Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kyler Gordon, 2018 4* DB, Everett (Archbishop Murphy), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Baseman said:

animate said:

AF9705 said:

pat_hm said:
    If @AF9705 is to be believed, they're taking 3 anyway, so Bracy+Griffith committing to ND would still leave them an opening. I think it's about 50-50 at this point honestly.
    That’s correct.

The Bracy commitment was more to force his decision & Noah Boykin, the Maryland commit ND is trying to flip. Bracy had lost interest in ND because he wanted to play with his brother out at SDSU. But he contacted ND recently with a change of heart. The ND staff told him he would need to prove his interest because they had moved on to other recruits. So he committed & is signing early on the 20th, which made the ND staff very happy.

As for Kyler, it doesn’t affect things on the ND side because he was still their #2 behind Griffith regardless. It might affect things in his own mind though? Maybe he sees they already have a few good guys at CB & decides he wants to be the alpha at UW in the DB class? You never know what 17 year olds are thinking?

I still say it’s 50/50 at this point between UW & ND.
    I know what 17 year olds are thinking.

- pussy
    - junk food
    - pussy
    - football
    How would you explain btp?
    Who? Teen boys roam these boards?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    AF9705 said:

So the Kyler situation is getting a little crazy.
    In summary, things went all over the place this week already.

He was all but committed to ND following his 3 day weekend there, but when he got home he started hearing outside voices trying to convince him to stay home. He changed his mind so much so ND is sending out their DB coach to meet with him Thursday. Obviously they JUST spent three days together, so flying all the way out for one evening is a sign ND feels they may have lost him this week.

The insider who interviewed him straight up said Kyler doesn’t even know what he is going to do at this point.
    Kyler said he wants to wrap all this up very soon, which is strange since he still hasn’t decided.

I would have guessed ND this morning, but with the fact ND is flying out again to see him unscheduled & the fact Kyler wants to just end it makes me now lean towards UW.

I think this is one of those cases where a kid is having trouble leaving home & is getting told he needs to stay home & ND is flying out to try to convince him otherwise.

This has been bizzare.

Unless that DB coach brings some serious coffee cups with him, sounds like he's ours.

TYFYS
  • Options
    AF9705AF9705 Member Posts: 181
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

AF9705 said:

So the Kyler situation is getting a little crazy.
    In summary, things went all over the place this week already.

He was all but committed to ND following his 3 day weekend there, but when he got home he started hearing outside voices trying to convince him to stay home. He changed his mind so much so ND is sending out their DB coach to meet with him Thursday. Obviously they JUST spent three days together, so flying all the way out for one evening is a sign ND feels they may have lost him this week.

The insider who interviewed him straight up said Kyler doesn’t even know what he is going to do at this point.
    Kyler said he wants to wrap all this up very soon, which is strange since he still hasn’t decided.

I would have guessed ND this morning, but with the fact ND is flying out again to see him unscheduled & the fact Kyler wants to just end it makes me now lean towards UW.

I think this is one of those cases where a kid is having trouble leaving home & is getting told he needs to stay home & ND is flying out to try to convince him otherwise.

This has been bizzare.

Thank you. Shit is weird with Kyler.

If he takes the visit to UW this weekend, I think you guys might get fucked over, but I'm not for sure it will happen. I know for you it seems like 'outside voices' and all that, but we just put 3 DBs in the NFL, have one of the best DB coaches in the country (who is loved by his players) and one of the best defenses in the country. If he comes here, he can reasonably expect to end up picked in the first two rounds and be a local hero.

There's really not a reason to leave for Notre Dame other than the fact that, obviously, you guys have a good DB coach and are super prestigious. The universities are very different in that ours is a huge research oriented Uni and you guys are a private, more personalized experience (which is akin to his HS).

In terms of coaching uncertainty, I think that's sort of similar at both places because Kelly could be gone next year (or any year) if he loses 3. Our HC will be here forever, but our DB coach obviously has looked around.

You should read my post on 'who fucks' to understand what I think the primary issue is.

