Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Evangelist 'Sama' Paama, 4* 2019 DT, Honolulu (Kaimuki), HI (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2018

elord821 said:

Per Roof, he still plans on taking all of his visits including UW in December. USC and Bama are both hard after him, but Bama hasn't offered.

I know this is going to go back and forth for the next 7 months, but I'm increasingly becoming convinced he's going to do his thing but stay with UW.

USC was visiting him recently and he told the coaches he's solid to UW. Roof asked if he's happy with his decision. "“Yeah of course”, Paama said, “I’m real comfortable in my choice. I made up my mind.”

I choose to believe!

If he's solid on UW, then what's the point of taking visits elsewhere? That's just a waste of time and money.
    R u knew hear?
    U no the answer to that. U replied to my first comment wear u told me to go kill mice elf.
  • Options
    BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    maybe he wants to fuck a cuppa whitt bitches
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

elord821 said:

elord821 said:

Per Roof, he still plans on taking all of his visits including UW in December. USC and Bama are both hard after him, but Bama hasn't offered.

I know this is going to go back and forth for the next 7 months, but I'm increasingly becoming convinced he's going to do his thing but stay with UW.

USC was visiting him recently and he told the coaches he's solid to UW. Roof asked if he's happy with his decision. "“Yeah of course”, Paama said, “I’m real comfortable in my choice. I made up my mind.”

I choose to believe!

If he's solid on UW, then what's the point of taking visits elsewhere? That's just a waste of time and money.
    R u knew hear?
    U no the answer to that. U replied to my first comment wear u told me to go kill mice elf.
    Official visit are paid by the school. The recruits get fined and dinned and 69ed. So if I was recruit I would take all mine just go to a new city for free and eat well
    Willie Williams would be proud.
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

elord821 said:

elord821 said:

I choose to believe!

R u knew hear?
    Official visit are paid by the school. The recruits get fined and dinned and 69ed. So if I was recruit I would take all mine just go to a new city for free and eat well
    How much?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

elord821 said:

elord821 said:

I choose to believe!

R u knew hear?
    How much?

elord821 said:

elord821 said:

I choose to believe!

R u knew hear?
    How much?
    Fuck me
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    elord821 said:

elord821 said:

elord821 said:

I choose to believe!

R u knew hear?
    I know all of that. It just doesn't make sense to me if he knows he's not going to end up there. Personally, I would view it as a waste of time. I would be annoyed having commits trying to pressure me to go wherever he decides to visit. Regarding finances, he and his family don't give a shit.

Economically, it's an absolutely waste. Although it's probably money from donors/alums, that money can be allocated elsewhere (although I could care less about USC since they're private with a massive endowment). He can visit USC and have all the food he wants when we play them in a couple years.

That's just me. Everyone is different I guess.
    Why do you hate Reuben Foster?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    MisterEm said:

elord821 said:

elord821 said:

elord821 said:

I choose to believe!

R u knew hear?
    I know all of that. It just doesn't make sense to me if he knows he's not going to end up there. Personally, I would view it as a waste of time. I would be annoyed having commits trying to pressure me to go wherever he decides to visit. Regarding finances, he and his family don't give a shit.

Economically, it's an absolutely waste. Although it's probably money from donors/alums, that money can be allocated elsewhere (although I could care less about USC since they're private with a massive endowment). He can visit USC and have all the food he wants when we play them in a couple years.

That's just me. Everyone is different I guess.
    Why do you hate Reuben Foster?
    He didn’t pick our hat.

FTG
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

elord821 said:

elord821 said:

I choose to believe!

R u knew hear?
    How much?

elord821 said:

elord821 said:

I choose to believe!

R u knew hear?
    How much?
    Fuck me
    How much?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,185
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

An important thing to remember with Ev Pa'ama is that his coach is Moses Ringwood who was a UW walk-on and is a giant Husky fan.

Even though I bet Ev would be happy to entertain other offers, my guess is that Moses is going to keep him solid for us and then over time he's just going to come to UW.

This kid is unreal.

I think he's solid to us but having wishful thoughts about traveling and being courted as some of his peers are. I don't think it has anything to do with going elsewhere though. Just a young kid wishing he could see the country and get free meals on someone else's dime.
  • Options

An important thing to remember with Ev Pa'ama is that his coach is Moses Ringwood who was a UW walk-on and is a giant Husky fan.

Even though I bet Ev would be happy to entertain other offers, my guess is that Moses is going to keep him solid for us and then over time he's just going to come to UW.

This kid is unreal.

I think he's solid to us but having wishful thoughts about traveling and being courted as some of his peers are. I don't think it has anything to do with going elsewhere though. Just a young kid wishing he could see the country and get free meals on someone else's dime.
    As long as he signs with uw take all trips he wants
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Thanks for the boner.
  • Options

- Bama is the one school still contacting him, but aren't pushing hard
    - Says he's 100% locked to UW, and UW is his only official
    - Coming in December 15th, which is the big official weekend with commits and big targets
    - Says he's coming in as a DL and likes the scheme
    - Is friends with both Tuitele and Buelow, knows they really like UW, and has been talking about how great it would be to all play together

And then there is this:

"I talk to coach (Ikaika Malloe) all the time. I feel really comfortable with him and he understands our culture out here and that's a big reason why I chose Washington, but I also just felt like the school fit me the best and it was like home. I don't have a reason to look anywhere else."

wood ikaika
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    So Paama is locked in at DL, very chinteresting.

Brain vomit here, but I think that there are likely 2 more spots in this class for DLs. With Bandes, Ika, and Tuitele still all very realistic options, I wonder if the coaches told Stephon Wright to wait. It seemed like he was ready to commit a month or two ago, but nothing happened. I can't see us taking 5 interior guys in a class, even if a couple of these guys could play SDE/"outside guy" on occasion like Qualls and Vea did. That would give us 10 interior guys (I'm assuming Zion grows into an interior guy) in 2 classes which would be really strange from a numbers perspective.

2022 is going to be special.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Woof said:

So Paama is locked in at DL, very chinteresting.

Brain vomit here, but I think that there are likely 2 more spots in this class for DLs. With Bandes, Ika, and Tuitele still all very realistic options, I wonder if the coaches told Stephon Wright to wait. It seemed like he was ready to commit a month or two ago, but nothing happened. I can't see us taking 5 interior guys in a class, even if a couple of these guys could play SDE/"outside guy" on occasion like Qualls and Vea did. That would give us 10 interior guys (I'm assuming Zion grows into an interior guy) in 2 classes which would be really strange from a numbers perspective.

2022 is going to be special.

There’s always the chance they take most/all of them with the plan of moving Paama and/or Taimani to OL.
  • Options

I don't know why everyone assumes Zion is an inside guy. Is it because Dennis said it? Just going by numbers alone, it would make more sense to keep him at Buck. Even if he puts on weight, let's not forget that Benning wplayed buck at 280. It's bigger than ideal, but we gotta keep somebody there. I could see him playing Buck eventually in around 270. I don't think he'll move inside, personally. He could, but he doesn't need to, and it just doesn't make sense numbers-wise, especially since we can't manage to bring in any other Bucks...

He more raw that eifler, I think he will probably end up selling his couch, but if he puts it together - look out he will be a monster