Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gee Scott Jr, 4* 2020 WR, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 6/19)

Comments

• Options
    fosterworthfosterworth Member Posts: 73
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

My assumptions/understanding:

1.) This kid, according to 247FS, is the #2 player in the state, a top-70 player overall in the country, a top-15 receiver in the country, and he's right in UW's backyard. That an offer came this late is not random, "different evaluation," or any of that bullshit. There was something--or somethings--that caused the Washington staff to pass on this kid or he'd have had an offer a year ago.

2.) The lack of offer, justified or not, has stirred up bad blood between UW and Gee and possibly a few other targets. This damage is done and cannot be unseen.

3.) There is a less than 0% chance that he decommits from Ohio State and takes Washington up on their offer.

If all of these things are true, is this offer strategically beneficial? I'm struggling to see the benefit at this point.

I don't accept for a second that #2 is true. This would absolutely help with optics and relationships.
    Only if something changed in a way that explains the offer. Otherwise, it just makes the program look hypocritical.

Looking at it as ghetto block diagrams:

[reason for lack of offer] [no offer] [conflict with recruits] ---> time ---> [no change] [no offer] ["we're a principled program sticking to our guns"]

[reason for lack of offer] [no offer] [conflict with recruits] ---> time ---> [no change] [offer] ["never mind, we were just kidding about that whole 'OKG' thing"]

[reason for lack of offer] [no offer] [conflict with recruits] ---> time ---> [reason for lack of offer corrected] [offer] ["anybody can be OKG if they're dedicated enough"]

One of those three is not like the other, and it's not a good look to the other 90+% of the prospects that the program is trying to attract with BFL and OKG and all that bullshit. Unfortunately, it's impossible to know which of these three scenarios it is without knowing the source of the original conflict and the (hopefully) resolution to that concern. And I doubt either of these things nuggets are something that the staff is going to be offering up to recruits, hence the struggle to see the benefit of this.
    That's what UW will imply without any specifics and the Scotts aren't gonna argue. There's no way UW offered without negotiating this beforehand.
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    To Gee Sr: Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

To Gee Jr: Please?!?
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Smalls' parents are liking every reply to Tracy's tweet defending Savvy's status as the best recruit in state. Though, if their likes on tweeter are anything to go by, his folks remain doogs.
    you see...that's the thing... recruiting is very fucking complex... there is zero upside to being involved in recruiting b/c it always gets personal for someone. best to just tune in after signing day.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    He has steadily improved as a player and matured past the diva stuff. I think both needed to occur for him to earn this offer. He's a team guy now. Nobody's perfect. Sometimes you gotta give a kid some time to figure it out. These are teenagers still growing into their bodies that have rapidly changed in recent years and are also dealing with raging hormones. They are far from finished products and some need more time than others. I love this offer! Petersen has some ballz on him to hold off on offering such a highly rated in-state kid until seeing what he wants to see from him.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Smalls' parents are liking every reply to Tracy's tweet defending Savvy's status as the best recruit in state. Though, if their likes on tweeter are anything to go by, his folks remain doogs.
    I mean of course they should like people defending their kid as the #1 recruit in the state. A. They're his parents B. It's true (an not especially close.

Not a great look for #OurTracy either. Shades of Strauser taking shots at Fozzy.
  • Options

He has steadily improved as a player and matured past the diva stuff. I think both needed to occur for him to earn this offer. He's a team guy now. Nobody's perfect. Sometimes you gotta give a kid some time to figure it out. These are teenagers still growing into their bodies that have rapidly changed in recent years and are also dealing with raging hormones. They are far from finished products and some need more time than others. I love this offer! Petersen has some ballz on him to hold off on offering such a highly rated in-state kid until seeing what he wants to see from him.

“But fuck Johnny Wilson am I right?!” - SAC
    Because he sucks.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,185
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

dnc said:

I don't take it as good news that Huffman is announcing this rather than Gee Jr or Sr, butt we shall see.

He's since retweeted Huffman and Ford's tweets.

Also put this, probably unrelated, tweet out earlier today:

I'm no TBS expert, but his retweeting is a good sign. I also agree that this was prearranged and negotiated. There's no way this was random. There's some good shit going on behind the scenes. I kinda feel a tingle where I pee.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,185
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

I mean of course they should like people defending their kid as the #1 recruit in the state. A. They're his parents B. It's true (an not especially close.

Not a great look for #OurTracy either. Shades of Strauser taking shots at Fozzy.
    Good thing Ford isn't a UW coach then. I couldn't give less fucks.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,931
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

“But fuck Johnny Wilson am I right?!” - SAC
    Butt?stuff?

Count me in.
  • Options
    Meek said:
    What is this fat fucks issue with UW? How the fuck would he know the offer is "too late". Long way to go until Signing Day.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,524
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

I don't take it as good news that Huffman is announcing this rather than Gee Jr or Sr, butt we shall see.

This was my takeaway. Where's the tweet from Jr proclaiming his good fortune and blessings?