Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The standards of success for Husky Football 2013

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Sark has talked himself into a corner. Expectations are higher than people here think. He will get fired if he goes 7-6.

Totally disagree. The AD and the fans will accept the excuse du jour.

• DisplacedDawgDisplacedDawg Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2013
    Sadly, I think Sark will get another year regardless of his record. The drumbeat will be that the roster is young and he is still recruiting the talent for his system. We've heard it all before.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Sadly, I think Sark will get another year regardless of his record. The drumbeat will be that the roster is young and he is still recruiting the talent for his system. We've heard it all before.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Same as it ever was until the coach fires himself.
  • section8section8 Member Posts: 1,581
    Meek said:

if you can't see how Woody front loaded the schedule to ensure he gets his own extra year and mind-numbing severance check then I can't help you.

Unfortunately the front loaded schedules will probably give him the next two years.
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    Really? Do you know something we don't?

Please god, let me be as negative as Grinolds says and the truth is Cream Puff gets crap canned with 7 wins.

Sark has talked himself into a corner. Expectations are higher than people here think. He will get fired if he goes 7-6.

• ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    edited March 2013
    Let me clarify...7-5 he'd get another year unless the bowl game is a disaster...6-6 I highly doubt it.

Displaced, we watched the 07 ASU game together and afterwords you thought they'd never fire Ty. I said it would happen the next season. Almost both of us were wrong if Emmert would have followed thru with his initial firing.

If they are 6-6, Sark will be fired for financial reasons alone...the big money will be pissed...no one is donating after four years of no improvement with an unproven coach in a new expensive stadium. Plus Fleenor thinks Sark won't be fired anytime soon. I rest my case.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club

Let me clarify...7-5 he'd get another year...6-6 I highly doubt it.

Displaced, we watched the 07 ASU game together and afterwords you thought they'd never fire Ty. I said it would happen the next season. Almost both of us were wrong if Emmert would have followed thru with his initial firing.

If they are 7-5 or 6-6, Sark will be fired for financial reasons alone...the big money will be pissed...no one is donating after four years of no improvement with an unproven coach in a new expensive stadium. Plus Fleenor thinks Sark won't be fired anytime soon. I rest my case.

Fleens heard about Sark getting fired during the battle of Jericho from his Jewish accountant guy
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

Let me clarify...7-5 he'd get another year...6-6 I highly doubt it.

If they are 7-5 or 6-6, Sark will be fired for financial reasons alone...the big money will be pissed...no one is donating after four years of no improvement with an unproven coach in a new expensive stadium. Plus Fleenor thinks Sark won't be fired anytime soon. I rest my case.

I'm glad you clarified.

A few things needed to be cleaned up.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,354 Founders Club

Let me clarify...7-5 he'd get another year unless the bowl game is a disaster...6-6 I highly doubt it.

yes but it took an 0-12 season for Ty to fire himself. I remember the pre-season scuttlebutt on KJR in August 2008 speculating that Ty could keep his job even with a 5-7 or 4-8 season.... And had he gone 5-7 he would have almost definitely kept his job.
  • section8section8 Member Posts: 1,581
    To many people prioritize kick ass pressers, access to practices and glad handing coaches over winning. Don't get it, there are doogs that wouldn't trade Sark for Nick Saban and a guaranteed national championship.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,354 Founders Club
    Not to mention the Dawgman.com columns in 2008 from Dick Baird and Chris Fetters talking about how counter productive it was to fire coaches and that Willingham's great recruiting class needed a chance to mature.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,898 Founders Club

Not to mention the Dawgman.com columns in 2008 from Dick Baird and Chris Fetters talking about how counter productive it was to fire coaches and that Willingham's great recruiting class needed a chance to mature.

It's counter productive to not fire the wrong coach. Of course, it's counter productive to hire that coach in the first place which UW has done 3 times in a row now.

• DisplacedDawgDisplacedDawg Member Posts: 42

If they are 6-6, Sark will be fired for financial reasons alone...the big money will be pissed...no one is donating after four years of no improvement with an unproven coach in a new expensive stadium. Plus Fleenor thinks Sark won't be fired anytime soon. I rest my case.

I didn't think our friend Tawd had the cajones to fire Ty and if the story about him defying ME's order to do so is accurate, it appears that is true. Woody might be quicker on the trigger than Tawd, but I think if the administration can find any excuse for another .500 season (injuries, youth, etc...), they will give Sark another year. I hope Woody proves me wrong, but the past dozen years have left me less than optimistic.

• Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    I certainly don't know, but I think fan expectations are so low/non existent that as long as the ticket sales go well, he's here forever.

I lost trust in the deep pocket donors a long, long time ago. Rick Redmond and others had wet pants over Ty? Then they give us Cream Puff? I truly believe Husky football is dead until proven otherwise. I see not one spec of hope anywhere in the administration or with the major supporters.

If Cream Puff were in the SEC, coaching a near top tier team like Georgia or So. Carolina he'd been run out of town after the Alamo Bowl. LSU, AL, or Florida would have flushed him after the second year. Of course they wouldn't have hired a nobody with no experience either.

If Washington was still a major program, which clearly it's not, Cream Puff's name would on everyone's shit or get off the pot hot seat list. We are now Cal north.....nice stadium, at best an average program.

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    whoever has last say at youdubb isn't really a football girl so the reality is, until woody is gassed, then sark is here to stay. no way we have a coaching change for at least 2 more seasons.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    We need stability. Cambodia hasn't been the same since they fired Pol Pot

We need stability. Cambodia hasn't been the same since they fired Pol Pot

did Pol Pot give his people timeouts and suck up to the Soviet Union?
    After almost being fired in 07, I highly doubt 5-7 would have kept Tyroan in 08 but feel free to think that way. Dawgman is not representative of the fan base...its actually become way more pussified than the fan base.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

After almost being fired in 07, I highly doubt 5-7 would have kept Tyroan in 08 but feel free to think that way. Dawgman is not representative of the fan base...its actually become way more pussified than the fan base.

You are the vocal minority.