Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Yeah I'm out on Trump

Comments

• Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Politicized google needs to be dealt with too. They are more of a threat than any politician. The filter through which most people get their information is corrupt and has an agenda. Time to neuter the dog.

Start using a different search engine then. DuckDuckGo is good since they supposedly support anonymity.

The reason that Google is the predominant search engine is that it works really well. Remember Lycos, Alta Vista or Ask Jeeves? Google killed them because that's how a free market works. People flock to the better product.

What's your solution? Have government regulate google?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2017

Politicized google needs to be dealt with too. They are more of a threat than any politician. The filter through which most people get their information is corrupt and has an agenda. Time to neuter the dog.

What were you unable to find?
    He's clearly never been able to find Amazon. I'd be bitter too.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited August 2017

A free market is no longer free when 1 monopoly dominates everything. DuckDuckGo? Are you kidding. HTFH.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Google needs oversight somehow, someway, it can't be trusted to provide the bulk of the world's info as political as it's become. Europe bent them over and fucked them in ass for anti trust behavior. America needs to do the same.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RedRocket said:

Start using a different search engine then. DuckDuckGo is good since they supposedly support anonymity.

The reason that Google is the predominant search engine is that it works really well. Remember Lycos, Alta Vista or Ask Jeeves? Google killed them because that's how a free market works. People flock to the better product.

What's your solution? Have government regulate google?
    I wish I could just go back to the days of aol keywords. Keyword wwf is the best "website" in the history of mankind til this day
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Google needs oversight somehow, someway, it can't be trusted to provide the bulk of the world's info as political as it's become. Europe bent them over and fucked them in ass for anti trust behavior. America needs to do the same.

I like monopolies more than shit alternatives but that's just me.
  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,526

A free market is no longer free when 1 monopoly dominates everything. DuckDuckGo? Are you kidding. HTFH.

What's your problem with DuckDuckGo? Figured a Google hating Oregon fan would be all about it.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,814
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I came here for the @Sledog Trump double downs. Not disappointed at all!

The rest of you: WTF?

I double down on the constitution whether I like the subject or not.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    RedRocket said:

Yeah there's no slippery slope there. China regulates it's search engines. I hear it works great.
    well then why don't we just regulate like China but let the 'good' info get thru?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752

I'm just going to turn around, walk away whistling and pretend I have no idea how that mess behind me got there.

I knew he had to go on election night. But when he started spewing "fake news" about abc, nbc, and cbs he sealed the deal.
    I have mixed feelings on that. The media deserves it. They deserve to have their fucking teeth kicked in. Trump is attacking them in a troubling and dangerous way but let's not pretend we have this amazing free press that's making the country a better place. They're all owned by the same people that own the politicians and they do and say what they're told.
    Seriously, this is one of the best posts I've read. It's exactly how I feel but hadn't articulated. Trump is flawed, and yet I've seen from day one how the entire establishment (Dems and GOP) are giving marching orders to the media to destroy him because he's anti-establishment (though they'll never acknowledge that as the real reason). The media is filthy, disgusting, hypocritical and manipulative. I don't want to be part of that lynch mob. And yet, Trump doesn't always behave presidential and is flawed with self-destructive behaviors. It's a messy situation all-around.

1. CNN helped make Trump during the primary.
    2. Some of us who have been against Trump since day one have been so because he has been a racist piece of shit since day one of his campaign.
    Virtue signalers gonna virtue signal.
    My favorite classy racist is BACK!
    Lazy
    Yes.

Just following your lead.
    X2
    When you post something of value, I'll gladly respond.
    Irony Meters Everywhere
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

I'm just going to turn around, walk away whistling and pretend I have no idea how that mess behind me got there.

Allpurp. You can tell me I am fucking idiot and a shit head all you want, you are always good in my book.

Solid post.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Until Amazon stops sending me shit in 1-2 days for free while costing less than everyone you can go fuck yourself.

They'll stop sending you shit after they take your jerb as a sunglasses salesman in the mall and you can no longer afford to buy their fake Chinese junk.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Upvoted because Google is probably the most important company in the world right now. There's all sorts of shady shit going on in the web these days. Companies cooperating with the Great Firewall of China. Keeping and sharing data and metadata. And so on.

And although I disagree with the faggot, that guy who Google shitcanned had no business being shitcanned. People need to engage, not dismiss points of view with which they disagree. Especially a company like Google whose motto is still "Don't be evil" (allegedly).
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I think it would be great to launch a Department of Technology where all tech innovations are approved by a Govt bureaucracy before we're allowed to see them