Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Vegas terror attack

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,847
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Mosster47 said:

If 250 round magazines didn't exist and only five round magazines were accessable to the public like how they are sold in "hunting AR's" today then this shooting still happens, but is much slower and much less lethal.

You could say they would make their own (they wouldn't) or they would get them from outside the US (not likely).

People have ALWAYS gone crazy and guns have always existed. Look at the mass shooting numbers during the Brady Bill era and compare them to the period after them. When crazy has way more fucking rounds without having to stop to reload or even aim to wipe out hordes of people that's a common sense foul.

Why can't you walk into Wal-Mart and buy a hand grenade? You know the fucking answer, but there is a pause when people talk about taking away 250 round barrel magazines. That's fucking retarded. News flash, an AR with 250 rounds is much more deadly than a hand grenade, yet hand grenades are way too dangerous to sell to the general public.

I own more guns than 90% of America, but I'm not stupid. This has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment.

Send over one a them 'thar 250 round magamazines will ya Shmarty pants?

250 round belts yes, magazines no.

This was Nevada where machine gun ownership is legal. But that means he passed an extensive FBI background check. IIRC there have only been 2 murders committed with legally owned machine guns. There's about 250,000 of them in the country.
    That's the best argument I've seen for stricter gun control. Nice work.
    Your argument is to install a "progressive" (code for commie) government. Can't do that while America is armed. That's why the left hates guns as they know they can never have that kind of control. If the left hated murders or murders of minorities, lefty run places like Shitcago would do something about black on black crime. It doesn't even bother you but then "the end justifies the means" eh comrade?

This shooter is either ISIS as they claim or a liberal loon.
    Or he's a right wing gun nut. Or he's crazy with no agenda.
    Why do you hate liberal trolls trying to make conservatives look bad?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,039
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2017

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Mosster47 said:

If 250 round magazines didn't exist and only five round magazines were accessable to the public like how they are sold in "hunting AR's" today then this shooting still happens, but is much slower and much less lethal.

You could say they would make their own (they wouldn't) or they would get them from outside the US (not likely).

People have ALWAYS gone crazy and guns have always existed. Look at the mass shooting numbers during the Brady Bill era and compare them to the period after them. When crazy has way more fucking rounds without having to stop to reload or even aim to wipe out hordes of people that's a common sense foul.

Why can't you walk into Wal-Mart and buy a hand grenade? You know the fucking answer, but there is a pause when people talk about taking away 250 round barrel magazines. That's fucking retarded. News flash, an AR with 250 rounds is much more deadly than a hand grenade, yet hand grenades are way too dangerous to sell to the general public.

I own more guns than 90% of America, but I'm not stupid. This has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment.

This was Nevada where machine gun ownership is legal. But that means he passed an extensive FBI background check. IIRC there have only been 2 murders committed with legally owned machine guns. There's about 250,000 of them in the country.
    Your argument is to install a "progressive" (code for commie) government. Can't do that while America is armed. That's why the left hates guns as they know they can never have that kind of control. If the left hated murders or murders of minorities, lefty run places like Shitcago would do something about black on black crime. It doesn't even bother you but then "the end justifies the means" eh comrade?

A right winger wouldn't shoot up a country concert which is generally filled with conservatives.

There is a photo and video of an anti-Trump protest in Reno floating around pointing out a guy that sure looks like this guy as a Trump protester wearing a pink NASA shirt and a pussy hat. No idea if it's really him but definitely looks like him.

Put your bet down Sven.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Remember when Kim sleuthed out that we had an agenda?

Put him on the case

So you're saying it sounds like someone from Derek Johnson's crüe
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Mosster47 said:

A right winger wouldn't shoot up a country concert which is generally filled with conservatives.

There is a photo and video of an anti-Trump protest in Reno floating around pointing out a guy that sure looks like this guy as a Trump protester wearing a pink NASA shirt and a pussy hat. No idea if it's really him but definitely looks like him.

Put your bet down Sven.
    I don't know and neither do you.

Fuck off.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,039

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Mosster47 said:

Put your bet down Sven.

Fuck off.
    I actually knew one of the dead victims from the concert. They ate at my table and lived near me. I had met another that has died and one that's wounded. Several other people I know were at the concert. Several friends children were at the concert. Hard to wrap your head around why someone would commit such an act of evil.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Mosster47 said:

Put your bet down Sven.

Fuck off.
    I actually knew one of the dead victims from the concert. They ate at my table and lived near me. I had met another that has died and one that's wounded. Several other people I know were at the concert. Several friends children were at the concert. Hard to wrap your head around why someone would commit such an act of evil.
    Hard to wrap your head around why you blame liberals with no evidence to the fact. And if you are so distraught with the deaths, that you think maintaining the status quo is the best option for the country.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Mosster47 said:

Put your bet down Sven.
    So possibly attending a Trump Protest in Reno based on some hack website grainy photo to gunning down 600 people doesn't seem like a bit of a reach to you?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    Swaye's Wigwam
    this guy killed 84 with a rental truck.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Pretty sure county concerts are filled with girls in their 20s and 30s. So not conservatives.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,046
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2017

Not the best analogy and as @AZDuck has pointed out we're in the salad days of truck based terrorist attacks. It's a relatively easy problem to solve- i.e., concrete barriers like you see out in front of Husky Stadium.

How many plane hijackings have there been since 2001 with box cutters?
  • Options
    edited October 2017

if only there was an economical way to prevent those kinds of attacks in parts of cities where large numbers of pedestrians gather...

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People often gather in the street. Bollards don't do shit in the thru way

America has had bollards since the first World Trade Center

Still has drive thrus
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,046
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2017

Still has drive thrus

Not all bollards are created equal. You learn something new everyday here a Hardcore Husky. I didn't know what those things were called prior to this afternoon.

• Options

Still has drive thrus

Disagree. if there had been bollards in the Ramblas (rhymes with NAMBLAS snort) that attack wouldn't have been successful at all. Likewise along the Promenade des Anglais in Nice and the Tower Bridge in London.

All of those are high-pedestrian traffic areas, and the Ramblas are a pedestrianized street. Tower Bridge is right by the Houses of Parliament.

Ramblas (also rhymes with Kurt Rambis) one of the spots where the Ramblas can be accessed from an street open to motor traffic:

Promenade des Anglais:

Tower Bridge:

Any place that has heavy pedestrian traffic, like these three, should be protected by bollards. Any time there is an event like a street fair or celebration that brings lots of people into the street, temporary barriers should be erected at the entrances.

In the Nice case, bollards would have given people an opportunity to run away that they didn't have, even if the middle of the street was still unprotected.

It isn't like you need to block off every street in every city, but cities have a pretty good idea which streets carry heavy pedestrian traffic. That's where they need to go.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We could give everyone bullet proof Bat Suits too