Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Yeah I'm out on Trump

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,814
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    RedRocket said:

Google needs oversight somehow, someway, it can't be trusted to provide the bulk of the world's info as political as it's become. Europe bent them over and fucked them in ass for anti trust behavior. America needs to do the same.

Yeah there's no slippery slope there. China regulates it's search engines. I hear it works great.
    But regulating statues and history is cool. Got it.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

Google needs oversight somehow, someway, it can't be trusted to provide the bulk of the world's info as political as it's become. Europe bent them over and fucked them in ass for anti trust behavior. America needs to do the same.

Upvoted because Google is probably the most important company in the world right now. There's all sorts of shady shit going on in the web these days. Companies cooperating with the Great Firewall of China. Keeping and sharing data and metadata. And so on.

And although I disagree with the faggot, that guy who Google shitcanned had no business being shitcanned. People need to engage, not dismiss points of view with which they disagree. Especially a company like Google whose motto is still "Don't be evil" (allegedly).
    This is a MAJOR problem in this country. The inability to say anything without offending someone, and there actually being repercussions from it. A white dude should be able to talk about black on black violence without being called a racist, and plenty of other examples. Or discuss women's predispositions based on biological differences, in this case. The guy didn't say women are fucking worthless, get in the kitchen bitch, or anything even remotely in that plane. Everyone is so fucking sensitive about everything now.

America: Land of Pussies
    This shit seemed like it started when I was in college. Back then the big deal was not offending anyone. Now we're up to "microaggressions" and shit.

Now, on the other hand, I think that some people have a point. Talk to any black person about their experiences getting pulled over versus any white person's experiences with the same. But people need to engage those views as well, rather than dismissing them out of hand.
    We are in violent agreement. Look, there are people that say over the top shit, and it's fine if people shun them for being faggots when appropriate. But this constant shouting down and social media shaming of people who are just discussing how they feel about things is just stupid. Hey, maybe they are technically "wrong," whatever that means, but if they aren't advocating killing jews, beating women, or reenslaving blacks, then whatever. They have an opinion. You disagree with it. Why do people have to lose careers over it?
    Wow Injun! That's some taint-tingling stuff right there.
  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,526
    Sledog said:

RedRocket said:

Yeah there's no slippery slope there. China regulates it's search engines. I hear it works great.
    I don't care about the statues you dumbshit. Tear em down or let em stand. Makes no difference to me either way. If it's a cool statue then I would actually prefer to leave it. My only strong opinion is that it should be up to the local community to decide what to do with their stupid statues.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

Upvoted because Google is probably the most important company in the world right now. There's all sorts of shady shit going on in the web these days. Companies cooperating with the Great Firewall of China. Keeping and sharing data and metadata. And so on.

And although I disagree with the faggot, that guy who Google shitcanned had no business being shitcanned. People need to engage, not dismiss points of view with which they disagree. Especially a company like Google whose motto is still "Don't be evil" (allegedly).
    This is a MAJOR problem in this country. The inability to say anything without offending someone, and there actually being repercussions from it. A white dude should be able to talk about black on black violence without being called a racist, and plenty of other examples. Or discuss women's predispositions based on biological differences, in this case. The guy didn't say women are fucking worthless, get in the kitchen bitch, or anything even remotely in that plane. Everyone is so fucking sensitive about everything now.

This shit seemed like it started when I was in college. Back then the big deal was not offending anyone. Now we're up to "microaggressions" and shit.

Now, on the other hand, I think that some people have a point. Talk to any black person about their experiences getting pulled over versus any white person's experiences with the same. But people need to engage those views as well, rather than dismissing them out of hand.
    We are in violent agreement. Look, there are people that say over the top shit, and it's fine if people shun them for being faggots when appropriate. But this constant shouting down and social media shaming of people who are just discussing how they feel about things is just stupid. Hey, maybe they are technically "wrong," whatever that means, but if they aren't advocating killing jews, beating women, or reenslaving blacks, then whatever. They have an opinion. You disagree with it. Why do people have to lose careers over it?
    Wow Injun! That's some taint-tingling stuff right there.
    Free pub!
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

Dude, agree with you, but we are engaging the shit out of those views, everyday. Just watch any national news broadcast. Racial differences and inequities dominate the news cycle. Unfortunately, it's mostly talking head shows where each panel member gets about 90 seconds to jam in their talking points, and little meaningful information is exchanged. If you have kids in public schools, racial equity is a constant theme of everything from math classes, to music and drama roles, to field trips. It is literally THE MOST talked about subject from dusk 'til dawn throughout the country. That you see some fringe group protesting a statue removal does not indicate a crisis, a movement, or widespread support for their backward views or ideas.

