Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Vegas terror attack

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,895
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

Sledog said:

Mosster47 said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

One of the best articles I've read on the situation. The founders were unbelievably wise men.

http://www.indystar.com/story/opinion/columnists/varvel/2017/10/03/varvel-las-vegas-shooter-had-heart-problem/726992001/

Limits and restrictions are on the way. Gun owners are going to lose this fight and fuck it up for everyone if they don't remedy the situation themselves. The old saw that guns don't kill people, while theoretically true, doesn't hold in situations like this. Automatic weapons killed way too many people this time and arguments that a suicide bomber or asteroid could kill just as many or more aren't going to fly this time.
    Don't tell anyone but it could have been worse if one simply used three guns semi auto only with a scope.
    No. Just no.
    Absolutely. Even bolt guns. 9+ minutes.
    Have you ever fired a weapon? Full auto spray into a crowd is going to be infinitely more effective. You get three or four shots then people start running and you aren't hitting much after that.

There are like 600 people injured.

The Nazis were smarter than you, WAY smarter. There is a reason they had machine guns in those pill boxes on the beach and not a dude with a scope.

When soldiers came under fire in Vietnam they instantly called for the M-60 to get to the front, not a guy with a scope.

Just say you're an old white guy so you are irrational and that was ok during your prime. Everyone here already knows this. Race evolved a little, you didn't.
    I've trained with, trained others, fired and competed at the world class level with weapons all my life including full auto belt feds, assault rifles , pistols and SMG's and was in the firearms business for a very long time. I've forgotten more than you'll ever know about firearms. I am also a Superior court certified firearms expert. What's your qualifications?

You could definitely kill more people with aimed fire. Injuries maybe or maybe not but we don't how many injuries came from the stampede. There were several stampede victims in the level one trauma center. How many were just injured by the stampede? Certainly many injured by bullet fragments by all the bullets striking the ground and some by pass through shots which would most likely be 7.62 NATO rounds.. Looks like he was using ball ammo.

He wasn't firing 1200 RPM cyclic rate fixed mount MG42's, MG34's or a 23lb M60 on a bipod.

How many full auto M16's type or 7.62 NATO shoulder fired rifles have you shot? 7.62 NATO rifles in full auto are pretty much uncontrollable for anything buy short burst of a few rounds at pretty close range. I've fired a number of them and they were actual full autos not fitted with Slide Fire stocks which make controllable accuracy quite a bit more difficult. Even an AR type 5.56mm rifle on a bump stock would be pretty tough to keep in a football field or larger at that distance. Hell you can bump fire a gun with your thumb hooked through your belt loop.

I am older now and just getting back into competition. My legs ain't as fast as they used to be but my hands still work just fine. I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,895
    AZDuck said:

Sledog said:

Mosster47 said:

Sledog said:

Mosster47 said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

One of the best articles I've read on the situation. The founders were unbelievably wise men.

http://www.indystar.com/story/opinion/columnists/varvel/2017/10/03/varvel-las-vegas-shooter-had-heart-problem/726992001/

Limits and restrictions are on the way. Gun owners are going to lose this fight and fuck it up for everyone if they don't remedy the situation themselves. The old saw that guns don't kill people, while theoretically true, doesn't hold in situations like this. Automatic weapons killed way too many people this time and arguments that a suicide bomber or asteroid could kill just as many or more aren't going to fly this time.
    Don't tell anyone but it could have been worse if one simply used three guns semi auto only with a scope.
    No. Just no.
    Have you ever fired a weapon? Full auto spray into a crowd is going to be infinitely more effective. You get three or four shots then people start running and you aren't hitting much after that.

The Nazis were smarter than you, WAY smarter. There is a reason they had machine guns in those pill boxes on the beach and not a dude with a scope.

When soldiers came under fire in Vietnam they instantly called for the M-60 to get to the front, not a guy with a scope.

Just say you're an old white guy so you are irrational and that was ok during your prime. Everyone here already knows this. Race evolved a little, you didn't.
    I've trained with, trained others, fired and competed at the world class level with weapons all my life including full auto belt feds, assault rifles , pistols and SMG's and was in the firearms business for a very long time. I've forgotten more than you'll ever know about firearms. I am also a Superior court certified firearms expert. What's your qualifications?

You could definitely kill more people with aimed fire. Injuries maybe or maybe not but we don't how many injuries came from the stampede. There were several stampede victims in the level one trauma center. How many were just injured by the stampede? Certainly many injured by bullet fragments by all the bullets striking the ground and some by pass through shots which would most likely be 7.62 NATO rounds.. Looks like he was using ball ammo.

He wasn't firing 1200 RPM cyclic rate fixed mount MG42's, MG34's or a 23lb M60 on a bipod.

How many full auto M16's type or 7.62 NATO shoulder fired rifles have you shot? 7.62 NATO rifles in full auto are pretty much uncontrollable for anything buy short burst of a few rounds at pretty close range. I've fired a number of them and they were actual full autos not fitted with Slide Fire stocks which make controllable accuracy quite a bit more difficult. Even an AR type 5.56mm rifle on a bump stock would be pretty tough to keep in a football field or larger at that distance. Hell you can bump fire a gun with your thumb hooked through your belt loop.

I am older now and just getting back into competition. My legs ain't as fast as they used to be but my hands still work just fine. I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was.
    Navy Seals gorilla warfare POTD
    Odd there are so many Navy Seals on the internet.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If so, we know where they were REALLY trained.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,237
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

Sledog said:

Mosster47 said:

Sledog said:

Mosster47 said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

No. Just no.

*guerrilla .... I see what you did there
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

AZDuck said:

Sledog said:

Mosster47 said:

Sledog said:

Mosster47 said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

No. Just no.

*guerrilla .... I see what you did there
    Learn your copy-pasta.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    AZDuck said:

Bollards.

Awesome! Thanks for the updates
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,894
    AZDuck said:

Bollards.

Needs more work on the zone option reads.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

AZDuck said:

Bollards.

Needs more work on the zone option reads.
    Tough Kid, Loyal... Will run through a brick wall for his Coaches and team.