Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL: Decommitment thread

Comments

• Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Article says Oregon is planning to sign 27 commits in this class. How many couches are going to be put up for sale to fit all these kids in? All year I heard about how this was a young team and there weren't many seniors.

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/LongFormArticle/Oregon-Football-Recruiting-Remaining-Targets-126494487/

They had like 73 on scholly this year
    Correct. 73 on scholarship, 10 departing seniors.

Offense: RB Tony Brooks-James, RB Taj Griffin (gone already), WR Tabari Hines (gone already), TE Kano Dillon.

Defense: DE Jalen Jelks, OLB Justin Hollins, S Ugo Amadi, ILB Kaulana Apelu, ASS Mattrel McGraw, CB Haki Woods.

Couch sold: OL Jacob Capra.

Early entry candidates: QB Justin Herbert, WR Dillon Mitchell, LB Troy Dye.

That means 23-25 open scholarships.

Couch sale candidates: FS Billy Gibson, OL Sam Poutasi, WR Daewood Davis, WR Demetri Burch, OL George Moore, RB Darrian Felix.

Doesn't take much processing to open up enough space. But I don't think we sign 27 unless we really load up on JuCo practice bodies, or as they call them at Oregon State, class headliners.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited December 2018

Looks like he already gets along well with his future teammates

It was already confirmed but this only adds to it. Not an OKG. Kid wants to get loud and talk shit before the game and then take plays off during the game. It's hilarious doogs on doogman are arguing about whether or not UW wanted this kid. No way he lasts at Oregon without either getting kicked off the team or transferring :D
    For fucks sake, you spend so much time talking out of your ass that it has to be sore by now.

Thibodeaux and Mycah Pittman are friends. They did this to get free pub. Acting all hard while saying I WISH YOU THE BEST BABY. The camera guy knew ahead of time what was coming. Out of all of our commits Thibodeaux is closest to Pittman.

Earlier you said he's lazy. You don't know anything about the kid. Thibs has been working toward this all of high school, training with someone who usually only works with pros, while having a 4ish GPA, spending a couple of hours per day on round trips to Westlake Village.

You hate Oregon, I hate Washington - it's perfect, I love it, and I wouldn't have it any other way. But at some point you just have to shut the fuck up. Oregon got a guy that any program in the country would gladly take. I understand, if Washington got him I'd be fucking jealous and tempted to say he's an overrated drama queen. I just wouldn't say it because I'm not quite as dumb as you.

Even if Thibodeaux was a locker room cancer, dumb as a rock, and lazy everyone would still want him. Want to know why? BECAUSE FOOTBALL SUCCESS AT DEFENSIVE LINE IS 90% DUE TO GENETIC GIFTS. Take a look at this video of one-on-one match ups from The Opening and you'll see why. 2:57 is Kayvon, these guys are either too slow to even hold him or he pushes around guys with 100lbs on him. Jacob Bandes is in there earlier and he also looks great: https://youtu.be/rK0bPKSUv_M?t=177
    1. Pittman hates Thobodeaux. They're not friends. You won't see a damn thing on Pittman's twitter about Kayvon's commitment to Oregon. He was hoping not to have to play with him in college.

2. I only repeated what Biggins said about him. He's seen him play in person multiple times and said he doesn't play hard and his stats were misleading, if not fabricated. He will not be a 5-star for long because 247 is going to drop him down their rankings for their last ranking update. His grades don't have shit to do with who he is as a football player. Football is not his passion.

3. Obviously any program in the country wouldn't love to take him. UW, USC, and UCLA stopped recruiting the kid. UW wouldn't have taken him if he begged our coaches to take him. His effort and attitude are not what our coaches recruit and they don't make exceptions for anybody no matter how talented. Those are the facts. You're the one talking out your ass by saying anybody in the country would love to have him when that is unequivocally false.

