Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Attention Jen Cohen

Comments

• Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    section8 said:

Fire the band director and bring someone in who has the awareness to not start Go Huskies cheers when we're on offense. Maybe someone new won't recycle the same old shit halftime shows they've done for 10 years.

Oh, and if you're doing a tribute to Musical Theater and BYU is there at least cover Book of Mormon.

Fuck all that..bring in Blake Shelton, Luke Bryant, Jason Aldeen, Carrie Underiwouldlovetosee, etc...
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,549
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

CaptainPJ said:

I think she should return the “highlights” of Steve Pool and his family responsibly recycling.

That tore the roof off the place!!

God Seattle sucks

Here's how stupid UW is with this shit. People in Seattle already go an extra mile to recycle. They don't need video of Steve Pool and his smoking hot daughters telling us to recycle. What we need is videos of Husky Legends telling the crowd to stand up and cheer like crazy. Talk about how back in 1990, Todd Marinovich only saw purple and couldn't hear shit on the field. That's the lesson to teach our? fans.

We could use videos of Steve Pool's daughters having a pillow fight or something.
    ykw
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Everyone here arguing that it can't be fixed is a fucking retarded idiot and should light themselves on fire.

Yeah, it's so hard to get people to watch great football. Our AD's marketing department doesn't understand marketing, branding or gameday experiences. You think it's so fucking amazing in SEC country against a BYU level opponent? Guess what? It's not.

You guys are seriously fucking stupid. The #1 hallmark of stupidity is 'it is the way it is and I can't imagine it any other way, so i'm just going to repeat reasons that I think it is the way it is without having any knowledge or proof'.

Fuck off with that shit. If they did this right we would have a 10 year waiting list for tickets.

You guys are fucking defeatist morons. Half the fucking people here don't go to the games.

I'm sorry everyone here is fucking stupid, but it doesn't mean you can't fix Husky football you fucking clowns.

I'll take the bait.

What would you do if you were AD tomorrow?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,533
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

Everyone here arguing that it can't be fixed is a fucking retarded idiot and should light themselves on fire.

Yeah, it's so hard to get people to watch great football. Our AD's marketing department doesn't understand marketing, branding or gameday experiences. You think it's so fucking amazing in SEC country against a BYU level opponent? Guess what? It's not.

You guys are seriously fucking stupid. The #1 hallmark of stupidity is 'it is the way it is and I can't imagine it any other way, so i'm just going to repeat reasons that I think it is the way it is without having any knowledge or proof'.

Fuck off with that shit. If they did this right we would have a 10 year waiting list for tickets.

You guys are fucking defeatist morons. Half the fucking people here don't go to the games.

I'm sorry everyone here is fucking stupid, but it doesn't mean you can't fix Husky football you fucking clowns.

I'll take the bait.

What would you do if you were AD tomorrow?
    Already covered in their pre-Utah podcast
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    NCAAF attendance is falling everywhere.

Good article here(short)

http://thecomeback.com/ncaa/college-football-attendance-alcohol-sales.html
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    At this point the AD needs to be focused on one thing above the rest - getting the fans drunker. Those who stay usually sober up (since only a small percentage of us smuggle our booze in) and don’t bother making any noise. Those who want to drink leave the stadium and don’t return. And frankly a lot of our fans just suck. They’ll suck a lot less and the place will get a hell of a lot rowdier if we actually prioritize selling them booze. Then with the increased alcohol revenue we can scrap the shitty TV break gimmicks and every other “filler” promo that just clutters the experience.
  • Options
    LuxrayBeatsLuxrayBeats Member Posts: 91
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    Part of it has the be the amount of penalties. They slow down the game, to the point of making it unwatchable some times. Commercial breaks also kill the experience of watching the game live, as us in the stadium are forced to watch geeky students flounder around in whatever retarded beanbag toss derivative the geniuses behind this shit come up with.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
    TommySQC said:

HuskyJW said:

I hear that you're frustrated with home attendance. Here's an idea for you to try without making wholesale changes until you see that it works (and it will).

Next season have a "Turn Back the Clock" game at Husky Stadium. Don't have any piped in techno or rap music in the stadium. Let the marching band provide 100% of the music on the day. Don't have flashing lights pulsating throughout the stadium. Have the players wear throwback uniforms. Do little things to generate a college football environment instead of the NFL/WWF type of product you have now. You know exactly what I'm talking about because you experienced it too. Bring the soul back to Husky Stadium.

You misspelled "lower the fucking ticket prices"
    Christ. You telling me that an area of 4 million people cannot find 72k people willing to shell out $80 to watch a top 10 team?

This is exactly why the entire west coast sucks ass and will never be like the SEC. They will always get the worst TV deal and times because of this shit. That's fine but don't fucking bitch about 7:30 starts. That's what you get and like Herbie says, you are lucky they acknowledge you at all.
    TommySQC said:

These are all things we gave up to keep pace with college football today.

I hate the banners but they pay the bills. I miss old shaking Husky Stadium but it was a dump. The old uniforms wouldn't sell to recruits today.

You guys sound old poor and white.

TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

These are all things we gave up to keep pace with college football today.

I hate the banners but they pay the bills. I miss old shaking Husky Stadium but it was a dump. The old uniforms wouldn't sell to recruits today.

You guys sound old poor and white.