Notre Dame is super attractive, sure... but he has to move to fucking Indiana. UW is basically at the same level and is 20 minutes away.
    By “outside voices” I mean he went on the 3 day trip by himself because according to his mother, “Kyler just needs to be on his own, be with the boys, get clarity on what he is seeking.” So it sounds like he was having a hard time making a decision with everybody around him (on both sides) telling him what he should do.

Personally I dont know what I would do if I was him? He is very quiet & doesn’t say much, but according to other recruits he spent the weekend with he really opened up & was very comfortable, & even told them he was coming.
    But then if he stays home he has it great also & is beloved.

Either way it sounds like it is taking its toll on him which is why I’m leaning UW.

• Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    His twitter follows are heavily ND. Lots of commits.
  • Options

AF9705 said:

I know he had a great time & became friends with a lot of the commits at the Echoes Banquet.
    They strategically put all the commits with the other recruits in a room together during the banquet.
    Like i said, this morning I thought he was ND. Then Kyler informed the insiders that ND was sending Todd Lyght out to see him Thursday night after a conversation. So that makes me believe something happened. Then the insider intereviewed Kyler & says that even Kyler hasn’t decided yet, which is a big change from Sunday.
    I read his twitter as mostly positive for UW. Sure, he followed kids he was on a visit with - that's pretty normal. However, he followed Taimani too. He wasn't on a visit with him.

I think it's a case where Kyler clearly loves the idea of going to Notre Dame, but in the end will that idea be enough? If he loved the IDEA of Notre Dame and hated the IDEA of UW, I think he would already be committed to ND. I think Lyght will try to persuade him to do just that on Thursday night. If he's successful, Kyler won't take the UW visit. If he isn't, Kyler will and I think ND will be almost out of it.

The key here is that his parents will go with him to UW. That will be hard to overcome.

ND knows this and that's why they are trying to get him in front of Lyght and to not take that visit.
    You moving the percentage we get him up from 20 to the 50 range given this?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    To add onto what Dennis was saying ... I’d argue the ND Alumni Network has a greater community to it than the UW community ... if your desire is to eventually live outside of Seattle.

From a football standpoint, UW is likely better ... unless you are super fearful of Lake leaving.

For me, the deal breaker would be living in South Bend during the Winter ... yikes.
  • Options
    AF9705AF9705 Member Posts: 181
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

AF9705 said:

I know he had a great time & became friends with a lot of the commits at the Echoes Banquet.
    They strategically put all the commits with the other recruits in a room together during the banquet.
    Like i said, this morning I thought he was ND. Then Kyler informed the insiders that ND was sending Todd Lyght out to see him Thursday night after a conversation. So that makes me believe something happened. Then the insider intereviewed Kyler & says that even Kyler hasn’t decided yet, which is a big change from Sunday.
    I read his twitter as mostly positive for UW. Sure, he followed kids he was on a visit with - that's pretty normal. However, he followed Taimani too. He wasn't on a visit with him.

I think it's a case where Kyler clearly loves the idea of going to Notre Dame, but in the end will that idea be enough? If he loved the IDEA of Notre Dame and hated the IDEA of UW, I think he would already be committed to ND. I think Lyght will try to persuade him to do just that on Thursday night. If he's successful, Kyler won't take the UW visit. If he isn't, Kyler will and I think ND will be almost out of it.

The key here is that his parents will go with him to UW. That will be hard to overcome.

ND knows this and that's why they are trying to get him in front of Lyght and to not take that visit.
    I would put it at 51 now.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

AF9705 said:

Not until he visits. I honestly think they might be able to stop him from visiting. I think if he visits, we are 50/50. I think it's 50/50 whether he visits (after the talk with Lyght, not right now), so that's about 25%.
  • Options

dnc said:

AF9705 said:

Not until he visits. I honestly think they might be able to stop him from visiting. I think if he visits, we are 50/50. I think it's 50/50 whether he visits (after the talk with Lyght, not right now), so that's about 25%.
    I think it's more like a 25% chance they keep him from visiting and a 75% chance he's ours if he does visit. So 50%.

But I like our visitors 51%.