Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The standards of success for Husky Football 2013

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Oh nice, Tailgater is here with his knowledgeable and always accurate insights. I can't wait for Section14A, Davef, and the rest of the gang to start posting here as well!

Diversity is good.

• Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Seems right but it will be a tough sell to the AD. If Sark gets canned, who replaces him?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DeepSeaZ said:

Seems right but it will be a tough sell to the AD. If Sark gets canned, who replaces him?

Mora, but his CONTRACT might be an issue. So I've heard.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    DeepSeaZ said:

As long as you have Woodward as the AD, you're just rearranging deck chairs.

He needs to go yesterday.

• Options
    ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic

DeepSeaZ said:

I think most would have to agree that Woodward deserves huge credit for the stadium project and facilitating the raising of the bar to get the assistant coaches. I thought Woodward was a bad hire but those are points that shows the AD does care about football. Now, I am concerned about how he will handle Sark.
  • Options

DeepSeaZ said:

I think most would have to agree that Woodward deserves huge credit for the stadium project and facilitating the raising of the bar to get the assistant coaches. I thought Woodward was a bad hire but those are points that shows the AD does care about football. Now, I am concerned about how he will handle Sark.
    Have you read anything Woodward has said about Sark and Romar...well...ever?

Woodward is managing straight out of the Marinerization playbook.
  • Options
    Actions > Words

Emmert for example said the right things then didn't take any action when it was needed. Woodie got the stadium project rolling and facilitated the hiring of top-line assistants...and I'll go one further and point out that Sark was probably his 5th choice. Emmert plunged this program deeper into the abyss when he pussied out of firing Losingham when Mora was there for the taking. But as I said, I dont have confidence in how Woodward will handle Sark.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,432
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RE: facilitated the hiring of top assistants.

The first best staff in America or the guys that replaced them and became the second best staff in America? I think both staffs are over rated. Pool boy threw money at a problem of his own making
  • Options
    Woodward is Emmert's pool boy. Trying to separate the two is Doogtarded.
  • Options

I like to stick to my talking points even though they are wrong and outdated.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,432
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Check the rules at the top of the board. TierbsHsotBoobs works hard on his outdated talking points and we're lucky to have them here.

Little early to claim pool boy isn't who we thought he was. He has UW on the hook for a quarter billion and a shitty team that won't fill it
  • Options

I like to stick to my talking points even though they are wrong and outdated.
    Please feel free to cite any outdated talking points.

Woodward is the guy who hired Sark and has defended his consistent mediocrity for the past four years.

Woodward himself is the guy who inspired the incremental progress joke of 7-6 > 7-6 > 7-6. That talking point is completely relevant.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The incremental progress comment after the AC is fucking stupid but what is he supposed to say publicly? We haven't improved in 3 years and need to win 9-10 next year? Other teams would use it against UW in recruiting. Again, actions > words.

Like I said, Woodie has actually done some good things and the pool boy moniker is silly at this point.

Going forward, its his #1 job to make sure there is a strong football program and that stadium is filled and I'm less confident about that.
  • Options

The incremental progress comment after the AC is fucking stupid but what is he supposed to say publicly? We haven't improved in 3 years and need to win 9-10 next year? Other teams would use it against UW in recruiting. Again, actions > words.

Like I said, Woodie has actually done some good things and the pool boy moniker is silly at this point.

Going forward, its his #1 job to make sure there is a strong football program and that stadium is filled and I'm less confident about that.

A real AD would have actually fired Sark's sorry ass at midfield of Martin Vandal Stadium after the Apple Cup to address that problem.

Woodward got his job by being a pool boy and continues to tolerate mediocrity because he's a pool boy.

HTH
  • Options
    73dawg73dawg Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    The key to a good season is not so much wins and losses, but how the dawgs compete against the tough teams. Even if they loose to Stanford, Oregon, ASU, Arizona, Ucla, if they make it competitive and close then it will be a sign that the program is on an upward spiral. If the blowouts continue , then Sark will really be on the hot seat. I see as most likely an 8-4 season. The key in the losses is how close are they.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    73dawg said:

The key to a good season is not so much wins and losses, but how the dawgs compete against the tough teams. Even if they loose to Stanford, Oregon, ASU, Arizona, Ucla, if they make it competitive and close then it will be a sign that the program is on an upward spiral. If the blowouts continue , then Sark will really be on the hot seat. I see as most likely an 8-4 season. The key in the losses is how close are they.

