Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Attention Jen Cohen

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited October 2018
    Crawfish said:

Coach Pete seems happy with the atmosphere at Husky Stadium.

Compared to Boise?
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,091
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

So the game times definitely probably have an effect. If they are having an effect on actual season ticket holders attending games, they are impacting people considering going to the games. Take into account the price of tickets (a friend was in the last row of north upper deck for $65), with no game time announced until 7 days, sometimes 5 days before, is going to turn away people from purchasing tickets. If I'm a dawg fan, but has kids, 7:30 kick offs are probably a non starter. Either you're bringing the kids or trying to find a sitter for a return post midnight. Baby sitters aint cheap either. If you are strongly considering the game a couple weeks out but don't have a game time to plan accordingly, you aren't going to buy tickets, and your impulse to buy the week of the game probably strongly diminishes. No other entertainment, or sports outside of playoffs is this an issue. College basketball is scheduled ahead of time, with game times.

As for in stadium, just sell some beer. It is amazing how people can't arrive on time to even a 7:30 game. You had almost all day to get there.

I would’ve enjoyed this poast more if you included pics of babysitters.

Wood?

Wood!
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

So the game times definitely probably have an effect. If they are having an effect on actual season ticket holders attending games, they are impacting people considering going to the games. Take into account the price of tickets (a friend was in the last row of north upper deck for $65), with no game time announced until 7 days, sometimes 5 days before, is going to turn away people from purchasing tickets. If I'm a dawg fan, but has kids, 7:30 kick offs are probably a non starter. Either you're bringing the kids or trying to find a sitter for a return post midnight. Baby sitters aint cheap either. If you are strongly considering the game a couple weeks out but don't have a game time to plan accordingly, you aren't going to buy tickets, and your impulse to buy the week of the game probably strongly diminishes. No other entertainment, or sports outside of playoffs is this an issue. College basketball is scheduled ahead of time, with game times.

As for in stadium, just sell some beer. It is amazing how people can't arrive on time to even a 7:30 game. You had almost all day to get there.

I would’ve enjoyed this poast more if you included pics of babysitters.

Wood?

Wood!
    No doubt

• Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Pete knows this place is suffering from rosy retrospection.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,139
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Crawfish said:

Pete didn't say anything about the atmosphere.

And you think Pete's gonna tweet "hey jerk offs, how about actually showing up by kickoff and looking at the field instead of your phones? Holy fuckall!"
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Crawfish said:

And you think Pete's gonna tweet "hey jerk offs, how about actually showing up by kickoff and looking at the field instead of your phones? Holy fuckall!"
    I thought the atmosphere was actually pretty good. People hanging out at tailgates and not even showing up until after the games starts though is pretty poor. It's almost like the tailgate is the main event with the game being an afterthought while the reverse is true for the serious football bluebloods.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,139
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    whuggy said:

Crawfish said:

I thought the atmosphere was actually pretty good. People hanging out at tailgates and not even showing up until after the games starts though is pretty poor. It's almost like the tailgate is the main event with the game being an afterthought while the reverse is true for the serious football bluebloods.
    I've heard differing opinions on the atmosphere Saturday, but that's good to hear.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    whuggy said:

Crawfish said:

You just described Ole Miss football.

SAD.