Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Attention Jen Cohen

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,186
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    TommySQC said:

HuskyJW said:

I hear that you're frustrated with home attendance. Here's an idea for you to try without making wholesale changes until you see that it works (and it will).

Next season have a "Turn Back the Clock" game at Husky Stadium. Don't have any piped in techno or rap music in the stadium. Let the marching band provide 100% of the music on the day. Don't have flashing lights pulsating throughout the stadium. Have the players wear throwback uniforms. Do little things to generate a college football environment instead of the NFL/WWF type of product you have now. You know exactly what I'm talking about because you experienced it too. Bring the soul back to Husky Stadium.

You misspelled "lower the fucking ticket prices"
    Christ. You telling me that an area of 4 million people cannot find 72k people willing to shell out $80 to watch a top 10 team?

This is exactly why the entire west coast sucks ass and will never be like the SEC. They will always get the worst TV deal and times because of this shit. That's fine but don't fucking bitch about 7:30 starts. That's what you get and like Herbie says, you are lucky they acknowledge you at all.
    I don't think you know how Tyee works
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2018
    I

Make being loud at games the standard again.

I stopped going to games after being told for the 80th time to sit down during key 3rd downs. It's no fun to have the people around you get pissed for being an enthusiastic fan.

I tried to have five the old bastard behind me after a big play last week...he just angirly stares at me and yells "I can't seeee!"

So throughout the rest of the game I would randomly shout "I can't see" when it was quiet and nothing was going on...

Get your ass up and screaming or GTFO.

I stopped going to games after being told for the 80th time to sit down during key 3rd downs. It's no fun to have the people around you get pissed for being an enthusiastic fan.

I tried to have five the old bastard behind me after a big play last week...he just angirly stares at me and yells "I can't seeee!"

So throughout the rest of the game I would randomly shout "I can't see" when it was quiet and nothing was going on...

Get your ass up and screaming or GTFO.
    I don’t get the “you’re not a real fan unless you stand up all game” bullshit. When the offense has the ball first and 10 from their 25 and run one up the middle why the need to go nuts and act like it’s the play of the year? Plus half of the fucking idiots standing the whole game aren’t even watching the game. Their fucking with their phones and chit chatting most of the time. Fuck them.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fuck the old fuckers at husky stadium. I’ve been a few times and gotten death stares for making noise on 1st down. We need to market to the south sounders and maple valley hicks better. Those fuckers will bring it.

Yeah, just what is needed, a bunch of fucking idiot 12s.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Fuck the old fuckers at husky stadium. I’ve been a few times and gotten death stares for making noise on 1st down. We need to market to the south sounders and maple valley hicks better. Those fuckers will bring it.

At least they make noise unlike these pussy 70+ yr old alums.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

At least they make noise unlike these pussy 70+ yr old alums.
    Christ.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wow. Look at those packed stands in 2000 when UW came out of the tunnel in a huge game vs #4 Miami during the day.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4cV6UPnG7Ow#
  • Options

Wow. Look at those packed stands in 2000 when UW came out of the tunnel in a huge game vs #4 Miami during the day.

Most of the people who attend games should be in an old folks home.
  • Options

Paul Arnold had the vision of a fucking mole jesus christ.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,985
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

Former Husky Band icon and current Husky Band Alumni legend here.

The problem is that you have “gameday advisors,” or whatever the fuck they’re called, telling Cohen this is what people want in the stadium now, specifically anyone under 45. I don’t think the band providing 100% of the music would affect much since UW is not in the Big-10 and still struggles to find a consistent in-stadium atmosphere (fight song after every score). The PAC-12 just doesn’t have iconic bands with the exception of USC and Stanford.

It is the kickoff time and ticket prices that’s really about it. Band helps, but it’s supplementary.

Sweet!! We need more superiority guys in various fields.

Did you play the flute?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,533
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Maple Valley/South South 16-35 demographic is never coming to Husky Stadium.

They don't identify with anything Washington, neither they nor their family members went to the school, and Seattle won a super bowl recently.

It's a waste of time trying to market to them.

The Alumni and educated people living in the area that are transplants or went to a non-rival school will pay for 5-6 tickets plus concession and some merch to take their families to a family-friendly football experience. And that's really who the AD is trying to get anyways. There's a higher ceiling there and it's the image the AD and college wants.

I will say as someone who frequents the Moda Garden for Blazer games, having an in-stadium pub like they do here with Widmer/10 Barrel would bring in the 25-40 crowd even if they wouldn't care about the game itself.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Skin

MelloDawg said:

The problem is that you have “gameday advisors,” or whatever the fuck they’re called, telling Cohen this is what people want in the stadium now, specifically anyone under 45. I don’t think the band providing 100% of the music would affect much since UW is not in the Big-10 and still struggles to find a consistent in-stadium atmosphere (fight song after every score). The PAC-12 just doesn’t have iconic bands with the exception of USC and Stanford.

It is the kickoff time and ticket prices that’s really about it. Band helps, but it’s supplementary.

Did you play the flute?
    Skin.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,533
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Skin

MelloDawg said:

Did you play the flute?
    Skin.
    I think Mike is trying to say that Mello played the skin flute for the Husky band, with his mouth.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HuskyJW said:

TommySQC said:

HuskyJW said:

I hear that you're frustrated with home attendance. Here's an idea for you to try without making wholesale changes until you see that it works (and it will).

Next season have a "Turn Back the Clock" game at Husky Stadium. Don't have any piped in techno or rap music in the stadium. Let the marching band provide 100% of the music on the day. Don't have flashing lights pulsating throughout the stadium. Have the players wear throwback uniforms. Do little things to generate a college football environment instead of the NFL/WWF type of product you have now. You know exactly what I'm talking about because you experienced it too. Bring the soul back to Husky Stadium.

You misspelled "lower the fucking ticket prices"
    Christ. You telling me that an area of 4 million people cannot find 72k people willing to shell out $80 to watch a top 10 team?

This is exactly why the entire west coast sucks ass and will never be like the SEC. They will always get the worst TV deal and times because of this shit. That's fine but don't fucking bitch about 7:30 starts. That's what you get and like Herbie says, you are lucky they acknowledge you at all.
    I don't think you know how Tyee works
    Oh Jesus Fucking Christ. Plus Tyee donation.

Is it important to you or not? Don't sit there and tell me you spend all this time here and everywhere else UW related but won't spend the cash. That's your prerogative but then STFU when it comes to how the P12 gets treated by the rest of the country.
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    They need to find a way to get people to leave their tailgates on time. Seems like low hanging fruit and would be a good place to start. Maybe some fireworks or something.