Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Evangelist 'Sama' Paama, 4* 2019 DT, Honolulu (Kaimuki), HI (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

dnc said:

Eklund says in his blog today there is a "better than even chance" he flips to USC

That would suck since I like him but I don't know how we're fitting all the DL prospects we have a good shot with so if he bails that hopefully means we have room for Wright and Tuitele as well.

EWIWBC
    Not to be a debbie downer but i think Paama is almost a lynchpin type of recruit when it comes to tuitele. Apparently they are good friends who would like to play with each other. If Paama flips to SC we might get johnny nansen'd with tuitele's recruitment as well. Hopefully malloe is better prepared for this recruiting battle better than the tuipulotu drama
    I think if anything that helps us? and hurts USC. Tuitele didn't have SC in his top 5, which was surprising, but shows SC has a lot of ground to make up.

We? all know the Dawgman guys don't know anything until after it happens. As long as they play the he might visit / he might not visit, but SC is pushing hard for it card they can say they were right either way.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Case in poont, from Roof last week:

“I’m playing defense when I get up there”, Pa’ama asserted, “I made up my mind — I talk to Coach Malloe every day and he always checks up on me and gets on me on stuff I need to get done.”

So there will be no other visits — schools can try all day — but Pa’ama asserts that he’s 100% committed to Washington and he won’t take any other trips.

Marlon was 10x more insistent that he was locked in to UW a week before flipping to SC. Hopefully Paama isnt a shit and doesn't come from a shit family.
    Polys hate disappointing people. They shun conflict, even if it means lying. Not saying Polys are liars, just that they don't like letting people down. Don't twist.
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dawgs206 said:

dnc said:

Eklund says in his blog today there is a "better than even chance" he flips to USC

That would suck since I like him but I don't know how we're fitting all the DL prospects we have a good shot with so if he bails that hopefully means we have room for Wright and Tuitele as well.

EWIWBC
    Not to be a debbie downer but i think Paama is almost a lynchpin type of recruit when it comes to tuitele. Apparently they are good friends who would like to play with each other. If Paama flips to SC we might get johnny nansen'd with tuitele's recruitment as well. Hopefully malloe is better prepared for this recruiting battle better than the tuipulotu drama
    I think if anything that helps us? and hurts USC. Tuitele didn't have SC in his top 5, which was surprising, but shows SC has a lot of ground to make up.

We? all know the Dawgman guys don't know anything until after it happens. As long as they play the he might visit / he might not visit, but SC is pushing hard for it card they can say they were right either way.
    Trust me I take everything with a grain of salt when it comes to Ektard and Roof. But if they were to flip Paama late... USC might be able to weasel in Tuitele as well. USC closes like a mother every year!
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,987
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    OK, but what does his barber think?
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    biak1 said:

OK, but what does his barber think?

Is he a fan of foamposites?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    That's a classic example of Ektard and the Lemon Party Trio covering all of their bases by saying EWIWBI

If they were flat out reporting, there's nothing out thereexcept he's going to UW. The USC shit is simply them trying to push because he's better than anything that they can currently get since Malloe's sticking it to Nansen at the moment big time. There's no momentum or buzz around USC right now and there's nothing that SC is going to do during the season to bump them up the pecking order as Clay Helton is going to continue to see his seat get warmer and warmer by the week.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Someone on Dawgman says that he made an Instagram post that said...

“PRAYIN ON IT ??
    #oneday???????“

With a photo of his #64 on a USC jersey in the Coliseum..

But it looks like he deleted it pretty quickly.
  • Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2018

“PRAYIN ON IT ??
    #oneday???????“

Coach Pete needs to make an example like he did last year with Nicholas Bolton to keep the rest of the commits in line. I know that Cameron Williams recently went on a visit to an USC game. Maybe he should revoke Cameron's offer

• Options
    Jack_CobraJack_Cobra Member Posts: 246
    Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Crawfish said:

“PRAYIN ON IT ??
    #oneday???????“

Coach Pete needs to make an example like he did last year with Nicholas Bolton to keep the rest of the commits in line. I know that Cameron Williams recently went on a visit to an USC game. Maybe he should revoke Cameron's offer

Crawfish said:

“PRAYIN ON IT ??
    #oneday???????“

No
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Everytime I see Paama's picture it just freaks me out.

Imagine he develops Vita Vea-style.

Paama is already a monster .. give him 3 years of development and good food and a huge sprinkling of Socha and let him loose.

Then consider him working alongside Bandes, Tuitele, Ika ... etc .... brbyo. Where's my tissue paper?
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

“PRAYIN ON IT ??
    #oneday???????“

https://247sports.com/college/washington/Board/102668/Contents/Sama-Paama-USC-Story-121774993/

Article in question. Unlike @DoogCourics I am.one of the pours so I cannot read it, but it's probably fine. If not it would be a bigger deal on boreds.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

He said Nansen is always blowing up his phone. He was going to take a visit to SC but cancelled it. Said he's not taking other visits and UW is his pick. Will visit Dec 14 and wants to sign early. He's solid right now.

It's not over until he signs!