Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The standards of success for Husky Football 2013

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Let me clarify...7-5 he'd get another year unless the bowl game is a disaster...6-6 I highly doubt it.

Displaced, we watched the 07 ASU game together....

You're DisplacedDawgs dad?
  • Options
    ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic

Let me clarify...7-5 he'd get another year unless the bowl game is a disaster...6-6 I highly doubt it.

Displaced, we watched the 07 ASU game together....

You're DisplacedDawgs dad?

No, just some guy he met at a 7-11
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,246
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Sark has talked himself into a corner. Expectations are higher than people here think. He will get fired if he goes 7-6.

I know it's not the company line in here, but I think you're right, especially if the pattern of blowout losses continues.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,552
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sark has talked himself into a corner. Expectations are higher than people here think. He will get fired if he goes 7-6.

I know it's not the company line in here, but I think you're right, especially if the pattern of blowout losses continues.

If you want to talk about a company line here that's fine. If you don't toe it, your gone.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,552
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My opinion is that that administration is as fucked up as ever and whether sark stays or goes doesn't matter as long as pool boy is picking the next loser. If he wins 8 and gets blown out 4 times they start work on his statue
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,476
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

If he wins 8 and gets blown out 4 times they start work on his statue

Don't forget a 4-year rolling contract with a buyout so big, Fleens, AASSHAT, and Harv won't even have enough combined nickels to get rid of him.
  • Options
    Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    A balanced opinion. I sure hope you're right Rebel Dawg.

• Options

Good point about blowouts.
  • Options
    DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    Testing 1 First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    A 9 or 10 win season was there for the taking this year. Protect the ball against a mediocre USC team. Show up against a mediocre Errorzona (LOL!) team. Apple Cup. My goodness. Apple Cup. Between that and the bowl game you've got four games. If Washington wins two of them, you're at 9-4, and everybody's happy. 9-4 in year 4 would've been great progress. Instead, 7-6. Again.

Agree. And for as much shit as we give Sark, a 9 or 10 win season is there for the taking.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,998
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited March 2013
    section8 said:

A large part of the fan base consider 6-6 and a shitty bowl game to be winning.

Disagree

Most people want better than that and expect it * eventually *...

What I've noticed is that the Doogs are into excuse making, and they're usually spoonfed said excuses from most of the Suckattle media. Since most of them don't have (m)any critical thinking skills, they accept these excuses. Every. Year. It's always going to be better next year, 2014, and in some cases now it's 2018 or 2019.

Also, I think some of our opinions are a little skewed from all the heavy handed propagandizing done by Kim (and some others). In other words, there are more people with views that are more or less in line with HHBs than we might perceive, but they've been silenced or ostracized to the point where they don't give their opinions much. They end up on sites like this or Dawgbored....and to be fair, some of the guys on Dawgbored need to leave the basement once in a while...

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Suckattle! LOL!1!
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Not so sure, the completely non-scientific survey of people that I was sitting near last year, talk to at work or in bars etc... all seem to be pretty happy with "winning" seasons of 6-6- or 7-5 as long as there's a bowl game. There are definitely those out there that doog it up but ultimately want to see the expectations at 10+ wins but that really seems to be a minority at this point and I do agree that the media in this town which seem to hate winners really don't help.

The great irony is that more people would probably subscribe to Doogman if they actually had the balls to call out the lack of performance rather than making continuous excuses and revising history to match the product on the field or at least not go out of their way to cater to the whiny pussies that can't handle someone making fun of them on the internets.

One can only hope that people paying out the nose for Tyee donations and a new stadium will start to ask why the team is stuck in the middle but my guess is that average performance boosted by a bunch of patsy non-conference games and weak bowls will keep the coaching staff mostly intact for the next couple years.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    "One can only hope that people paying out the nose for Tyee donations and a new stadium will start to ask why the team is stuck in the middle but my guess is that average performance boosted by a bunch of patsy non-conference games and weak bowls will keep the coaching staff mostly intact for the next couple years. "

I'm here aren't I? What more do you want from me?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

"One can only hope that people paying out the nose for Tyee donations and a new stadium will start to ask why the team is stuck in the middle but my guess is that average performance boosted by a bunch of patsy non-conference games and weak bowls will keep the coaching staff mostly intact for the next couple years. "

Why do you hate money?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Why do you hate money?
    Because when I was a kid, on crisp fall afternoons I went to games with my Dad. Or someone who looked like him and didn't work shift work. (But was still a TUFF liberal who would SMASH your FACE in)

• Options
    edited March 2013

section8 said:

A large part of the fan base consider 6-6 and a shitty bowl game to be winning.

Disagree

Most people want better than that and expect it * eventually *...

What I've noticed is that the Doogs are into excuse making, and they're usually spoonfed said excuses from most of the Suckattle media. Since most of them don't have (m)any critical thinking skills, they accept these excuses. Every. Year. It's always going to be better next year, 2014, and in some cases now it's 2018 or 2019.

Also, I think some of our opinions are a little skewed from all the heavy handed propagandizing done by Kim (and some others). In other words, there are more people with views that are more or less in line with HHBs than we might perceive, but they've been silenced or ostracized to the point where they don't give their opinions much. They end up on sites like this or Dawgbored....and to be fair, some of the guys on Dawgbored need to leave the basement once in a while...

The average fan's views are closer to HHB's than Dawgman's. Probably not heading into the AC, but after the last two games, definitely.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,264
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Judging from the comments on Condotta's blog, the expectations are increasing. There are still plenty of Doogs rationalizing everything from 0-12 to UW is so damn young....again but there is an increasing amount of people saying 9-10 wins as the norm from here on and no more blowouts.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Judging from the comments on Condotta's blog, the expectations are increasing. There are still plenty of Doogs rationalizing everything from 0-12 to UW is so damn young....again but there is an increasing amount of people saying 9-10 wins as the norm from here on and no more blowouts.

Those fuckers are following the Auburndawg script:

High expectations in March and lots of excuses in December.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,667
    Founders Club
    edited March 2013

That's exactly my concern.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

AuburnDave is the worst kind of Husky fan.