The evidence is literally the opposite. Teams with more modern uniforms recruit worse. Moreso after controlling for win percentages.
    so go back to the 91 unis?

Washington is not Bama SC or even Penn St. Genie was out of the bottle years ago.
    It infuriates me that people are chinning these posts. You shrivel dicked, beta pussies.

Sounds like I care.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    edited October 2018

Show us your sloppy tits

Fixed.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Basically what I’m hearing in this thread is that it’s impossible to please every fan in Husky Stadium because they all care about different shit.

But there is some “no brained” stuff we can all agree on:
    -Sell beer in the damn stadium, not the Zone.
    -Fix the cell/internet connectivity
    -Less shitty promos
    -Stop fucking with tailgating
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I

Make being loud at games the standard again.

I stopped going to games after being told for the 80th time to sit down during key 3rd downs. It's no fun to have the people around you get pissed for being an enthusiastic fan.

I tried to have five the old bastard behind me after a big play last week...he just angirly stares at me and yells "I can't seeee!"

So throughout the rest of the game I would randomly shout "I can't see" when it was quiet and nothing was going on...

Get your ass up and screaming or GTFO.

Make being loud at games the standard again.

I stopped going to games after being told for the 80th time to sit down during key 3rd downs. It's no fun to have the people around you get pissed for being an enthusiastic fan.

I tried to have five the old bastard behind me after a big play last week...he just angirly stares at me and yells "I can't seeee!"

So throughout the rest of the game I would randomly shout "I can't see" when it was quiet and nothing was going on...

Get your ass up and screaming or GTFO.
    I don’t get the “you’re not a real fan unless you stand up all game” bullshit. When the offense has the ball first and 10 from their 25 and run one up the middle why the need to go nuts and act like it’s the play of the year? Plus half of the fucking idiots standing the whole game aren’t even watching the game. Their fucking with their phones and chit chatting most of the time. Fuck them.
    I never said you're not a real fan unless you stand up all game. I don't stand all game. I stand on key plays and make noise when it benefits our D. I stand and celebrate with my buddies and others around me after big plays. I never old-man attack someone for standing and cheering. All the "down in front" downers can fuck off.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,551
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

We had an intern at my company that is currently going to UW and I asked him what he thought about the gameday experience and what could be done to improve things and he said the AD tries too hard. College kids want the 12:30 kickoffs back (late enough to sleep in, yet the game is done early enough to go out and party on a Saturday), and really good internet access for their smartphones. That’s it. Not rocket science.

I say this because the AD, by chasing after the young ones with things they *think* they want but don’t, has needlessly antagonized the rest of the fan base. I don’t see any harm in trying the throwback night (I went to a Mariners game years ago and they did something similar ー it was a big success).

3:30 or like 4 pm kickoffs are the best. You can get fucking destroyed at the tailgate enough time to sober up a lil bit to party.
    We’ll have to agree to disagree on that. Forgetting the post game party piece, having the 12:30 start time was nice for fans from other parts of the state to get home at a sane hour (this isn’t just the old folks, this is young families - I’m originally from eastern Washington and I’m willing to bet my two dads would’ve taken me to far fewer games growing up if there had been constant later kickoffs). Plus it would be nice if East Coast fans didn’t have to watch our games so late.
    I want to black at half. Fuck off. 12:30 doesn’t give me time to recover in the morning from friday night.
    Hate to break this to you, but...

You're a poor, dipshit teeny bopper. Your demo is not the group who buys expensive seats. NO(in the athletic dept)GAF if you attend the games.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I know that this doesn't add anything to the conversation, but the WWF hasn't been around for a long time. It's WWE.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

We had an intern at my company that is currently going to UW and I asked him what he thought about the gameday experience and what could be done to improve things and he said the AD tries too hard. College kids want the 12:30 kickoffs back (late enough to sleep in, yet the game is done early enough to go out and party on a Saturday), and really good internet access for their smartphones. That’s it. Not rocket science.

I say this because the AD, by chasing after the young ones with things they *think* they want but don’t, has needlessly antagonized the rest of the fan base. I don’t see any harm in trying the throwback night (I went to a Mariners game years ago and they did something similar ー it was a big success).

3:30 or like 4 pm kickoffs are the best. You can get fucking destroyed at the tailgate enough time to sober up a lil bit to party.
    We’ll have to agree to disagree on that. Forgetting the post game party piece, having the 12:30 start time was nice for fans from other parts of the state to get home at a sane hour (this isn’t just the old folks, this is young families - I’m originally from eastern Washington and I’m willing to bet my two dads would’ve taken me to far fewer games growing up if there had been constant later kickoffs). Plus it would be nice if East Coast fans didn’t have to watch our games so late.
    I want to black at half. Fuck off. 12:30 doesn’t give me time to recover in the morning from friday night.
    Hate to break this to you, but...

You're a poor, dipshit teeny bopper. Your demo is not the group who buys expensive seats. NO(in the athletic dept)GAF if you attend the games.
    So the AD doesn’t want a student section? Yeah great idea.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,602
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I'm getting the feeling thar Derek is close to getting Jen to show him her tits

No real reason, just a feeling
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    The WiFi has been incredbile this season. Best I’ve experienced at any stadium I’ve been to. Flawless.

Everything else sucks because no one in our AD, aside from our AD, is a Washington fan DAMNIT!