Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gee Scott Jr, 4* 2020 WR, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 6/19)

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Gee Scott Jr > Johnny Wilson
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    FirePete said:

Doogles said:

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/26863453/buckeyes-add-elite-receiver-fleming-2020

Ohio State just picked up the top WR and #4 overall recruit which clearly knocks Gee Scott Jr. down the totem pole.

Their 2019 class had 3 top 15 WRs including five star Garrett Wilson.

Admittedly not an insider, but if there is any reconciliation between UW and Scott you can't help but feel this opens up the window a little for the hometown team.

I have been thinking for awhile that UW may just offer Scott either over the summer or once his season starts. His dad poking around on dawgman lately (and being pretty complimentary of Pete) adds to this belief.
    I hope so, he is a fucking good prospect. So what he is a little headache.
    If gee sr softens and "proves it" over the next whatever time frame Peterman is good for then Jr may very well get that offer he deserves on talent/performance/place in the football community (fsp etc) ...

I hope so because gee je is a fucking baller with the amount of swagger that Peterman needs and potential influence to really solidfy the local recruiting scene...
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    NEsnake12 said:
    I can't wait for Russell Wilsons shout out of try hard whiteness in a rookie named BBK at a press conference.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

animate said:

FirePete said:

Doogles said:

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/26863453/buckeyes-add-elite-receiver-fleming-2020

Ohio State just picked up the top WR and #4 overall recruit which clearly knocks Gee Scott Jr. down the totem pole.

Their 2019 class had 3 top 15 WRs including five star Garrett Wilson.

Admittedly not an insider, but if there is any reconciliation between UW and Scott you can't help but feel this opens up the window a little for the hometown team.

I have been thinking for awhile that UW may just offer Scott either over the summer or once his season starts. His dad poking around on dawgman lately (and being pretty complimentary of Pete) adds to this belief.
    I hope so, he is a fucking good prospect. So what he is a little headache.
    If gee sr softens and "proves it" over the next whatever time frame Peterman is good for then Jr may very well get that offer he deserves on talent/performance/place in the football community (fsp etc) ...

I hope so because gee je is a fucking baller with the amount of swagger that Peterman needs and potential influence to really solidfy the local recruiting scene...
    I think the ship has already sailed. CP is stubborn and it's pretty late to be changing a "character issue" evaluation. I'll doog out if I'm wrong though bc you are spot on with it being the type of move that could change our local recruiting perception.
    Yeah, I agree.

Peterman is one consistent mother trucker.

It is what it is.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Gee Scott personal history that doesn't need to be talked about on the board < Johnny Wilson.

Also I love Ballz logic:

Gee Scott sucks because he's slow + Johnny Wilson doesn't create separation EVEN THO HES FASTER AND 4 INCHES TALLER THAN SCOTT = Gee Scott is better.
    Wilson >>>> Gee Jr. On the field. Not that Wilson is not good off the field. Don’t twist

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    IF Sr is trying to make up ...

AND IF Dom Daste puts in a good word ...

AND IF we strike out with our higher prioritized targets ...

Then MAYBE there’s a chance at a reconciliation

The bigger point to all this very well may be that Gee gets buried in the depth at Ohio
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,892
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

The bigger point to all this very well may be that Gee gets buried in the depth at Ohio

By chance you mean <1.%
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

By chance you mean <1.%</p>
    I definitely wouldn’t put a high % on the likelihood

I will put a much higher % that he doesn’t end up at Ohio St ... this just feels like a situation where he’ll get bounced relatively late

Taking an official now just leaves them way too much time to move on after the fact while keeping him locked in and sold until they pull the rug
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

What did Sr. do to UW and why does he need to make up?
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    whuggy said:

Don't care. Fuck im. Don't be surprised if Bucks drop him.

Bump.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Gee Scott personal history that doesn't need to be talked about on the board < Johnny Wilson.

