Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Attention Jen Cohen

Comments

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I know that this doesn't add anything to the conversation, but the WWF hasn't been around for a long time. It's WWE.

Same mouthbreather shit.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TommySQC said:

I know that this doesn't add anything to the conversation, but the WWF hasn't been around for a long time. It's WWE.

Same mouthbreather shit.
    This is HCH.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,273
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Show a ton of highlights on the jumbo tron of past, and present. Sell the past to all these asshats. Show live scores, standings and other shit to get football fans in seats.

Yes on the Lou Gellerman intro.

Stop trying to make the experience a pussified, bland, fiber art festival. Fuck that.....

The Raiders have the Black Hole.....Maybe one of you old goats can start the Purple Throbber....A section of Husky Stadium where all of us bitching can get together and.........1) drink 2) stand most of gayme 3) Heckle the shit out of aposing team and fans 4) scream on 3rd down 5) Wear sweat pants

Captain ThrobberDawg?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    TommySQC said:

whuggy said:

Thought the halftime band show was good last night.

Paying to get into the Zone is a farce. No one goes anymore.

Maybe the paid entry is Jen's diabolical way of getting rid of the atrocity known as the Zone.
    Not hard to fix. Just get peopel inside quicker. More
    Gladstone said:

TommySQC said:

HuskyJW said:

I hear that you're frustrated with home attendance. Here's an idea for you to try without making wholesale changes until you see that it works (and it will).

Next season have a "Turn Back the Clock" game at Husky Stadium. Don't have any piped in techno or rap music in the stadium. Let the marching band provide 100% of the music on the day. Don't have flashing lights pulsating throughout the stadium. Have the players wear throwback uniforms. Do little things to generate a college football environment instead of the NFL/WWF type of product you have now. You know exactly what I'm talking about because you experienced it too. Bring the soul back to Husky Stadium.

You misspelled "lower the fucking ticket prices"
    Christ. You telling me that an area of 4 million people cannot find 72k people willing to shell out $80 to watch a top 10 team?

This is exactly why the entire west coast sucks ass and will never be like the SEC. They will always get the worst TV deal and times because of this shit. That's fine but don't fucking bitch about 7:30 starts. That's what you get and like Herbie says, you are lucky they acknowledge you at all.
    TommySQC said:

These are all things we gave up to keep pace with college football today.

I hate the banners but they pay the bills. I miss old shaking Husky Stadium but it was a dump. The old uniforms wouldn't sell to recruits today.

You guys sound old poor and white.

TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

I hate the banners but they pay the bills. I miss old shaking Husky Stadium but it was a dump. The old uniforms wouldn't sell to recruits today.

The evidence is literally the opposite. Teams with more modern uniforms recruit worse. Moreso after controlling for win percentages.
    so go back to the 91 unis?

Washington is not Bama SC or even Penn St. Genie was out of the bottle years ago.
    It infuriates me that people are chinning these posts. You shrivel dicked, beta pussies.

Sounds like I care.
    How so?

The West Coast does suck ass when it comes to college football. Is that even debatable? Tell me how you think it doesn't?

You really think going back to the 91 unis is going to sell? I loved that era as well but if you think that is going to draw more than 20 people, you are fucking insane. Now if you want to say the lavender and tan sucks, or you hate the black unis, white helmets, etc.....whatever. I buy that even though IDGAF about unis.

Don James is dead. Buddy Ryan is dead. Lambo is a domestic abuser. Gilby isn't coming back as OC nor do we want him to. Tui coaches at Cal or something.
    You're a good dude but I fundamentally disagree with every point you made. I don't care if the west coast sucks ass. This shit pisses me off.
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

TommySQC said:

whuggy said:

Maybe the paid entry is Jen's diabolical way of getting rid of the atrocity known as the Zone.
    Gladstone said:

TommySQC said:

HuskyJW said:

I hear that you're frustrated with home attendance. Here's an idea for you to try without making wholesale changes until you see that it works (and it will).

