paid him more money? Is Petersen not Jimmy's mentor? These are OKG coaches we're talking about. Not coaches that drag their families all around the country chasing more money. It has to be the right fit. It has to be a location that's acceptable for his family and a place he thinks he can succeed. Colorado has long been a door mat and they aren't going to light the recruiting trail on fire no matter what. Doesn't seem like the right fit for a coach who's going to be a very hot name in a couple years and will have blue bloods calling.
  • Options

You realize head coaches get 3-5 million dollars a year and keep getting it even if they get fired?

You take the job no questions asked if offered.
    Our coaches are different than many others. It's not just about money with them. Money doesn't rule their lives. Being happy living in a certain location and having a happy family far outweigh their desire for more money. Does Jimmy have head coaching ambition? Yes, but I think his ambition goes much higher than being the HC at a shit program like Colorado. He's young. The money will be there when the blue bloods start calling.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    CU is a fucking shit job. The faggiest school in pac-12. Have the hottest bitches though so they could be become STDU lite.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm hearing Jimmy isn't that interested. Who knows?
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    edited November 2018

By the way my 'final 2' thing - that was from the fucking Buff bored. Everyone I know says it doesn't sound like Jimmy wants it.
    p
    I don't fucking know.

We'll know how interested he is on Saturday. Pete wouldn't let him do the in-home with Asa Turner if he thought Jimmy was serious about leaving. Asa is too critical a player and Pete put a ton of time with him over the summer leading up to that commitment. If Pete and Jimmy both go to see Asa, we might have a problem. If just Pete goes or the in-home doesn't happen at all, we're fucked.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    edited November 2018
    I feel like if Lake is actually certain he's staying is because there's already talks about him being Chris Petersen's heir apparent. So I think Lake is actually going to stick for at least a few years, but it could turn into the Syracuse situation with Mike Hopkins where the wait is just too long and he ends up going somewhere despite the talks within.
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I will kill myself if Jimmy Lake goes to CU. Fuck those arrogant hippie fucks. They don’t deserve to have a decent progrum. I will hate Jimmy Lake for eternity. I will light myself on fire on the 50 at Folsom field.

Vote up for promise to kill yourself.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    What time is chat tonight?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

By the way my 'final 2' thing - that was from the fucking Buff bored. Everyone I know says it doesn't sound like Jimmy wants it.

I don't fucking know.

So you saying there is a world we are bettter with Jimmy Lake?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I feel like if Lake is actually certain he's staying is because there's already talks about him being Chris Petersen's heir apparent. So I think Lake is actually going to stick for at least a few years, but it could turn into the Syracuse situation with Mike Hopkins where the wait is just too long and he ends up going somewhere despite the talks within.

Looks like peterman making a push to make run at the title in 2020 (I know , 2020 will be special), given the way the recruiting has been. Would not be schocked if he peterman called it a day if he won one and pooped off in to the sunset