Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kyler Gordon, 2018 4* DB, Everett (Archbishop Murphy), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    whuggy said:

Jimmy No Balls better put on his game face this week

He better be closing or pretty poor year from JL.
    It’s not even a poor year ... it’s a sign that from a recruiting standpoint Lake is quite possibly damaged goods for us ...

Perception is reality ... and the perception is that it is only a matter of time before Lake leaves for a DC position ...

How else would you explain this year’s DB class?
  • Options

It depends who you listen to. If you listen to the ND guys, he's a lock because he visited ND. If you listen to Roof or Ecklund, they are both saying that sources say he's a UW lock. Roof says that he's visiting UW on the 15th I believe.

If he visits, I feel really good. But I wouldn't be shocked if he decided to just call it for ND.

We shall see.

Also, the ND mods are saying he's going to visit.
    A visit gives a fighting chance ... I’ll believe it when I see it
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

whuggy said:

Jimmy No Balls better put on his game face this week

He better be closing or pretty poor year from JL.
    It’s not even a poor year ... it’s a sign that from a recruiting standpoint Lake is quite possibly damaged goods for us ...

Perception is reality ... and the perception is that it is only a matter of time before Lake leaves for a DC position ...

How else would you explain this year’s DB class?
    The difficulty now with Lake is that once it's out there he's looking around, every year it's going to be like 'oh this is the year he'll leave'.

It's not based in reality, but it will matter.
  • Options

Swaye said:

If this is true this is just epic fucking failure. Good thing we are stacked pretty deep in the back end because this class is a colossal fail. We will still feel it in a couple years though... never thought we woudl have terrible classes like this with Lake.

Flirting with the Cal job for basically a week really hurt him/us. Hope he can close out this class, if anyone can it’s him. But to have no guys committed at this point in the game makes it TUFF. Please come through, Jimmy.
    It’s not even that he flirted with the job ... it’s that he did so so publicly

It’s telling that Pete addressed the Tennessee rumors ... that’s this year’s “You Aren’t in the WAC Anymore” moment in that you are going to get people coming at you from all angles to tear the program down and if they can discredit arguably your best recruiter in the process ... that’s a massive win for other schools
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

It depends who you listen to. If you listen to the ND guys, he's a lock because he visited ND. If you listen to Roof or Ecklund, they are both saying that sources say he's a UW lock. Roof says that he's visiting UW on the 15th I believe.

If he visits, I feel really good. But I wouldn't be shocked if he decided to just call it for ND.

We shall see.

Just read the updates from the ND guy.

Update 1: A recruit says that Gordon is going to ND
    Update 2: Gordon is still visiting UW. ND will keep fighting for him
    Update 3: Uh oh, Gordon's mom wants him at UW which is opposite of what I heard before
    El oh El
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

We shall see.

Just read the updates from the ND guy.

Update 1: A recruit says that Gordon is going to ND
    Update 2: Gordon is still visiting UW. ND will keep fighting for him
    Update 3: Uh oh, Gordon's mom wants him at UW which is opposite of what I heard before
    This sounds just like the "Eklund special" circa 2000-2010. Please see my recent post on why I like TBS here, but nowhere else.
  • Options
    AF9705AF9705 Member Posts: 181
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

I’m not sure who the ND or UW guys are you are referring to, so I will put down the 1:15 ET update, after the conversation that was had after the completion of Kyler’s visit to ND.

I will copy & paste it, so it is word for word:

“ADDITIONAL NOTE: Talked to another source on this, and it sounds like things went really with Gordon as far as spending time with the current commits and bonding with them. Gordon is a quiet kid, no question, but we were told he was really interacting with the current commits well, and they treated him like he was alreyady part of the class. Really like where ND stands here.”

Also, his mother said the following about his trip to ND alone this time:

“It’s time for him to go and hang out with the boys and get some more bonding time.......and for him to get any additional clarity he is seeking."

As for him visiting UW next week, I asked about that & the insider contacted his friend who works for UW Rivals & was told no visit was scheduled yet.

There seems to be very conflicting messages being put out there, which is surprising because Kyler doesn’t do many interview at all, so when he does everyone hears the same thing, so not sure why UW & ND people seem so different on their opinions?

I don’t know Roof or Ecklund personally, but I haven’t seen where they said Kyler was a UW lock? I haven’t seen any ND people say he is a ND lock either?
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    Loy basically said that if Kyler canceled his ND visit, then he'd be going to UW. But if he made the trip to ND, then he would go to ND. Roof and Ecklund are the recruiting "experts" for the UW sites. Both have been adamant that UW leads and that they expect him to commit to UW even after knowing that he was taking the trip to ND. This is based on their local sources. Both Loy and Roof say that he will be visiting UW still before his decision on the 17th.
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    UW needs to set up camp in front of his house. Use proximity to your advantage. I am talking stage-five clinger type shit. Get it done!
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    Come home Kyler
  • Options
    AF9705AF9705 Member Posts: 181

Per Eklund, he didn't commit to ND and will officially visit UW next week. Also gives one of those "UW is in a great spot for him but I wouldnt be surprised if he picks ND" comments

I asked my guys about this & I think they are getting pissed at me since I keep asking...

They say that Gordon was never going to commit while in South Bend, as stated before, he is committing on his birthday, the 17th. He keeps his conversations with coaches private so no one (including them or Eklund) knows if he verballed or not while there.
    It was always his plan to visit UW last regardless of his decision. The other players/recruits on the visit with him say he acted as if he was going to be their teammate though.

So I probably should leave them alone since they have made it clear to me three times now the same things even though I keep asking.

One final tidbit I found amusing was that I got asked (in a snarky, smartass way) if Eklund is so confident, why no Crystal Ball, then why change his view from a “lock” to “wouldn’t be surprised?”
    I said “fair enough” & told them I would leave it be for now.