Next season have a "Turn Back the Clock" game at Husky Stadium. Don't have any piped in techno or rap music in the stadium. Let the marching band provide 100% of the music on the day. Don't have flashing lights pulsating throughout the stadium. Have the players wear throwback uniforms. Do little things to generate a college football environment instead of the NFL/WWF type of product you have now. You know exactly what I'm talking about because you experienced it too. Bring the soul back to Husky Stadium.

Christ. You telling me that an area of 4 million people cannot find 72k people willing to shell out $80 to watch a top 10 team?

This is exactly why the entire west coast sucks ass and will never be like the SEC. They will always get the worst TV deal and times because of this shit. That's fine but don't fucking bitch about 7:30 starts. That's what you get and like Herbie says, you are lucky they acknowledge you at all.
    TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

The evidence is literally the opposite. Teams with more modern uniforms recruit worse. Moreso after controlling for win percentages.

Washington is not Bama SC or even Penn St. Genie was out of the bottle years ago.
    It infuriates me that people are chinning these posts. You shrivel dicked, beta pussies.

Sounds like I care.
    How so?

The West Coast does suck ass when it comes to college football. Is that even debatable? Tell me how you think it doesn't?

You really think going back to the 91 unis is going to sell? I loved that era as well but if you think that is going to draw more than 20 people, you are fucking insane. Now if you want to say the lavender and tan sucks, or you hate the black unis, white helmets, etc.....whatever. I buy that even though IDGAF about unis.

Don James is dead. Buddy Ryan is dead. Lambo is a domestic abuser. Gilby isn't coming back as OC nor do we want him to. Tui coaches at Cal or something.
    You're a good dude but I fundamentally disagree with every point you made. I don't care if the west coast sucks ass. This shit pisses me off.
    Gladstone said:

TommySQC said:

whuggy said:

Gladstone said:

TommySQC said:

HuskyJW said:

TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

Sounds like I care.
    How so?

Thanks. You are my favorite poster here.

How do you disagree? I'm serious. I wish it wasn't true but it is.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,895
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dannarc said:

Show a ton of highlights on the jumbo tron of past, and present. Sell the past to all these asshats. Show live scores, standings and other shit to get football fans in seats.

Yes on the Lou Gellerman intro.

Stop trying to make the experience a pussified, bland, fiber art festival. Fuck that.....

The Raiders have the Black Hole.....Maybe one of you old goats can start the Purple Throbber....A section of Husky Stadium where all of us bitching can get together and.........1) drink 2) stand most of gayme 3) Heckle the shit out of aposing team and fans 4) scream on 3rd down 5) Wear sweat pants

Captain ThrobberDawg?

Add some skank hos and I'm in.

• Options

At this point the AD needs to be focused on one thing above the rest - getting the fans drunker. Those who stay usually sober up (since only a small percentage of us smuggle our booze in) and don’t bother making any noise. Those who want to drink leave the stadium and don’t return. And frankly a lot of our fans just suck. They’ll suck a lot less and the place will get a hell of a lot rowdier if we actually prioritize selling them booze. Then with the increased alcohol revenue we can scrap the shitty TV break gimmicks and every other “filler” promo that just clutters the experience.

I agree with this
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2018
    They need to play Jump around and then do the wave
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,607
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Pulsating lights gotta go. The absolute worst.

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,607
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    godawgst said:

The first thing they could do, which would put a little more excitement in the crowd that is there b4 we take the field, is to scrap that UW/Seattle shitty infomercial and put together highlight packages of past glories, highlights, and big hits. That is what gets people fired up. Running that shit in the SEC, and other places that care about college football would get the AD 70-110 thousand people booing the piss out of it.