4. I'm looking forward to seeing him play real football at the college level with pads on. I think he's a front runner who only plays hard on obvious passing downs when he has an opportunity to shine individually. He don't want no smoke against the run. Please line him up next season against Trey Adams and see what happens to him. He will get man handled.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

It was already confirmed but this only adds to it. Not an OKG. Kid wants to get loud and talk shit before the game and then take plays off during the game. It's hilarious doogs on doogman are arguing about whether or not UW wanted this kid. No way he lasts at Oregon without either getting kicked off the team or transferring :D
    For fucks sake, you spend so much time talking out of your ass that it has to be sore by now.

Thibodeaux and Mycah Pittman are friends. They did this to get free pub. Acting all hard while saying I WISH YOU THE BEST BABY. The camera guy knew ahead of time what was coming. Out of all of our commits Thibodeaux is closest to Pittman.

Earlier you said he's lazy. You don't know anything about the kid. Thibs has been working toward this all of high school, training with someone who usually only works with pros, while having a 4ish GPA, spending a couple of hours per day on round trips to Westlake Village.

You hate Oregon, I hate Washington - it's perfect, I love it, and I wouldn't have it any other way. But at some point you just have to shut the fuck up. Oregon got a guy that any program in the country would gladly take. I understand, if Washington got him I'd be fucking jealous and tempted to say he's an overrated drama queen. I just wouldn't say it because I'm not quite as dumb as you.

Even if Thibodeaux was a locker room cancer, dumb as a rock, and lazy everyone would still want him. Want to know why? BECAUSE FOOTBALL SUCCESS AT DEFENSIVE LINE IS 90% DUE TO GENETIC GIFTS. Take a look at this video of one-on-one match ups from The Opening and you'll see why. 2:57 is Kayvon, these guys are either too slow to even hold him or he pushes around guys with 100lbs on him. Jacob Bandes is in there earlier and he also looks great: https://youtu.be/rK0bPKSUv_M?t=177
    1. Pittman hates Thobodeaux. They're not friends. You won't see a damn thing on Pittman's twitter about Kayvon's commitment to Oregon. He was hoping not to have to play with him in college.

2. I only repeated what Biggins said about him. He's seen him play in person multiple times and said he doesn't play hard and his stats were misleading, if not fabricated. He will not be a 5-star for long because 247 is going to drop him down their rankings for their last ranking update. His grades don't have shit to do with who he is as a football player. Football is not his passion.

3. Obviously any program in the country wouldn't love to take him. UW, USC, and UCLA stopped recruiting the kid. UW wouldn't have taken him if he begged our coaches to take him. His effort and attitude are not what our coaches recruit and they don't make exceptions for anybody no matter how talented. Those are the facts. You're the one talking out your ass by saying anybody in the country would love to have him when that is unequivocally false.

4. I'm looking forward to seeing him play real football at the college level with pads on. I think he's a front runner who only plays hard on obvious passing downs when he has an opportunity to shine individually. He don't want no smoke against the run. Please line him up next season against Trey Adams and see what happens to him. He will get man handled.
    You talk like a white nerd trying to sound urban
    I'm black. What do you mean "urban"?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,225
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

ntxduck said:

Dre is in charge of marketing the Urban community

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

There is absolutely no way you are black
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

You might be the dumbest person ever to write on a message board.
    Come on now. You post in the Tug and witness Hondo every day.
    good point
  • Options

Sorry, @StrongArmCobra I have set a very strict limit of quoting your entire post no more than once per week. If you classy poasters don't want to see me quook his dooging, I'm also sorry. But much like an SEC schedule in November, I like to pick on the weak.

Pittman hates Thobodeaux. They're not friends

Please tell me where you heard that. I'd like to know if my video guy in SoCal inexplicably told me the opposite for some reason.

He will not be a 5-star for long because 247 is going to drop him down their rankings for their last ranking update.

Yeah, I'm sure he'll drop from the second spot in the composite and 10th on 247 to outside the top-30.

UW wouldn't have taken him if he begged our coaches to take him.