There are racist fucking pigs and clowns among us. We've always known that and held them in check through social isolation and rejection. But, the Media has advertising clients to please, so blowing shit out of proportion feeds their beasts while causing people to panic and abandon all reason. Truthfully, there's a lot of very smart people on these boards and, in general, smart & wise people aren't racist, because they realize and understand how dumb, self-limiting and self-defeating such views are. Watch MSNBC or CNN right now, and I guarantee they are spreading falsehoods, false equivalencies, or meaningless comparisons to send the clear message that one view is right, the other is wrong, and there is no in-between. Our team vs their team. And anyone who steps into the space between catches truckloads of shit, gets called a traitor, a Nazi, etc. Been there. Done that.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Sledog said:

RedRocket said:

You like participation trophies?
  • Options

dflea said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

RedRocket said:

No one is regulating statues and history. If you want a Nathan Bedford Forrest hooded statue in your house you're more than welcome to it. What is being addressed is government glorifications of people who fought for the Confederacy.

History is written by the victors bitch.
    He's too fucking stupid to understand what you just said.
    He's also too fucking stupid to understand what you just said about what the other guy just said.
    Excellent threadmining, CC.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

Dude, agree with you, but we are engaging the shit out of those views, everyday. Just watch any national news broadcast. Racial differences and inequities dominate the news cycle. Unfortunately, it's mostly talking head shows where each panel member gets about 90 seconds to jam in their talking points, and little meaningful information is exchanged. If you have kids in public schools, racial equity is a constant theme of everything from math classes, to music and drama roles, to field trips. It is literally THE MOST talked about subject from dusk 'til dawn throughout the country. That you see some fringe group protesting a statue removal does not indicate a crisis, a movement, or widespread support for their backward views or ideas.

There are racist fucking pigs and clowns among us. We've always known that and held them in check through social isolation and rejection. But, the Media has advertising clients to please, so blowing shit out of proportion feeds their beasts while causing people to panic and abandon all reason. Truthfully, there's a lot of very smart people on these boards and, in general, smart & wise people aren't racist, because they realize and understand how dumb, self-limiting and self-defeating such views are. Watch MSNBC or CNN right now, and I guarantee they are spreading falsehoods, false equivalencies, or meaningless comparisons to send the clear message that one view is right, the other is wrong, and there is no in-between. Our team vs their team. And anyone who steps into the space between catches truckloads of shit, gets called a traitor, a Nazi, etc. Been there. Done that.
    And the problem persists. See the Philando Castile acquittal. In liberal Minnesota, no less .
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    RedRocket said:

Sledog said:

RedRocket said:

I don't care about the statues you dumbshit. Tear em down or let em stand. Makes no difference to me either way. If it's a cool statue then I would actually prefer to leave it. My only strong opinion is that it should be up to the local community to decide what to do with their stupid statues.
    The problem is that the local politicians are for the most part as sackless as the federal ones, at least if there's more than 200,000 people in your town. They will cave to the SJW vocal minority just as quick as State House or Capitol Hill politician will. Whether they agree with it or not.
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

And the problem persists. See the Philando Castile acquittal. In liberal Minnesota, no less .
    Lots of people get shot by the cops everyday. And many of them aren't justified. But it's nice to see that you've updated your status to media pawn.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    salemcoog said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

Lots of people get shot by the cops everyday. And many of them aren't justified. But it's nice to see that you've updated your status to media pawn.
    Interesting.

627 people have been shot by the police so far this year.

135 of them have been black (22%)

8 unarmed people have been shot by the police so far this year.

8 of them have been black (100%)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings-2017/
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    AZDuck said:

salemcoog said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

Interesting.

Yeah but black people look more threatening and are most likely criminals.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

salemcoog said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

Interesting.

Good marksmanship

If these cases get to a jury which most don't, its up to the citizens to not duck out of jury duty like I always have

A lot of these cities are no longer lily white cops or prosecutors either. Yet it remains difficult to get a conviction
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

salemcoog said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

Interesting.

Your pictures show no stats of 8 unarmed people being shot by police nor all of them being black. At least what was linked anyway.
  • Options
    dflea said:

AZDuck said:

salemcoog said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

Interesting.

In conclusion, the fucking cooger is just as stupid as you thought he is.
    Relax dude. Go have a smoke.

But we all really know that you'd rather smoke some pole.... amiright?
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    salemcoog said:

AZDuck said:

salemcoog said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

Interesting.

Your pictures show no stats of 8 unarmed people being shot by police nor all of them being black. At least what was linked anyway.
    You have to use the filters in the table.