The seattle infomercial is truly awful. Total shit. Total garbage. It's strictly for recruiting.
  • Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I read every single post in this thread.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,091
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So the game times definitely probably have an effect. If they are having an effect on actual season ticket holders attending games, they are impacting people considering going to the games. Take into account the price of tickets (a friend was in the last row of north upper deck for $65), with no game time announced until 7 days, sometimes 5 days before, is going to turn away people from purchasing tickets. If I'm a dawg fan, but has kids, 7:30 kick offs are probably a non starter. Either you're bringing the kids or trying to find a sitter for a return post midnight. Baby sitters aint cheap either. If you are strongly considering the game a couple weeks out but don't have a game time to plan accordingly, you aren't going to buy tickets, and your impulse to buy the week of the game probably strongly diminishes. No other entertainment, or sports outside of playoffs is this an issue. College basketball is scheduled ahead of time, with game times.

As for in stadium, just sell some beer. It is amazing how people can't arrive on time to even a 7:30 game. You had almost all day to get there.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

So the game times definitely probably have an effect. If they are having an effect on actual season ticket holders attending games, they are impacting people considering going to the games. Take into account the price of tickets (a friend was in the last row of north upper deck for $65), with no game time announced until 7 days, sometimes 5 days before, is going to turn away people from purchasing tickets. If I'm a dawg fan, but has kids, 7:30 kick offs are probably a non starter. Either you're bringing the kids or trying to find a sitter for a return post midnight. Baby sitters aint cheap either. If you are strongly considering the game a couple weeks out but don't have a game time to plan accordingly, you aren't going to buy tickets, and your impulse to buy the week of the game probably strongly diminishes. No other entertainment, or sports outside of playoffs is this an issue. College basketball is scheduled ahead of time, with game times.

As for in stadium, just sell some beer. It is amazing how people can't arrive on time to even a 7:30 game. You had almost all day to get there.

I agree that the fact they don’t announce the kickoff times until a week beforehand in most cases is a huge problem. I could live with later kickoffs if I just knew about them way in advance.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,091
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I agree that the fact they don’t announce the kickoff times until a week beforehand in most cases is a huge problem. I could live with later kickoffs if I just knew about them way in advance.
    Agreed! If folks knew a game was at 7:30 a month in advance, its a lot easier to prepare for attending.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

The WiFi has been incredbile this season. Best I’ve experienced at any stadium I’ve been to. Flawless.

Everything else sucks because no one in our AD, aside from our AD, is a Washington fan DAMNIT!

There's fucking WiFi at the stadium? How fucktarded am I that I don't know about this??
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,130
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

Pulsating lights gotta go. The absolute worst.

It's anti-human
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Premium content, but here are some relevant points.

https://theathletic.com/562837/2018/10/02/washington-ad-jen-cohen-game-day-experience/

I’m curious how Husky Stadium’s atmosphere compares to what Cohen remembers from the James era. There are a handful of tangible differences. The band doesn’t play as often, with more music playing over the loudspeakers, which some folks don’t like. Fans also complain about the video ribbon board that prominently displays advertisements throughout the game, and about how much of a pain it can be to get to the stadium. (And the night games. Nobody likes the night games.)

But the renovation did create a more intimate environment, removing the track and moving seats significantly closer to the field. And while season-ticket sales haven’t yet returned to glory-day levels, the Huskies did announce sellouts for their past two home games.

“It depends on the game,” Cohen said. “When I was a kid sitting in Section 19, it felt like more people were standing, and (they were) louder, and the sound of the bleachers seemed louder to me. Now, I think it depends on where I am in the stadium, whether I still feel that feeling.

“We’ve seen some games in here, like that Friday night Stanford game (a 44-6 UW victory in September 2016), where I could not ever remember it being as crazy as that. But then there’s other games where it just feels flatter.”

The biggest controllable factor for the department, Cohen said, is “investing in a football program that is a top-10 program that people can be excited about.”

“The reason why the games were like that wasn’t because the athletic department manufactured things for fans to get excited about,” she said. “The fans own the game-day experience, and the game-day experience is 100 percent on people coming to games, staying in their seats for four quarters and being actively engaged in the game.

“We have one of the best products in the country to be excited about, so I want to see our fans take ownership of the game-day experience.”
  • Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Coach Pete seems happy with the atmosphere at Husky Stadium.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,930
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I would’ve enjoyed this poast more if you included pics of babysitters.