Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    edited February 2018
    so, basically, all the crying and whining about Trump, the FBI, NRA, Congress is all just empty emotional bullshit. I’m shocked. Shocked!

This Pussy had one job. He chose not to do it, Kids are dead as a result. Fucker needs to be prosecuted and his pension seized.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    The good guy with a gun.

So a trained cop is too scared to fight back but we expect teachers to be able to stop a mass shooter?
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

The good guy with a gun.

So a trained cop is too scared to fight back but we expect teachers to be able to stop a mass shooter?

Not to mention he was in uniform, and that probably means he had a bullet proof vest on as well.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024
    2001400ex said:

The good guy with a gun.

Not to mention he was in uniform, and that probably means he had a bullet proof vest on as well.
    If he was in uniform, he probably wore soft body armor that would have been useless against a .223 round.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    BearsWiin said:

2001400ex said:

The good guy with a gun.

If he was in uniform, he probably wore soft body armor that would have been useless against a .223 round.
    I don't know their required uniform there. But I'm sure his uniform has better Protection than how teachers dress on a daily basis.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024
    2001400ex said:

BearsWiin said:

2001400ex said:

The good guy with a gun.

I don't know their required uniform there. But I'm sure his uniform has better Protection than how teachers dress on a daily basis.
    Yes, he was probably wearing effective protection against all manner of handguns that the perpetrator wasn't using.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,963
    On a side note if your last name is Peterson please don’t name your kid Scott. Its likely Not to turn out well.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390

On a side note if your last name is Peterson please don’t name your kid Scott. Its likely Not to turn out well.

Scott Peterson heard from.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,495 Founders Club
    Gee I guess we couldn't have trained security like we do everywhere else.

We'll nothing we can do other than ban bump stocks
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390

Gee I guess we couldn't have trained security like we do everywhere else.

We'll nothing we can do other than ban bump stocks

Makes sense.
    The Florida shooting was a Local police failure. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,121 Standard Supporter
    edited February 2018

The good guy with a gun.

You have one job in a school shooting scenario. Officers are to bypass all the wounded, dying, screaming kids and move as quickly as possible to locate and shoot the bad guy. It's that simple.

This is what happens when you lower standards. These people need to be weeded out during training but that's not happening. It's not happening because they simply need the bodies. So few of todays younger people can pass a police background check or psych test as well as the polygraph. Most departments are understaffed. Corners are being cut.
    No, no, it’s not. From the Chief:

All of our police department personnel strive each day to provide excellent customer service to the community and our stakeholders. The twenty sworn personnel have more than 400 years of combined law enforcement and investigative experience that they bring to work with them each day.

http://www.broward.k12.fl.us/police/msgchief.html
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    doogie said:

I now suspect the Cowardly Sherriff with the Sand Packed Pussy volunteered for the School detail figuring there was zero chance of any danger.

I also suspect the Elected County Sherriff, his Boss, as well as the Real deputies on the street doing the Real work, knew he was Cowardly with a Sand Packed Pussy as well.

Yep. I agree completely.

This is not my typical reaction to a doogie post.

We may be making some progress here.
    and that scares me just a little. You?

Not CSPP scared, just a little scared.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    doogie said:

and that scares me just a little. You?

Not CSPP scared, just a little scared.

Yeah.

I checked myself.

Everything seems to be in order. Still a little bit freaked out, though.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    dflea said:

I can't say I'm shocked.

Some people are made for charging at an armed assailant. Most aren't, and that includes school guards, cops, and soldiers. Not everyone is Audie Murphy - but nobody on Earth would have looked at Audie Murphy before the war and thought he'd be the enemy-charging bad motherfucker he was.

You can't teach that shit. You're born with it.

Has anyone figured out the cost of training, arming, and deploying these school guards? Will that be taken out of the schools' budgets, or will the worthless fucking politicians offering that solution figure out another way to fund it?

Having armed security sounds like a decent idea to me, but some are making it sound like the only fix we need. It isn't. If I was plotting against you, you'd better fucking have more than an armed teacher to stop it, or it would not turn out well. These shooter fucking kids go to these schools - they know who's a legit threat and who's just a clown with a gun. They know the schedules, the weaknesses, and the Achilles heels of the plans to stop them. I don't think any "system" to protect kids and schools is up to the task.

Again, I'll offer no solution - just criticism of stupid plans that haven't been thought through for shit.

So this begs the question

are you plotting against me?