Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL: Decommitment thread

Comments

• Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Duck fans - Oregon has 8 seniors on the roster. They have currently 20 commits with strong rumors of taking 24-25 players. That is -17 worse case scenario. How many players is Cristobal booting?

Right now there is one open spot, even if no one leaves. It helps that Crystalball played the year with a self-imposed 12-scholarship ban.
    What is your gut on Herbert, Mitchell and Dye?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

2001400ex said:

ntxduck said:

He’s good. Good pull.

Not an OKG. Strongarm didn't want him.
    I didn't want him, UW didn't want him, and USC didn't want him. But great pickup for Oregon no doubt. If you're in a position in which you have to take overrated guys that are soft and don't consistently play hard, Thibodeaux is the #1 guy available for a school like Oregon to get. Elite talent but the intangibles you're looking for like work ethic, effort, and attitude aren't there. You can bring a thorough bred to water but you can't make him drink. What's the over/under on how many years he's at Oregon before transferring to FSU?
    Elite spin zone artist right here.
    That's all straight up fact. UW and SC didn't want him and stopped recruiting him a long time ago. Did you miss the epic trashing of this kid on the Duck board by Biggins? He said he doesn't play hard, take entire halves off in games, and Kayvon's uncle said to him "I don't know what it's going to take to get this kid to play hard".
    So, then, why did Saban want him?

Does Saban not understand this college football thing as well as you, Peterman and the idiots at USC?
    I'm hearing Saban called him last night and said there was no room at Bama. Confirmed by his tweet saying he didn't know where he was going until that moment.
    This actually was a story over on educk today. According to a couple 247 guys, Saban told him he'd have to wait if he was planning on commiting to bama
    # 2 player in the country had to wait? For what?
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

ntxduck said:

He’s good. Good pull.

I didn't want him, UW didn't want him, and USC didn't want him. But great pickup for Oregon no doubt. If you're in a position in which you have to take overrated guys that are soft and don't consistently play hard, Thibodeaux is the #1 guy available for a school like Oregon to get. Elite talent but the intangibles you're looking for like work ethic, effort, and attitude aren't there. You can bring a thorough bred to water but you can't make him drink. What's the over/under on how many years he's at Oregon before transferring to FSU?
    That's all straight up fact. UW and SC didn't want him and stopped recruiting him a long time ago. Did you miss the epic trashing of this kid on the Duck board by Biggins? He said he doesn't play hard, take entire halves off in games, and Kayvon's uncle said to him "I don't know what it's going to take to get this kid to play hard".

Does Saban not understand this college football thing as well as you, Peterman and the idiots at USC?
    I'm hearing Saban called him last night and said there was no room at Bama. Confirmed by his tweet saying he didn't know where he was going until that moment.
    Sounds plausible.
  • Options

Duck fans - Oregon has 8 seniors on the roster. They have currently 20 commits with strong rumors of taking 24-25 players. That is -17 worse case scenario. How many players is Cristobal booting?

Right now there is one open spot, even if no one leaves. It helps that Crystalball played the year with a self-imposed 12-scholarship ban.
    You didn't axe me, but I think Herbert stays, Mitchell probably doesn't have a choice and Dye will LEAVE!

But I've been wrong a lot lately. See my Kayvon prediction.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

ntxduck said:

He’s good. Good pull.

Saban is recruiting at a level never seen before. He can afford to take a risk on head cases like Kayvon. If it works out great, he'd have another elite pass rusher. If it doesn't work out it doesn't matter, he'll just run him off and replace him with another 5-star DE in the next class. Saban also knows he has a championship culture and the most competitive roster in the country. If a guy like Kayvon goes to Bama and doesn't work hard and play hard, he'll get exposed real quick and either toughen up or be forced out. At Oregon, Kayvon's not going into a lion's den. He's going to think he's the big dawg on campus and isn't going to be be motivated to change his soft ways. Enjoy.
  • Options

You didn't axe me, but I think Herbert stays, Mitchell probably doesn't have a choice and Dye will LEAVE!

Herbert's gone which will motivate the others to jump shit as well knowing Oregon's gonna suck next season without him.
  • Options
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I think Herbert stays, but he’s the one of the three that would actually get paid real money. I think Dye is probably a late round pick if he goes this year or next. Mitchell seems 50/50, and if he gets a mid-round draft grade he’s probably gone.
  • Options

Herbert's gone which will motivate the others to jump shit as well knowing Oregon's gonna suck next season without him.
    I thought it would be better if Herbert stayed? Which is it?

You've been predicting a lot of shit lately. Let's see how much sticks super doog.

He's the #2 recruit in the country. It's killing you.
  • Options

Lol bet that fucked up their Kayvon buzz.
    Somehow I don't think so.

Such a doog.
  • Options

You've been predicting a lot of shit lately. Let's see how much sticks super doog.

Not at all. UW isn't just recruiting elite talent. They're recruiting real football players. Tough kids who put their egos aside and bust their asses. That's why we've have the best defense in the conference 4 years in a row. That's why we've won the conference title two out of the last three years. That's why our program is on the rise. Oregon is trying to catch up by gambling on a soft, lazy, diva and it's not gonna work. OKG's baby. They win championships and it kills you.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Lol bet that fucked up their Kayvon buzz.
    Not really...Oregon already locked up the #1 corner in the country. Good for Elijah, wishing him the best.
  • Options

Not at all. UW isn't just recruiting elite talent. They're recruiting real football players. Tough kids who put their egos aside and bust their asses. That's why we've have the best defense in the conference 4 years in a row. That's why we've won the conference title two out of the last three years. That's why our program is on the rise. Oregon is trying to catch up by gambling on a soft, lazy, diva and it's not gonna work. OKG's baby. They win championships and it kills you.
    No.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

StrongBallz shut up. They got a really fucking good player. We know that it's about getting the best players and developing them. That's all. They are getting great players.

But definitely LIPO on the developement part.
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Hearing they're just clearing space for Steele and Shopsher...
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2018
    Bandes didn't have a USC offer and we are thrilled he's coming here because he is fucking good. THIBS is fucking good, I'm not sure bama was really going to take him because they already have SIX edge rusher types committed. SIX bro.

Oregon got a good player but I'm not convinced Bama really was really going to take him.

Get Shopsher and I'll be damn impressed though.