Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL: Decommitment thread

Comments

• Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dhdawg said:

Great pull. Iron sharpens iron and having tosh raiding California is a seriously terrible development for the conference.

I just hope this doesn't build Oregon momentum that pulls Ford to Oregon

I don’t think so. Oregon is targeting Chris Steele and Ishmael Sopher. I think they are done at WR, and to be honest, I don’t think they were really in contention for Ford. Ford is a USC vs Washington battle. If he goes to USC, they’ll probably blow his talent. If he goes to UW, the kid will be special.
    If we? get Sophser, then we? are an SEC program when it comes to bagmen.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @ UW
    @ Stanford

Sex slaves to WAzzu until they aren't

Don't need to see the rest of their schedule to know a sark season is coming.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

dhdawg said:

Great pull. Iron sharpens iron and having tosh raiding California is a seriously terrible development for the conference.

I don’t think so. Oregon is targeting Chris Steele and Ishmael Sopher. I think they are done at WR, and to be honest, I don’t think they were really in contention for Ford. Ford is a USC vs Washington battle. If he goes to USC, they’ll probably blow his talent. If he goes to UW, the kid will be special.
    If you ain’t cheatin you ain’t tryin
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

ntxduck said:

He’s good. Good pull.

Not an OKG. Strongarm didn't want him.
    I didn't want him, UW didn't want him, and USC didn't want him. But great pickup for Oregon no doubt. If you're in a position in which you have to take overrated guys that are soft and don't consistently play hard, Thibodeaux is the #1 guy available for a school like Oregon to get. Elite talent but the intangibles you're looking for like work ethic, effort, and attitude aren't there. You can bring a thorough bred to water but you can't make him drink. What's the over/under on how many years he's at Oregon before transferring to FSU?
    I'm going to pass on the usual insults and ask you a straight forward question: how on earth do you suppose you know these things?
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    #1 player in the country and held 28 offers?

Chinteresting....
  • Options

ntxduck said:

He’s good. Good pull.

I didn't want him, UW didn't want him, and USC didn't want him. But great pickup for Oregon no doubt. If you're in a position in which you have to take overrated guys that are soft and don't consistently play hard, Thibodeaux is the #1 guy available for a school like Oregon to get. Elite talent but the intangibles you're looking for like work ethic, effort, and attitude aren't there. You can bring a thorough bred to water but you can't make him drink. What's the over/under on how many years he's at Oregon before transferring to FSU?
    Elite spin zone artist right here.
    That's all straight up fact. UW and SC didn't want him and stopped recruiting him a long time ago. Did you miss the epic trashing of this kid on the Duck board by Biggins? He said he doesn't play hard, take entire halves off in games, and Kayvon's uncle said to him "I don't know what it's going to take to get this kid to play hard".
    So, then, why did Saban want him?

Does Saban not understand this college football thing as well as you, Peterman and the idiots at USC?
  • Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

dhdawg said:

If you ain’t cheatin you ain’t tryin
    I believe the correct term is, “eating ain’t cheating, and everyone knows sucking ain’t fucking”
  • Options

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

He’s good. Good pull.

It's even dumber than I could have possibly imagined
    How'd Jalen Hall work out for ya? When an elite West coast talent isn't recruited by SC or UW you should probably take notice.
    Great sample size per usual.

Again, the question stands: why did Saban recruit him?

You know there are many reasons why a program doesn't go after a big recruit. Some of it is fit (and Peterman's OKG thing isn't everybody's favorite thing about him btw), and sometimes, they assess their odds and use their precious time and effort elsewhere.

This must be killing you.
  • Options
    SECGRIDIRONSECGRIDIRON Member Posts: 93
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper
    Ducks putting some good pieces together this recruiting season
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    PAC-12 north is going to be great the next few years. Washington, Oregon, Stanford and Leach.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

ntxduck said:

He’s good. Good pull.

That's all straight up fact. UW and SC didn't want him and stopped recruiting him a long time ago. Did you miss the epic trashing of this kid on the Duck board by Biggins? He said he doesn't play hard, take entire halves off in games, and Kayvon's uncle said to him "I don't know what it's going to take to get this kid to play hard".

Does Saban not understand this college football thing as well as you, Peterman and the idiots at USC?
    I'm hearing Saban called him last night and said there was no room at Bama. Confirmed by his tweet saying he didn't know where he was going until that moment.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2018
    "Hey Thibs, brother, you could go to Bama and potentially sit for awhile, but look at our shit show d line. You'd be a star here from the get go, brother."
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

"Hey Thibs, brotha, you could go to Bama and potentially $it for awhile, but look at our $hit $how d line. You'd be a $tar here from the get go, brotha."

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Domicillo said:

haie said:

"Hey Thibs, brotha, you could go to Bama and potentially $it for awhile, but look at our $hit $how d line. You'd be a $tar here from the get go, brotha."

No, he talks like a meathead mobster.

brother

like, "Brother, we're excited and humbled to be in this game. Great bowl, great city, great opponent, brother."
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

ntxduck said:

He’s good. Good pull.

I'm hearing Saban called him last night and said there was no room at Bama. Confirmed by his tweet saying he didn't know where he was going until that moment.
    This actually was a story over on educk today. According to a couple 247 guys, Saban told him he'd have to wait if he was planning on commiting to bama
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Duck fans - Oregon has 8 seniors on the roster. They have currently 20 commits with strong rumors of taking 24-25 players. That is -17 worse case scenario. How many players is Cristobal booting?
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Duck fans - Oregon has 8 seniors on the roster. They have currently 20 commits with strong rumors of taking 24-25 players. That is -17 worse case scenario. How many players is Cristobal booting?

Right now there is one open spot, even if no one leaves. It helps that Crystalball played the year with a self-imposed 12-scholarship ban.