Some here will mock you for saying this, but I agree. While I do think Sark should have 4-6 more wins during his reign, the blowouts are what really piss me off. They are happening multiple times every season and they need to stop.

8-4 with no blowouts would be a huge step in the rifht direction where I could actually believe we could win 10 or 11 in 2014. Unfortunately, I know we will get blown out at least a couple times.

• Options

73dawg said:

Some here will mock you for saying this, but I agree. While I do think Sark should have 4-6 more wins during his reign, the blowouts are what really piss me off. They are happening multiple times every season and they need to stop.

8-4 with no blowouts would be a huge step in the rifht direction where I could actually believe we could win 10 or 11 in 2014. Unfortunately, I know we will get blown out at least a couple times.

8-4 with this schedule is still mediocre bullshit.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Actually boobs, it really depends. Say UW makes two more FGs and is 9-4 last year. Everyone would be saying its a top 20 team that would go 9-3 or 10-2. But, that would overlook the stats and metrics (like point differential) that say it was a mediocre, 7-5 team that would not be ready to improve in terms of W/L.

Texas A&M was 7-6 in 2011 but their point differential was +11ppg. They had numerous very close losses. Thus, they were in position to make a significant jump in W/L the next season.

If you are 8-4 and +5ppg then thats mediocre. But if UW is 8-4 and average +13ppg then that is considerable improvement.

However, 8 wins is the worst fucking outcome possible. 7 and theres a decent chance Sark is gone. 9 and thats enough to have another solid recruiting class which would give you two in a row (09-12 classes were mediocre as a whole, last one was good) and raise expectations to 10 wins & Pac12 north title in 2014. 8 wins placates the fag fans, the media, takes pressure off the AD and confirms that mushrooms will grow out of my ass before Sark ever catches a whiff of whats needed to field and coach a championship squad.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Actually boobs, it really depends. Say UW makes two more FGs and is 9-4 last year. Everyone would be saying its a top 20 team that would go 9-3 or 10-2. But, that would overlook the stats and metrics (like point differential) that say it was a mediocre, 7-5 team that would not be ready to improve in terms of W/L.

Texas A&M was 7-6 in 2011 but their point differential was +11ppg. They had numerous very close losses. Thus, they were in position to make a significant jump in W/L the next season.

If you are 8-4 and +5ppg then thats mediocre. But if UW is 8-4 and average +13ppg then that is considerable improvement.

However, 8 wins is the worst fucking outcome possible. 7 and theres a decent chance Sark is gone. 9 and thats enough to have another solid recruiting class which would give you two in a row (09-12 classes were mediocre as a whole, last one was good) and raise expectations to 10 wins & Pac12 north title in 2014. 8 wins placates the fag fans, the media, takes pressure off the AD and confirms that mushrooms will grow out of my ass before Sark ever catches a whiff of whats needed to field and coach a championship squad.

Exactly. In 2011 the doogs said 7 wins showed progress. They were ecstatic hat the team started 6-2. The metics said bullshit. The schedule was front loaded with the easier games. The Arizona game was won with the luckiest, most improbable interception ever that got them to "house money". They were crushed by Nebraska , Stanford Oregon, USC, And Oregon State. Sark wasn't the problem they said, it was Holt who previously was known as the best DC in America. But they got 7 wins. You're right, this year if they get to 8, you should start farming mushrooms from your ass. I would even say start that up if they get to 7.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2013
    Any way you look at it, Sark is not likely to meet any of our expectations. Does anybody really believe we will start playing well on the road? Does anyone believe we won't get blown out a couple of times this year? This year is going to be no different than any other year under Sark. We will win a really tough game or two, lose an unfathomable game, get blown out a couple times and call it a season with a record of 7-6. All we can do is pray a change happens after the season.