Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kyler Gordon, 2018 4* DB, Everett (Archbishop Murphy), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2017
    I say this not as an excuse for uw or its coaches. But kids are dumb. The fact that no one wants to play db in this system after 3 guys went in the first 2 rounds last year and 3 more very well might next year because of some bs rumors and depth is honestly a joke.

Dennis says recruiting is sales. Playing db for this staff and this system should sell itself. But it's not glamorous like playing for nd or usc
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dhdawg said:

I say this not as an excuse for uw or its coaches. But kids are dumb. The fact that no one wants to play db in this system after 3 guys went in the first 2 rounds last year and 3 more very well might next year because of some bs rumors and depth is honestly a joke.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

This is a kid that is in our backyard, is stupid talented, and we shit the bed on big time.

It’s an easy excuse to blame Fozzy on Strausser ... but Gordon is under Lake and the unit has a massive history of success ...

Lake can spin this however he wants but this is a massive disaster ...

Clearly our top 3 targets were in no particular order Gordon, Irvin, and Hampton. Gordon is gone. Irvin likely is going to SC (can cross off ND most likely). If Hampton falls out and doesn’t sign on the 20th our odds of getting him falls dramatically.

We’re a week away from getting proof that Lake is damaged goods for us on the recruiting trail ...

We’re “lucky” that we have the opportunity to fall back to a guy like Blaylock ... but make no mistake that that’s a backup plan and we’re likely not getting to where we want to go with backup plans
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

dhdawg said:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

This is a kid that is in our backyard, is stupid talented, and we shit the bed on big time.

It’s an easy excuse to blame Fozzy on Strausser ... but Gordon is under Lake and the unit has a massive history of success ...

Clearly our top 3 targets were in no particular order Gordon, Irvin, and Hampton. Gordon is gone. Irvin likely is going to SC (can cross off ND most likely). If Hampton falls out and doesn’t sign on the 20th our odds of getting him falls dramatically.

We’re a week away from getting proof that Lake is damaged goods for us on the recruiting trail ...

We’re “lucky” that we have the opportunity to fall back to a guy like Blaylock ... but make no mistake that that’s a backup plan and we’re likely not getting to where we want to go with backup plans
    Totally missed my point. Of course we shit the bed. Of course our db recruiting sucks. But that doesn't mean kids aren't making stupid decisions. Petersen gets the most out of his players, sets them up for life after football, puts guys (especially) db's into the nfl, and in this case uw is literally an hour away.

We can be failing and kids can be making dumb decisions. It's always abundance
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If this is true then we are down to a grand total of
    two top notch recruiters in Lubick and Hamdan.
    Unacceptable if you have any aspirations at all.
  • Options
    I understand that perception is reality in recruiting. Lake is perceived to be gone soon. Guess what. Staffs turn over. Coaches leave. It happens. That doesn't mean we should be avoided like the fucking plague.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dhdawg said:

I understand that perception is reality in recruiting. Lake is perceived to be gone soon. Guess what. Staffs turn over. Coaches leave. It happens. That doesn't mean we should be avoided like the fucking plague.

Also called denial ...

If we can’t change the perception of Lake that’s a massive problem going forward

Don’t confuse that with his coaching acumen
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:
    ummmm, why not coach?

why is it not for everyone you want?

i'm not sure i get your point.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

dhdawg said:

Also called denial ...

If we can’t change the perception of Lake that’s a massive problem going forward

Don’t confuse that with his coaching acumen
    Yes and my point is that perception that we should avoid uw because the coach might leave is fucking stupid.

A point you have yet to understand
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    My source says KG has been enamored with ND for months. Lake's status has nothing to do with his decision. It's a common doogman excuse but some kids really do just want to leave home.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

dhdawg said:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

I don’t know how anyone can deny that there’s a strong possibility that this is right. What other reason could there be? What makes more sense: the entire 2018 west coast DB class is fucking retarded, or kids don’t want to sign up to play for a coach who’s had one foot out the door for over a year? Jimmy Lake is a great fucking coach and a great recruiter, so why the fuck is he striking out this year? Is it possible it’s just coincidence? Yes, but to dismiss the possibility that his job status may be affecting his recruiting success is fucking retarded.

Fuck guys, you’re making me agree with Tequilla. I can’t handle these ups and downs.
  • Options

My source says KG has been enamored with ND for months. Lake's status has nothing to do with his decision. It's a common doogman excuse but some kids really do just want to leave home.

Whenever uw doesn't close on a local kid early this is usually why
  • Options
    FrenchHuskyFrenchHusky Member Posts: 69
    So do we know if he's taking an official this week end ?
  • Options
    AF9705AF9705 Member Posts: 181
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

dhdawg said:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

I don’t know how anyone can deny that there’s a strong possibility that this is right. What other reason could there be? What makes more sense: the entire 2018 west coast DB class is fucking retarded, or kids don’t want to sign up to play for a coach who’s had one foot out the door for over a year? Jimmy Lake is a great fucking coach and a great recruiter, so why the fuck is he striking out this year? Is it possible it’s just coincidence? Yes, but to dismiss the possibility that his job status may be affecting his recruiting success is fucking retarded.

Fuck guys, you’re making me agree with Tequilla. I can’t handle these ups and downs.
    By entire West coast DB class you mean two kids?

Not going to make excuses because losing Gordon to the most overrated POS program in the nation is massively disappointing HOWEVER it says something about Lake that expectations are for him to go 3 for 3 on his top targets. Against the likes of USC, Notre dame, Oregon, etc who also expect to get everyone they offer.

It is impossible to say how much of a factor Lake entertaining Cal last year really was. We are talking about a very small sample size here. Ted Williams still had plenty of 0/4 games.

Everything about the program that Lake successfully sold in 2015 and 2016 still applies. And he should easily be able to counter any negative recruiting by emphasizing this is CP's program and success comes from the top.
    Interesting.

You think ND is an overrated POS program?

Okay.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Until a good closer convinces them to stay.

22-4. Playoff participant followed by a major bowl.

Desmond Trufant. Marcus Peters. Sidney Jones. Kevin King. Buddha Baker.

Murphy and Miller next.

Incoming, GOOD and ready to play freshman, play.

Closers close.
  • Options
    Petersen3098Petersen3098 Member Posts: 365
    edited December 2017

yes, and I think we are in a better position to land him than Togiai.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255

His mom will probably push for it still if he doesn't commit to ND tomorrow night, and considering he's set for the 17th, there's a chance he still takes the visit.

His last twitter like is UW, and there have been a few UW likes in the last 24 hours. ND is well into the lead, but there's still an outside (5%) shot in my opinion. I'm not going to jump to conclusions until I see his post visit twitter activity.
  • Options
    Petersen3098Petersen3098 Member Posts: 365

His mom will probably push for it still if he doesn't commit to ND tomorrow night, and considering he's set for the 17th, there's a chance he still takes the visit.

His last twitter like is UW, and there have been a few UW likes in the last 24 hours. ND is well into the lead, but there's still an outside (5%) shot in my opinion. I'm not going to jump to conclusions until I see his post visit twitter activity.
    I dont think ND is well into the lead, I would say it’s about 60% ND and 40% UW. He still trains with Tracy Ford right? That’s another guy that pushes guys to UW. We’ll be in really good position if he doesnt commit at the end of this week and takes the OV at UW. I think Lake can close.