Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kyler Gordon, 2018 4* DB, Everett (Archbishop Murphy), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    Petersen3098Petersen3098 Member Posts: 365
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Also most of the KG news are from Loy who is basically a ND homer
  • Options
  • Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Kaho is the most likely to commit out of the five.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

So none are committing. Got it.
  • Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

So none are committing. Got it.

• Options
    AF9705AF9705 Member Posts: 181
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Even Loy is saying he has no idea now. H will stick with his ND Crystal Ball only because if he is right he gets more points for picking it a long time ago.

The national & regional guys I talk to all say nobody knows, because even Kyler is still unsure at this point.

I am just going to sit back & watch what happens on this one.
  • Options
    AF9705 said:

Even Loy is saying he has no idea now. H will stick with his ND Crystal Ball only because if he is right he gets more points for picking it a long time ago.

The national & regional guys I talk to all say nobody knows, because even Kyler is still unsure at this point.

It'll be interesting, I think him visiting this weekend is very crucial and gives us a huge advantage over ND.
  • Options
    AF9705AF9705 Member Posts: 181
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

AF9705 said:

It'll be interesting, I think him visiting this weekend is very crucial and gives us a huge advantage over ND.
    Yeah, I’m curious to know what is happening tomorrow with Todd Lyght? That came out of nowhere?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    biak1 said:

I loved the magical hype journey over the last 2 weeks for UW in general, but I’m at home in a state of depression and misery that is being a Millenial UW football fan.

So there’s that. And for that I gotta thank Togiai.

Soon you will also be able to thank Gordon, Tremblay, Irvin and Kaho. I called a thud to end the cycle several weeks ago. Taimani was a nice pick up, but other than that, we are shooting blanks at the end again. In the last couple years I only recall a couple big flips our way - Budda and Murphy (and I don't think Murphy was end of cycle but my memory sucks). Basically, we never get the Prom Queen the weekend before Prom. It's always her fat ass pity friend.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

@SpiritHorse is hinting the one of the furious five we will get is Gordon, but he won't come out and say it. Probably trying to hedge and pray for Irvin or Tremblay. Stupid fucking horse. I can't wait to shoot him.

So it's @SpiritHorse vs. myself... I like Spirit Horse in this one, size matters.
    I don't know my power stalking buddy. He's 5-1 now. The magic is over. He dies in a week. Might get a reprieve if one of the other 4 commit, but chances of that happening are less than 20%. So, he ded.
    I still believe in spirit horse.

DDY has each of them at 20%. That equals one commit. Even now that’s 80% (81?).

I stand with SpiritHorse.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

@SpiritHorse is hinting the one of the furious five we will get is Gordon, but he won't come out and say it. Probably trying to hedge and pray for Irvin or Tremblay. Stupid fucking horse. I can't wait to shoot him.

So it's @SpiritHorse vs. myself... I like Spirit Horse in this one, size matters.
    I don't know my power stalking buddy. He's 5-1 now. The magic is over. He dies in a week. Might get a reprieve if one of the other 4 commit, but chances of that happening are less than 20%. So, he ded.
    I still believe in spirit horse.

DDY has each of them at 20%. That equals one commit. Even now that’s 80% (81?).

I stand with SpiritHorse.
    Hold on tight.

• Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

In the last couple years I only recall a couple big flips our way - Budda and Murphy (and I don't think Murphy was end of cycle but my memory sucks). Basically, we never get the Prom Queen the weekend before Prom. It's always her fat ass pity friend.

Murphy was in the last week. Everyone thought he was locked to the illiterate one at ASU... like to the point I didn’t even watch the commitment live stream on my company’s dime. Then twitter loaded and showed he commited to UW..

He is the lone wolf in the Wolfpack of recruiting flops

I should have remembered that because Murphy is the call that really cemented the @SpiritHorse legend. He made that call, when nobody else believed.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    Levi and Murphy the only big time out of state kids we closed late.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708

AF9705 said:

Tequilla said:

dhdawg said:

I say this not as an excuse for uw or its coaches. But kids are dumb. The fact that no one wants to play db in this system after 3 guys went in the first 2 rounds last year and 3 more very well might next year because of some bs rumors and depth is honestly a joke.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

This is a kid that is in our backyard, is stupid talented, and we shit the bed on big time.

It’s an easy excuse to blame Fozzy on Strausser ... but Gordon is under Lake and the unit has a massive history of success ...

Lake can spin this however he wants but this is a massive disaster ...

Clearly our top 3 targets were in no particular order Gordon, Irvin, and Hampton. Gordon is gone. Irvin likely is going to SC (can cross off ND most likely). If Hampton falls out and doesn’t sign on the 20th our odds of getting him falls dramatically.

We’re a week away from getting proof that Lake is damaged goods for us on the recruiting trail ...

We’re “lucky” that we have the opportunity to fall back to a guy like Blaylock ... but make no mistake that that’s a backup plan and we’re likely not getting to where we want to go with backup plans
    I don’t know how anyone can deny that there’s a strong possibility that this is right. What other reason could there be? What makes more sense: the entire 2018 west coast DB class is fucking retarded, or kids don’t want to sign up to play for a coach who’s had one foot out the door for over a year? Jimmy Lake is a great fucking coach and a great recruiter, so why the fuck is he striking out this year? Is it possible it’s just coincidence? Yes, but to dismiss the possibility that his job status may be affecting his recruiting success is fucking retarded.

Fuck guys, you’re making me agree with Tequilla. I can’t handle these ups and downs.
    By entire West coast DB class you mean two kids?

Not going to make excuses because losing Gordon to the most overrated POS program in the nation is massively disappointing HOWEVER it says something about Lake that expectations are for him to go 3 for 3 on his top targets. Against the likes of USC, Notre dame, Oregon, etc who also expect to get everyone they offer.

It is impossible to say how much of a factor Lake entertaining Cal last year really was. We are talking about a very small sample size here. Ted Williams still had plenty of 0/4 games.

Everything about the program that Lake successfully sold in 2015 and 2016 still applies. And he should easily be able to counter any negative recruiting by emphasizing this is CP's program and success comes from the top.
    Interesting.

You think ND is an overrated POS program?

Okay.
    No national championships since 1988. Best Bowl win since 1995 is the Music City Bowl. The last 20 years ND has not been an elite program. However no one can deny the ND brand.

Not saying Washington has been a top program, we just came out of a 15 year period of darkness, but Notre Dame is pretty far from the dominant program they used to be. That’s why UW fans may be a little bitter when a program whose brand strength is from 25-50 years ago strolls into our backyard and has a good chance to potentially steal our top DB recruit.

Also any school that thinks they are better than everyone and decides to be an independent can get fucked. But that’s just my opinion.
    Yeah, basically this. Yet despite all the mediocrity they get special BCS rules written for them, special tv contracts, and are hyped by the media any time they show a pulse which always ends in an embarrassing exposure eventually.

Through poor coaching and administration they've managed to completely piss away the massive advantages of their history and Catholic school connections and the national recruiting base that followed.