Also I love Ballz logic:

Gee Scott sucks because he's slow + Johnny Wilson doesn't create separation EVEN THO HES FASTER AND 4 INCHES TALLER THAN SCOTT = Gee Scott is better.
    Neither are speedsters or create a lot of separation. Both require a QB who's not afraid to throw to a big bodied guy who is usually covered. But Gee is way stronger, more physical, and more aggressive attacking the ball than Wilson is. He's also quicker in and out of his breaks. Gee is more likely to make those contested catches in college because of his aggressiveness whereas Wilson will likely be a guy who never plays as big as he is. Gee is like a Kasen Williams type big bodied receiver. Wilson is Brayden Lenius. So yeah, obviously anybody would want Kasen Williams over Brayden Lenius.
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I stand with SAC on this one. I don't know about the player comps, but that's almost exactly what I thought watching the two guys. Believe me, didn't want to like Gee. But I was impressed with both his suddenness and his physicality, whereas I thought Wilson was the more linear athlete, didn't seem to always get his feet under him when high-pointing the ball. Didn't see the balance through contact that I saw with Gee.

That's not to say he can't be great, but if we're comparing the two, I had the same impressions.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Lol this guy is a fucking retard

Jesus fucking Christ. This is what puts me in full on Ballz mode. When people laugh and insult me because I have an opinion that is correct, but completely goes against the group think of the board or star ratings done by legal retards. It gets my competitive juices flowing, so now I have to go ballz deep into proving my point and really bash this fucking teenager. I didn't want to have to take it this far, but you and rest of the board are making me take it there.

Gee Scott Jr. is a man child. He's big (6'3.5 210), he's tough, he's physical, he plays with attitude and swagger, and he has far above average strength for a high school receiver. He busts his ass in the gym lifting big boy weights. He's in there lifting with linebackers squatting fucking 400 pounds for reps. He's not my favorite receiver in this class due to his lack of top end speed, but I respect the hell out of his work ethic, his toughness, and alpha mentality on the field. He's a grinder for sure and one thing he definitely is not, is a pussy. He might have some diva in him, but he ain't no pussy.

Johnny Wilson is a fucking pussy. He's weak and he's soft. While Gee is grinding in the weight room throwing around big boy weight, Wilson is doing this pussy ass shit and actually thinks this shit is hard work:

https://youtu.be/GyYEk9NQ29s

Wilson is the most overrated WR recruit I've ever seen. Fucking Joe Ngata wasn't even rated a 5-star and yet this kid has been rated a 5-star since he was a Sophomore? What. The. Fuck. Makes no sense. His tall, lanky, soft physique is exactly like that of Brayden Lenius coming out of high school and in college. It doesn't even make sense that he's 220 pounds because he looks so soft and weak. His bone structure most be so heavy. Any real work in the weight room and he'll easily out grow the WR position like Lenius did when he got to New Mexico. He's just one inch taller than Lenius. That's the only difference I see between the two. Y'all are so fucking dumb if you can't see this.

It's not even like Lenius sucked coming out high school. Watch his high school Senior highlights. He showed a lot of potential and was a great looking high school WR. But when you're weak and soft and keep getting bigger and bigger and slower and slower, it just doesn't translate to the college level. You can't watch this shit and tell me high school Lenius doesn't look just like Wilson:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/944546/5721b66c64e96b6380f4e838

Bottom line is Sawyer Racanelli, Rome Odunze, and Jalen McMillan are all better WR prospects than Johnny Wilson. And if UW decides to offer Gee Jr at some point, he's better than Wilson too. Let Wilson go to UCLA or Oregon and be glad when he does. He's soft as Charmin.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I like Gee Scott better than Johnny Wilson too but I think Wilson is really fucking good.

Scott is just a fucking playmaker.

Doesn’t really matter we’re not getting either of them.

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    HillsboroDuck west coast WR rankings:

McMillan
    Scott
    Wilson
    Odunze
    Everyone else

Hell of a deep class this year. If we can pull two off that list I’ll be very happy.