Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gee Scott Jr, 4* 2020 WR, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 6/19)

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:
    ugh...why do our fans have to be on Twitter?
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    NEsnake12 said:

This looks like the Rose Bowl tailgate because that white van back there has about 20 of my drunk dollars that I paid for some shitty soggy Mexican hot dog And yes the toilet experience from that is exactly how you would imagine.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Savell no showed FSP and then talked shit about kids in the program. Confirmed.

He lied that he was going on a visit to Florida. Didn't go to Florida. Still no showed of course.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

No matter what, this is a huge deal. Sr is gonna be bitchy about it but don’t fucking say or egg on anything. This is for pure optics. This is a message to every kid out there upset at us not offering to calm the fuck down and just keep working. Sure it may be a message lost on deaf ears but this is one step. Gee was tied into the DJ Rogers stuff so this is really interesting that Pete didn’t just say fuck it.

It also prolly means the Johnny Wilson told us to fuck off.

They cooled on Wilson. Too soft. Doesn't play as big as he his and doesn't get separation. Gee Jr is a COMPETITOR and has steadily improved his game and athleticism through hard work! He deserves the spot more than Wilson and we would be better off with him over Wilson.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,313
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My assumptions/understanding:

1.) This kid, according to 247FS, is the #2 player in the state, a top-70 player overall in the country, a top-15 receiver in the country, and he's right in UW's backyard. That an offer came this late is not random, "different evaluation," or any of that bullshit. There was something--or somethings--that caused the Washington staff to pass on this kid or he'd have had an offer a year ago.

2.) The lack of offer, justified or not, has stirred up bad blood between UW and Gee and possibly a few other targets. This damage is done and cannot be unseen.

3.) There is a less than 0% chance that he decommits from Ohio State and takes Washington up on their offer.

If all of these things are true, is this offer strategically beneficial? I'm struggling to see the benefit at this point.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

1.) This kid, according to 247FS, is the #2 player in the state, a top-70 player overall in the country, a top-15 receiver in the country, and he's right in UW's backyard. That an offer came this late is not random, "different evaluation," or any of that bullshit. There was something--or somethings--that caused the Washington staff to pass on this kid or he'd have had an offer a year ago.

2.) The lack of offer, justified or not, has stirred up bad blood between UW and Gee and possibly a few other targets. This damage is done and cannot be unseen.

3.) There is a less than 0% chance that he decommits from Ohio State and takes Washington up on their offer.

If all of these things are true, is this offer strategically beneficial? I'm struggling to see the benefit at this point.

I don't accept for a second that #2 is true. This would absolutely help with optics and relationships.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I don't take it as good news that Huffman is announcing this rather than Gee Jr or Sr, butt we shall see.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

I don't take it as good news that Huffman is announcing this rather than Gee Jr or Sr, butt we shall see.

Most committed guys don't broadcast new offers on Twitter. That's the norm.
    Interesting. I've certainly seen a lot of it. But this would make sense as an explanation.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

firstly, the fact that Huffman announced and none of the Scotts did is unfortunately not a good look.

that said.... my guess is that Pete and Gee have been communicating with each other and that this is not a random nor unexpected result. Whether Gee (both of them) give a shit or not is a different question, but I do tend believe that this is something resulting from a private relationship building respect and trust between them.

Who knows, though.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019
    Meek said:

firstly, the fact that Huffman announced and none of the Scotts did is unfortunately not a good look.

that said.... my guess is that Pete and Gee have been communicating with each other and that this is not a random nor unexpected result. Whether Gee (both of them) give a shit or not is a different question, but I do tend believe that this is something resulting from a private relationship building respect and trust between them.

Who knows, though.
    Again, that's not out of the norm and it's what you would expect from an OKG. It's not a bad sign. He's being respectful towards Ohio State. UW commits very rarely announce new offers on Twitter. It's just about being respectful to the the school you're currently committed to. Doesn't mean he's not interested in UW.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,313
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2019

I don't accept for a second that #2 is true. This would absolutely help with optics and relationships.
    Only if something changed in a way that explains the offer. Otherwise, it just makes the program look hypocritical.

Looking at it as ghetto block diagrams:

[reason for lack of offer] [no offer] [conflict with recruits] ---> time ---> [no change] [no offer] ["we're a principled program sticking to our guns"]

[reason for lack of offer] [no offer] [conflict with recruits] ---> time ---> [no change] [offer] ["never mind, we were just kidding about that whole 'OKG' thing"]

[reason for lack of offer] [no offer] [conflict with recruits] ---> time ---> [reason for lack of offer corrected] [offer] ["anybody can be OKG if they're dedicated enough"]

One of those three is not like the other, and it's not a good look to the other 90+% of the prospects that the program is trying to attract with BFL and OKG and all that bullshit. Unfortunately, it's impossible to know which of these three scenarios it is without knowing the source of the original conflict and the (hopefully) resolution to that concern. And I doubt either of these things nuggets are something that the staff is going to be offering up to recruits, hence the struggle to see the benefit of this.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    Sr. Has been pretty pro uw lately. Shouldnt be worrying about scotts to try and twist this.
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Maybe it’s as simple as people change over time. Seems like whatever the rift was has been resolved and hence the offer.