Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Attention Jen Cohen

Comments

• Options
    LuxrayBeatsLuxrayBeats Member Posts: 91
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    I for one, would love throwback uniforms. Sounds like it wont happen though, since so many fans bitched about the all purple uniforms (which I thought were cool) that Coach Pete is now scared to try anything different.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,978
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Maple Valley/South South 16-35 demographic is never coming to Husky Stadium.

They don't identify with anything Washington, neither they nor their family members went to the school, and Seattle won a super bowl recently.

It's a waste of time trying to market to them.

The Alumni and educated people living in the area that are transplants or went to a non-rival school will pay for 5-6 tickets plus concession and some merch to take their families to a family-friendly football experience. And that's really who the AD is trying to get anyways. There's a higher ceiling there and it's the image the AD and college wants.

I will say as someone who frequents the Moda Garden for Blazer games, having an in-stadium pub like they do here with Widmer/10 Barrel would bring in the 25-40 crowd even if they wouldn't care about the game itself.

A South Sound hick sat next to me at the game. Menthol cigarettes in the flannel front shirt pocket and everything. Dude had no clue about the Dawgs and only wanted to talk Hawks.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,533
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2018

Everyone here arguing that it can't be fixed is a fucking retarded idiot and should light themselves on fire.

Yeah, it's so hard to get people to watch great football. Our AD's marketing department doesn't understand marketing, branding or gameday experiences. You think it's so fucking amazing in SEC country against a BYU level opponent? Guess what? It's not.

You guys are seriously fucking stupid. The #1 hallmark of stupidity is 'it is the way it is and I can't imagine it any other way, so i'm just going to repeat reasons that I think it is the way it is without having any knowledge or proof'.

Fuck off with that shit. If they did this right we would have a 10 year waiting list for tickets.

You guys are fucking defeatist morons. Half the fucking people here don't go to the games.

I'm sorry everyone here is fucking stupid, but it doesn't mean you can't fix Husky football you fucking clowns.

I completely agree that it would go a long ways to let lifelong fans do what the fuck they want in their tailgating spot without getting hassled.

And cementing their seat locations for annual loyalty.

Another aspect is that there isn't a good in-stadium pub. Something large and classy with 50 local Seattle/WA brews on tap would go a long ways.

Making the zone decent again would go a long ways.
  • Options
    LuxrayBeatsLuxrayBeats Member Posts: 91
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment

haie said:

They don't identify with anything Washington, neither they nor their family members went to the school, and Seattle won a super bowl recently.

The Alumni and educated people living in the area that are transplants or went to a non-rival school will pay for 5-6 tickets plus concession and some merch to take their families to a family-friendly football experience. And that's really who the AD is trying to get anyways. There's a higher ceiling there and it's the image the AD and college wants.

I will say as someone who frequents the Moda Garden for Blazer games, having an in-stadium pub like they do here with Widmer/10 Barrel would bring in the 25-40 crowd even if they wouldn't care about the game itself.

A South Sound hick sat next to me at the game. Menthol cigarettes in the flannel front shirt pocket and everything. Dude had no clue about the Dawgs and only wanted to talk Hawks.
    All this stupid shit where you morons think that nothing can change is such a fucking joke.

You guys are so fucking stupid it's embarrassing.
    Hawks are a dumpster fire... and it gets worse every week. Eventually south sound hawks fans will consider jumping ship. Just a matter of time.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

TommySQC said:

HuskyJW said:

I hear that you're frustrated with home attendance. Here's an idea for you to try without making wholesale changes until you see that it works (and it will).

Next season have a "Turn Back the Clock" game at Husky Stadium. Don't have any piped in techno or rap music in the stadium. Let the marching band provide 100% of the music on the day. Don't have flashing lights pulsating throughout the stadium. Have the players wear throwback uniforms. Do little things to generate a college football environment instead of the NFL/WWF type of product you have now. You know exactly what I'm talking about because you experienced it too. Bring the soul back to Husky Stadium.

You misspelled "lower the fucking ticket prices"
    Christ. You telling me that an area of 4 million people cannot find 72k people willing to shell out $80 to watch a top 10 team?

This is exactly why the entire west coast sucks ass and will never be like the SEC. They will always get the worst TV deal and times because of this shit. That's fine but don't fucking bitch about 7:30 starts. That's what you get and like Herbie says, you are lucky they acknowledge you at all.
    If we want people to show up for late games, then fucking make tailgating amazing.
    Make?

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited October 2018
    Fuck all the gimmicky contests. The kids don’t give a shit. They LEAVE! Dump the piped in music too. Back in the day we had Rock and Roll. Real Rock and Roll. I didn’t want to hear at the game then. Don’t want to hear it now.