If you believe this, you are even dumber than I thought. Nick Saban was blowing up his phone, but the notoriously good edge rush recruiters from Montlake would pass on him because his name is Kayvon and not Kevin. Actually, that one may be true.

He don't want no smoke against the run

No cap? Fr fr?

Please line him up next season against Trey Adams and see what happens to him. He will get man handled

Please line up your best true freshman pass rusher against Calvin Throckmorton and see what happens. True freshman DEs, even if they're Jadeveon Clowney, get man handled more often than not. Freddie Mercury's ass got dominated less often than even the best defensive linemen on a per rep basis, it's the nature of the game and I'm starting to wonder if you even watch that game or just scour the internet for things to fit your warped view of this shitty conference.

1. Quooks were legitimately worried about Pittman decommitting if Kayvon committed to Oregon. It was on their boards. They have beef. Why nothing about Kayvon's commitment to Oregon on Pittman's Twitter if they're friends? Your video guy in SoCal told you what you wanted to hear.

2. All he has to do is drop out of the top 20 247 rankings. He's at #10 right now.

3. UW would not take him. Neither would UCLA. Neither would Stanford. Neither would Cal. A West coast high academic kid who's not recruited by those four schools? Gee I wonder why? If he begged USC to take him I'm sure they'd have a hard time saying no but even they stopped actively recruiting him. He admitted not hearing from USC and wanting to hear from them more the majority of his recruitment. It's cool bro. You can be happy about getting a talented player but you don't get to warp reality to make yourself feel better. The top three programs out West wanted nothing to do with this kid. Laiatu Latu on the other hand, UW and USC were all over him.

Like I said before, 5-stars are no big deal for Saban and he can afford to take risks on a couple kids per cycle. He's known for recruiting thugs and doesn't give a fuck. Not saying Kayvon's a thug. I have no idea. Point is Saban has recruited worse kids than him like woman beater Reuben Foster. Saban recruits talent and doesn't care about anything else. I never said Kayvon wasn't talented.

4. Not all freshman pass rushers are rated 5-stars and promised starting jobs as true Freshman like Kayvon. Line his ass up.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

I'm offended. What do you think it means to "sound black". Tread carefully.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

I'm offended.
    I for one am very sorry.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Cal recruited DeSean Jackson once upon a time. He earned his nickname "MeSean" long b4 getting to Cal and was said to be a pain in the ass the entire time he was there. But nobody minded. I wonder why. There are a million examples of this. It varies from coach to coach, of course, but as an institution, Cal will take a head case. So will UCLA, UW and USC. The only program that, as an institutional culture, stays away from the difficult kids is Stanford, because that school is in its own academic league and is much harder to get through than the others ... even for athletes.

If Pete or Wilcox or Kelly didn't want Kayvon because of some personality quirk, which I don't believe in the case at least with Wilcox or Kelly, then stupid on them. It might be true for Pete, which if so is a shortcoming that several people here will attest to (hi @Dennis_DeYoung )

Generally speaking, there are a lot of reasons why a program won't go after a 5*, chief among them being the early communications with that prospect indicating that they have no real chance. Miami stopped recruiting Amari Cooper, who was in their backyard and who they knew well. Cooper was a decent kid, but he let it be known early on that he was Bama and it would be hard to undo it. Sometimes the staff will say, "fuck it. call him once in a while to check in but we have other things to worry about." And it's that simple.

I was there when Washington was great, and we? had all manner of shit going on with the football team ... all the tim. But within the football program, DJ was the boss and everybody knew it and so it wasn't a problem on Saturdays.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

1. Quooks were legitimately worried about Pittman decommitting if Kayvon committed to Oregon. It was on their boards. They have beef. Why nothing about Kayvon's commitment to Oregon on Pittman's Twitter if they're friends? Your video guy in SoCal told you what you wanted to hear.

Huh?

• Options

Huh?

Ruh Roh!

@BallSacked ,

please esplain.