Expand the north side seating down five more rows. Put the band and the students back behind the team. Keep the premium seating but lower the prices in the west end zone and at the top of the third deck. Poor people can’t afford to go or take the kids. Poor people make noise. So do their kids. When kids scream, kids next to them scream.

College Football is about 1) Winning 2) Tailgating and 3) a student BAND

Bill Bissell and his band accented the action on the field. Sacks and TFL “NaNa Nah. NaNa Hah” popping drums, clanging symbols.

Lose the bars holding back the team in the tunnel. It’s fucking embarrassing. The players hate it. Shit can the purple smoke.

“Say who; say what.” Organic hype, both for the players and the fans outside the tunnel. Let our players fuck with the opponents in the tunnel. James let it happen. He encouraged it. There’s enough comportment in society these days.

Bring back the Husky VW and jack up the air raid siren volume. It’s tradition. Every Husky fan with a pulse knows the siren. It’s lost in all the manufactured bullshit.

Newsflash Jen. Back in the 80s fans tipped flasks. Everyone had one. It was no big deal. Fans got fucked up and mostly stayed in their seats or went to the parking lot to mix and down another bomber. Install kegs at ALL the concession stands. People will pay. Let them go back to their seats.

Simple. Simple. Simple.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

haie said:

All this stupid shit where you morons think that nothing can change is such a fucking joke.

Christ DDY. Did I say anything to the affect that things cannot change? I'm just observing and implying that we lost that demographic and there's a lot of work to do.
    That's not who we want.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    DDY is right.

Bashing Hicks and I’m out.

Get the hardcore hicks crowd back, Hay is wrong.
  • Options
    And yellow piss
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SECDAWG said:

DDY is right.

Bashing Hicks and I’m out.

Get the hardcore hicks crowd back, Hay is wrong.

The Seahawks would have to completely bottom out for the next 5 seasons at a minimum before they even consider spending their cash somewhere else.

Compared to the UW alumni and other college educated families who will get 5 non nose-bleed tickets, buy food for themselves and their kids, and buy merch for their family because they are spending time with their family without having to watch some dumb fuck Disney movie.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

Why do you hate Crazy Larry?
  • Options
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TommySQC said:

haie said:

Why do you hate Crazy Larry?
    The Crazy Larry thing was my senior year at UW. And for how completely fucking embarrassing Ty was on every level to the point where even the women's studies acolytes wanted him gone, everyone was just completely numb to Crazy Larry and some Armenian clown stumbling down the sidelines.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,978
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Christ DDY. Did I say anything to the affect that things cannot change? I'm just observing and implying that we lost that demographic and there's a lot of work to do.
    That's not who we want.
    I'm confused. So do we want the Starter jacket hicks back or not?
  • Options

haie said:

That's not who we want.
    I'm confused. So do we want the Starter jacket hicks back or not?
    No, YS, I’d just go with what you have now...

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Fuck all the gimmicky contests. The kids don’t give a shit. They LEAVE! Dump the piped in music too. Back in the day we had Rock and Roll. Real Rock and Roll. I didn’t want to hear at the game then. Don’t want to hear it now.

Expand the north side seating down five more rows. Put the band and the students back behind the team. Keep the premium seating but lower the prices in the west end zone and at the top of the third deck. Poor people can’t afford to go or take the kids. Poor people make noise. So do their kids. When kids scream, kids next to them scream.

College Football is about 1) Winning 2) Tailgating and 3) a student BAND

Bill Bissell and his band accented the action on the field. Sacks and TFL “NaNa Nah. NaNa Hah” popping drums, clanging symbols.

Lose the bars holding back the team in the tunnel. It’s fucking embarrassing. The players hate it. Shit can the purple smoke.

“Say who; say what.” Organic hype, both for the players and the fans outside the tunnel. Let our players fuck with the opponents in the tunnel. James let it happen. He encouraged it. There’s enough comportment in society these days.

Bring back the Husky VW and jack up the air raid siren volume. It’s tradition. Every Husky fan with a pulse knows the siren. It’s lost in all the manufactured bullshit.

Newsflash Jen. Back in the 80s fans tipped flasks. Everyone had one. It was no big deal. Fans got fucked up and mostly stayed in their seats or went to the parking lot to mix and down another bomber. Install kegs at ALL the concession stands. People will pay. Let them go back to their seats.

Simple. Simple. Simple.

I know you’re being sarkastic but the team does “say who” in the tunnel but this visiting team locker room has been moved and they won’t be in the tunnel. Ever.

Also, I, and most people around me have flasks